Skip to content

Developmental QB's

The Browns Board
24 11 705
  • What you also have to factor in is % success I think. For example what % first round picks "succeed" vs 3rd round etc. that study is on the net somewhere with that exact set of Data including definition of success. Still haven't tracked it down.

  • 10 year Data from February 2015 Now let's look at little closer at the QBs.

    Of the 122 QBs drafted in the last 10 years only 25 have been starters for at least half of their career.

    The first round gives you a 63% chance of finding a starter.

    The second round gives you a 27% chance, the third a 17% chance, then it really plummets from there with 8% in the fourth and 6% in the 7th.

    In the last 10 years, 38 QBs have been drafted in the 5th and 6th rounds and not one has become a starter.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Yep understood. How many of those were 4th round or later? Seems as though the real drop off is 4th round on.

    I was just about to bring this up. Removing the beloved example example of Tom Brady, here's guys you can throw into the later round mix as good or looking good QB's

    Russel Wilson (3rd)

    Dak Prescott (4th)

    Kirk Cousins (4th)

    Tyrod Taylor (6th)

    So basically one dude in Taylor and of course Brady were 4th or later. Everyone else listed are not people I'd qualify as quality starting QB's.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I was just about to bring this up. Removing the beloved example example of Tom Brady, here's guys you can throw into the later round mix as good or looking good QB's

    Russel Wilson (3rd)

    Dak Prescott (4th)

    Kirk Cousins (4th)

    Tyrod Taylor (6th)

    So basically one dude in Taylor and of course Brady were 4th or later. Everyone else listed are not people I'd qualify as quality starting QB's.

    Well, there were only 3 other names.

    And I am not sure that Siemian is any less "quality" of a starter than Tyrod Taylor.

  • Chad Kelly. IMO he can be a very good Pro.

    He has some issues with decisionmaking and his mechanics aren't rock solid, but hey, that is why you develop the player. The good is he is aggressive on the field, and can toss the rock.

    @ballpeen said:

    Chad Kelly. IMO he can be a very good Pro.

    He has some issues with decisionmaking and his mechanics aren't rock solid, but hey, that is why you develop the player. The good is he is aggressive on the field, and can toss the rock.

    Yeah I kind of like this kid.

    His uncle was a little bit of an asshole too but so what?

    WSS