Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Senior Bowl... Practices and Game on NFL Network

Senior Bowl... Practices and Game on NFL Network

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
29 Posts 10 Posters 977 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Mark OM Mark O

    @tour2ma said:

    Just to be sure I was clear... I was talking about the Sr. Bowl attendees, not the overall draft. I presumed Daniel Jerimiah was doing the same about QBs, but maybe he wasn't.

    DJ in his first mock draft doesn't have the Browns taking a QB in the first round. But he did have us taking Cook from FSU with #12 which is surprising.

    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 30k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @mark-o said:

    DJ in his first mock draft doesn't have the Browns taking a QB in the first round. But he did have us taking Cook from FSU with #12 which is surprising.

    In NFLDraftScout's initial rankings they have tabbed Cook as their #1 RB ahead of Fournette and the #5 overall player in the draft. I don't see us picking him at 12, but on a pure BPA basis his pick certainly would not be out of place, if the ranking is warranted.

    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
    Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
      #22

      This just in... I'm apparently not the only one who saw Dobbs flash in his Sr. Bowl practice...

      Senior Bowl Notebook: Pitt's Peterman, Vols' Dobbs Lead a Surprising QB Class

      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2689260-senior-bowl-notebook-pitts-peterman-vols-dobbs-lead-a-surprising-qb-class

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • CaineDeSoulis C
        • 672 Posts
        • 38 Reputation
        C CaineDeSoulis wrote on last edited by
        #23

        Webb looked fantastic in the redzone connecting 3 times for touchdowns in his drill

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 11k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
          #24

          Who's telling Gregg Williams you can't blitz in this game? I still like the Defensive talent when the live bullets fly Saturday, not the QB's..

          Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Tour2maT Tour2ma

            @mjp28 said:

            That figures the BROWNS are stacked with picks, maybe they'll find a few sleepers or 7th round starting QBs.

            Just to be sure I was clear... I was talking about the Sr. Bowl attendees, not the overall draft. I presumed Daniel Jerimiah was doing the same about QBs, but maybe he wasn't.

            TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 23k Posts
            • 6k Reputation
            T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @tour2ma said:

            Just to be sure I was clear... I was talking about the Sr. Bowl attendees, not the overall draft. I presumed Daniel Jerimiah was doing the same about QBs, but maybe he wasn't.

            No he was talking about the overall class of QB's this year.

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Tour2maT Tour2ma

              @mark-o said:

              DJ in his first mock draft doesn't have the Browns taking a QB in the first round. But he did have us taking Cook from FSU with #12 which is surprising.

              In NFLDraftScout's initial rankings they have tabbed Cook as their #1 RB ahead of Fournette and the #5 overall player in the draft. I don't see us picking him at 12, but on a pure BPA basis his pick certainly would not be out of place, if the ranking is warranted.

              Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 6k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by Mark O
              #26

              @tour2ma said:

              In NFLDraftScout's initial rankings they have tabbed Cook as their #1 RB ahead of Fournette and the #5 overall player in the draft. I don't see us picking him at 12, but on a pure BPA basis his pick certainly would not be out of place, if the ranking is warranted.

              Right...no question that he has talent. I would just be surprised with us taking a RB in the first round. Also...as far as draft "experts" go. For my money...guys like DJ and Mike Mayock are the one's who's opinion I respect the most.

              gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Mark OM Mark O

                @tour2ma said:

                In NFLDraftScout's initial rankings they have tabbed Cook as their #1 RB ahead of Fournette and the #5 overall player in the draft. I don't see us picking him at 12, but on a pure BPA basis his pick certainly would not be out of place, if the ranking is warranted.

                Right...no question that he has talent. I would just be surprised with us taking a RB in the first round. Also...as far as draft "experts" go. For my money...guys like DJ and Mike Mayock are the one's who's opinion I respect the most.

                gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 11k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
                #27

                @mark-o said:

                I would just be surprised with us taking a RB in the first round.

                #12 if i had 2 guesses #1.we try to move up with no takers, due to talent on board. #2. we trade down, trying to get another #1 in 2018 in a real NFL QB Draft Class. DJ welcome to Camp Don't reach on MTrib.

                Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                  • 18k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                  #28

                  @tour2ma said:

                  Just to be sure I was clear... I was talking about the Sr. Bowl attendees, not the overall draft. I presumed Daniel Jerimiah was doing the same about QBs, but maybe he wasn't.

                  That is true plus those three all star games are now more like 100% NFL workouts supervised and coached by current or former NFL coaches and players.

                  Used to be way back when the games were more about a reward for a good college career with NFL scouts in the stands....now it is more like serious business, and with computers and the Internet almost NOBODY gets missed.

                  The NFL sure has it made with the NCAA being it's minor leagues.

                  ....oh and two of my YSU Penguins are playing Saturday.

                  GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 30k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    Two? I saw one... an LB, who did not look out of place... but do not remember a second one.

                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate