Pluto Talkin' MORE Browns
-
Aloysius said:
We're all happy that the Rogers issue resolved, and we're not bringing it up. Only Ytown is - that was my point above."""Snubbing your best player is always an asshole move. It was then, and it still is now. Rogers may be a pussy, but if he is, Mangini should have slid up in that thang and done it right."""
Really?
-
I was talking about who brought up the subject, Russ. If it gets raised, of course someone's going to say something like that.
And we all know it was more complicated than that. No doubt Rogers is a bit thin-skinned and the incident where Mangini didn't say hi/didn't see him at the charity was overblown.
But there were also other issues that seem to have been forgotten: per one report, Rogers was sent a message saying that he shouldn't show up to OTA's unless he was below a certain weight. And I'm sure there was some other stuff I'm forgetting.
Anyway, who gives a shit, really? I'm glad that Mangini & Rogers patched things up. And from the articles I read at the time, it seemed like Kokinis played a subtle, underappreciated role in hashing things out. It made me even more of a fan of our A.J. Colby lookalike contest-winning GM. So much so, in fact, that I'm hoping he can help Mangini not repeat some of the mistakes he made in New York.
But I don't get why we need to keep coming back to the topic. One poster keeps on mentioning it, with the implication being that our good draft somehow proves that the concerns about Rogers wanting out were bullshit. They weren't, and we're all glad that the situation resolved in a way that kept our best defensive player in a Browns uniform.
-
Ytown is an old poster who used to be on the ABJ and then Navs board. I have a lot of respect for him but yes, he can be a pain in the ass and will beat a dead horse at times.
I know how to take him, but I don't know how to take somebody that throws Mangini under the bus over something so petty and stupid. I think it's feasible to say he has made some mistakes in the past, but I love his overall approach and intellectual outlook on the game.
True disrespect for players is what Belichick did and Alo I'm sure you've heard some of the stories over the years. Mangie is far from that. Let's see, didn't see Rogers at a function or using Michael Dean as a tackling dummy? Lying to Brennan and Langhorne or keeping Braylons around?
I would love to play for this guy. Quiz me anytime you want coach. Need help breaking down film, need an extra body at practice? Hell ya, he has the right plan.
I think a common thing that's overlooked is that playing in the NFL is such a hard thing to do and a lot of times the talent is so close that the difference is the little things that winners have. Screw the prima donnas, you either play or you don't.
-
Aloysius said:
We're all happy that the Rogers issue resolved, and we're not bringing it up. Only Ytown is - that was my point above.It's only ytown.................not me. he did it, he did it, not me, he did it......................grow the f-ck up and move on.
You were one who cut and pasted every story that dissed the guy and posted them and most were bullshit. Now, quit whining and let's move on since you have hopped on his bandwagon.
-
Aloysius said:
We're all happy that the Rogers issue resolved, and we're not bringing it up. Only Ytown is - that was my point above.It's only ytown.................not me. he did it, he did it, not me, he did it......................grow the f-ck up and move on.
You were one who cut and pasted every story that dissed the guy and posted them and most were bullshit. Now, quit whining and let's move on since you have hopped on his bandwagon.
Now, quit whining and let's move on since you have hopped on his bandwagon.
I think that is exactly what Aloy was asking you to do.
It's funny because you ripped on me for saying a few things repeatedly over a period of a few hours in various threads. But you continue to harp on this Mangini things for the better part of a week!! The Irony of it all.
Do what I say and not what I do. Correct?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login