Skip to content

Mock Draft Central

The Browns Board
222 30 7.0k
  • http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

    7 Rounder here without comp picks and us losing the 4th rounder for Collins

  • @the-gipper said:

    Can anyone explain how the 49ers need for a QB is greater than the Browns need?

    They have Kaepernick....maybe, and Gabbert.

    The guys we have are not as good as those guys.

    I mean, wouldn't all of you rather have Kaep over the guys we have on our roster now? (and I am just talking in terms of his football skills...not his attempt to be Jesse Jackson)

    No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.

    @mark-o said:

    No...I'd rather have RGIII or Kessler over Kaepernick. Kaep was a one year wonder apparently, hard to believe the guy who has looked so shitty the last 2 years is the same guy who damn near won a super bowl.

    Well, OK, how about this plan: we do without RG, Kaep, and let Kessler be a backup to hopefully an actual good QB.

  • http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

    7 Rounder here without comp picks and us losing the 4th rounder for Collins

    @darren15 said:

    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

    7 Rounder here without comp picks and us losing the 4th rounder for Collins

    Interesting. Taking Kaaya with #52. I have to wrap my head around that and figure out what I think about it.

    What pros and cons do you all see about that move?

  • Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

  • Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

    @darren15 said:

    Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

  • @darren15 said:

    Kaaya at 52 is at least 1 round too early ....in my opinion

    I have him as a mid 3rd onwards

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

    @the-gipper said:

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

    If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.

    WSS

  • Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    Clowney is a far better comparison in size, quickness, athleticism and position. Still never got the Mingo thing. Just gunshy.

  • @the-gipper said:

    But...if one of those QB desperate teams don't take a QB in round one, they may be looking for one in round 2. And the Browns could be one of them.

    If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    If we don't take one in the first round we ain't desperate.

    WSS

    I would agree. That is why I am pretty sure we will take a QB in round one. Because we are desperate.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    Yes, Mingo was slight compared to Garrett. Brown may be a more apt bodily comparison.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    Great points... some scouts wonder about Garrett's intensity... on the other hand, he's still in college....

    this draft is going to be more fun than the last one !

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Everytime I see Garrett, it looks like Mingo and/or Courtney Brown. If it was me, and I was

    determined not to take a qb at first overall, I would trade down and get Solomon Thomas

    instead. If I got Adams and Thomas in the first round, that would rock. Then the entire draft

    is left to pick up a cb (very deep), and oline.

    I have a hunch, however, that if D'onta Foreman, rb, was there in the second...I would

    seriously be tempted to take him, maybe. It's early. Depends on the bigger back the Browns signed...

    this next draft could make the Browns a very different football team. Need seriously good qb,

    need more speed and skill in secondary, desperately, need to fix offensive line right side. I don't know

    if their center in on team or not. But FA is going to be interesting, the Browns have the money to

    fix a few positions...

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Courtney Brown, as much as it hurts, gets a pass. His body betrayed him, and for that he's a tragic story.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Pass rushers are always a risk, as with every position, but I don't see Mingo in Garrett at all. Garrett just turned 21, and his frame is NOTHING like Mingo's. I bet Garrett will add 20 pounds in a year or two, and probably not lose any speed. He's 6'5 and 260-270.

    Agree and agree... he's already well beyond Mingo and at 21 his body is going to mature and "thicken".

  • New mock from NFL Network

    1. Watson

    12. Foster

    33. Baker

    52. A. Jackson

    I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.

  • They had cooper kupp at 65 as well, I'm ok with that. If it *does* go like that, I'd be confused but OK with it.

  • They had cooper kupp at 65 as well, I'm ok with that. If it *does* go like that, I'd be confused but OK with it.

    @gftchris said:

    They had cooper kupp at 65 as well, I'm ok with that. If it *does* go like that, I'd be confused but OK with it.

    Hopefully he will be better than Pimms.

    WSS

  • I may be on my own here but I would kind of rather lose the third round comp pick than the first pick of the fourth round. Anyone else?

  • New mock from NFL Network

    1. Watson

    12. Foster

    33. Baker

    52. A. Jackson

    I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.

    @flyin-j said:

    New mock from NFL Network

    1. Watson

    12. Foster

    33. Baker

    52. A. Jackson

    I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.

    I absolutely cannot see us not taking an elite Edge player at #1.

    Even my dream #12, Foster, could not console me, if we pass on one.

  • Garrett

    Allen

    Adams

    Hooker

    Foster

    Lattimore

    Murphy

    Plus a couple of QBs maybe.

    I don't see an 'elite' level player being available at 12. We should look to trade up with Chargers/Panthers maybe - what would it cost? 12->8, a second round pick at least I'd imagine.

  • @flyin-j said:

    New mock from NFL Network

    1. Watson

    12. Foster

    33. Baker

    52. A. Jackson

    I personally would take Trubisky over Watson (but I'd take Foster over Garrett right now), but I would love our draft if it played out like this.

    I absolutely cannot see us not taking an elite Edge player at #1.

    Even my dream #12, Foster, could not console me, if we pass on one.

    @tour2ma said:

    I absolutely cannot see us not taking an elite Edge player at #1.

    Even my dream #12, Foster, could not console me, if we pass on one.

    What if we flip em and go Foster at 1 and Thomas at 12?
  • @tour2ma said:

    I absolutely cannot see us not taking an elite Edge player at #1.

    Even my dream #12, Foster, could not console me, if we pass on one.

    What if we flip em and go Foster at 1 and Thomas at 12?

    @flyin-j said:

    What if we flip em and go Foster at 1 and Thomas at 12?

    Thomas? Ah... as in Solomon... haven't looked at him as yet. Guess I should since otherwise at #1 I'm moving deeper and deeper into the Camp Garrett... and that's keeping Foster out of my top spot... so unless Sashi writes "Foster #1 no matter what" on a scrap of paper...

    One thing for sure... as crowded as that top 12 is getting something good is falling to us at 12.