Jimmy Garoppolo Speculation
-
Gipper---You keep quoting a guy on the radio while hiding behind ambiguities. Garbage in, garbage out. I keep pointing you to statements made by the Bengals director of personell, the head coach, and the owner. As for what it will cost, Tobin made it pretty clear he's going to make it hurt or he keeps McCarron. To which you'll say you weren't interested in McCarron anyway because the Browns can just stay put and draft Trubisky, thereby prompting both of us to laugh and laugh for totally different reasons. Right?
Gipper---You keep quoting a guy on the radio while hiding behind ambiguities. Garbage in, garbage out. I keep pointing you to statements made by the Bengals director of personell, the head coach, and the owner. As for what it will cost, Tobin made it pretty clear he's going to make it hurt or he keeps McCarron. To which you'll say you weren't interested in McCarron anyway because the Browns can just stay put and draft Trubisky, thereby prompting both of us to laugh and laugh for totally different reasons. Right?
Great- so the Bengals have gone fishin' and tossed the line in the water. Apparently they want to pull up a lunker. Just may not be biting this year. From my perspective, I'll let the Bengals keep their bait.
Please get real- there is no way in hell the Browns would trade the #12 pick to the Bengals for McCarron. That's just common sense. Like Sashi is so ignorant he'd let a division rival pick #9 & #12 at his expense? If that's their bar- well it's too high- except for pie in the sky dreaming Bengal fans.
-
Gipper---You keep quoting a guy on the radio while hiding behind ambiguities. Garbage in, garbage out. I keep pointing you to statements made by the Bengals director of personell, the head coach, and the owner. As for what it will cost, Tobin made it pretty clear he's going to make it hurt or he keeps McCarron. To which you'll say you weren't interested in McCarron anyway because the Browns can just stay put and draft Trubisky, thereby prompting both of us to laugh and laugh for totally different reasons. Right?
Great- so the Bengals have gone fishin' and tossed the line in the water. Apparently they want to pull up a lunker. Just may not be biting this year. From my perspective, I'll let the Bengals keep their bait.
Please get real- there is no way in hell the Browns would trade the #12 pick to the Bengals for McCarron. That's just common sense. Like Sashi is so ignorant he'd let a division rival pick #9 & #12 at his expense? If that's their bar- well it's too high- except for pie in the sky dreaming Bengal fans.
Great- so the Bengals have gone fishin' and tossed the line in the water. Apparently they want to pull up a lunker. Just may not be biting this year. From my perspective, I'll let the Bengals keep their bait.
Please get real- there is no way in hell the Browns would trade the #12 pick to the Bengals for McCarron. That's just common sense. Like Sashi is so ignorant he'd let a division rival pick #9 & #12 at his expense? If that's their bar- well it's too high- except for pie in the sky dreaming Bengal fans.
I don't know that Uma/Oprah said that the Bengals wanted the #12 pick. He didn't say what the Bengals may want. Maybe it was reported elsewhere. But who cares what the Bangles want...they can go walk like an Egyptian for all that matters. Like I said...to me, even if it were possible which it isn't a 3rd rounder would be it. Garropolo would have at least been worth #52. I don't know that I would want to give even #65 for McCarron. Maybe.
-
Tour---The seller sets the value first by determining if his asset is to be traded at all. Your Mecum example doesn't apply because the car you came to bid on never left the sellers garage. That said, the sellers lack of interest in obtaining your coveted draft picks and magic beans means you get to keep them.
The Mecum example is perfectly applicable because the bidding is going on.
And your shift from "true value" to "value" has been noted.
-
-
Great- so the Bengals have gone fishin' and tossed the line in the water. Apparently they want to pull up a lunker. Just may not be biting this year. From my perspective, I'll let the Bengals keep their bait.
Please get real- there is no way in hell the Browns would trade the #12 pick to the Bengals for McCarron. That's just common sense. Like Sashi is so ignorant he'd let a division rival pick #9 & #12 at his expense? If that's their bar- well it's too high- except for pie in the sky dreaming Bengal fans.
I don't know that Uma/Oprah said that the Bengals wanted the #12 pick. He didn't say what the Bengals may want. Maybe it was reported elsewhere. But who cares what the Bangles want...they can go walk like an Egyptian for all that matters. Like I said...to me, even if it were possible which it isn't a 3rd rounder would be it. Garropolo would have at least been worth #52. I don't know that I would want to give even #65 for McCarron. Maybe.
I don't know that Uma/Oprah said that the Bengals wanted the #12 pick. He didn't say what the Bengals may want. Maybe it was reported elsewhere. But who cares what the Bangles want...they can go walk like an Egyptian for all that matters. Like I said...to me, even if it were possible which it isn't a 3rd rounder would be it. Garropolo would have at least been worth #52. I don't know that I would want to give even #65 for McCarron. Maybe.
I think it got posted somewhere, and not by me- some of these "supposed" draft gurus like Maycock and Casserly are projecting what they would do with Garropolo and McCarron and publishing to the media that's what the Browns should do. I say screw that. Their opinion on the matter doesn't mean any more than yours or mine. They just have a bigger audience. So the Bengals and a few talking heads think McCarron is worth a lot? Great- carry on. I'll give you our compensatory 4th for him. & we both agree no higher than #52 for Wunderkid Jimmy.
-
A league source told the Cleveland Plain Dealer the Bengals want a second-round pick "at least" for A.J. McCarron.
"We'll listen to whatever anyone is thinking," said the source. "We're not actively looking to diminish our football team by trading A.J. McCarron and that diminishes our football team. It has to be something we feel is valuable enough to warrant doing that." The Plain Dealer believes the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if they can't land Jimmy Garoppolo or Tyrod Taylor, in that order. Browns coach Hue Jackson spent time with McCarron in Cincinnati.
-
Hoorta---Who said anything about using the #12 for McCarron? Tobin hinted it was going to ask for something that hurt, but I doubt the Bengals trade demands are even close to that. Furthermore, your team doesn't get to decide if the Bengals keep their bait, because the Browns aren't the only team fishing for a new starter. Rather, all the Browns can control is if they trade a draft pick or two that history suggests wouldn't turn out very good even if kept.
Gipper---The Bengals demanded a 1st and a 4th last year, and claim that in return they were offered a 2nd and a sweetener. They won't say which team made the offer but I'm guessing Houston. If true I'm guessing the Bengals were looking for a package of trade compensation of roughly 650-750 points, per the standard trade value chart found almost anywhere. How the Browns would attempt to match that demand is uncertain, but IMO the two most likely scenarios wouldn't even include a 1st round pick in the package. For example, #33 and #142 seems obvious, but of course that's still too much for you guys right? So how about #52 and #65? Still too much? Well now you're just embarrassing yourselves.
Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.
PoeticG---Isn't it funny how both of us want the same thing for your team? In fact, watching the Browns draft Trubisky in the 1st round is any Bengal fans best case scenario.
-
Hoorta---Everyone may have an opinion but in this example yours isn't equal to that of Mayock or Casserly. They have expertise and experience that none of the floor moppers and lawyers gathered here will ever have. Simply put, nobody values your opinion enough to pay for it. That said, your obscurity guarantees a week from now nobody will remember how silly your tough guy low baller rant sounded.
Beare---Sounds like McCarron was the Browns 3rd choice, but might have moved up now that New England has pulled Garappolo. So if true, all McCarron needs to move up into the top spot is for the Browns to flail and fail chasing the blacker Tarkenton from Buffalo. That shouldn't take long.
-
Hoorta---Who said anything about using the #12 for McCarron? Tobin hinted it was going to ask for something that hurt, but I doubt the Bengals trade demands are even close to that. Furthermore, your team doesn't get to decide if the Bengals keep their bait, because the Browns aren't the only team fishing for a new starter. Rather, all the Browns can control is if they trade a draft pick or two that history suggests wouldn't turn out very good even if kept.
Gipper---The Bengals demanded a 1st and a 4th last year, and claim that in return they were offered a 2nd and a sweetener. They won't say which team made the offer but I'm guessing Houston. If true I'm guessing the Bengals were looking for a package of trade compensation of roughly 650-750 points, per the standard trade value chart found almost anywhere. How the Browns would attempt to match that demand is uncertain, but IMO the two most likely scenarios wouldn't even include a 1st round pick in the package. For example, #33 and #142 seems obvious, but of course that's still too much for you guys right? So how about #52 and #65? Still too much? Well now you're just embarrassing yourselves.
Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.
PoeticG---Isn't it funny how both of us want the same thing for your team? In fact, watching the Browns draft Trubisky in the 1st round is any Bengal fans best case scenario.
Hoorta---Who said anything about using the #12 for McCarron? Tobin hinted it was going to ask for something that hurt, but I doubt the Bengals trade demands are even close to that. Furthermore, your team doesn't get to decide if the Bengals keep their bait, because the Browns aren't the only team fishing for a new starter. Rather, all the Browns can control is if they trade a draft pick or two that history suggests wouldn't turn out very good even if kept.
Gipper---The Bengals demanded a 1st and a 4th last year, and claim that in return they were offered a 2nd and a sweetener. They won't say which team made the offer but I'm guessing Houston. If true I'm guessing the Bengals were looking for a package of trade compensation of roughly 650-750 points, per the standard trade value chart found almost anywhere. How the Browns would attempt to match that demand is uncertain, but IMO the two most likely scenarios wouldn't even include a 1st round pick in the package. For example, #33 and #142 seems obvious, but of course that's still too much for you guys right? So how about #52 and #65? Still too much? Well now you're just embarrassing yourselves.
Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.
PoeticG---Isn't it funny how both of us want the same thing for your team? In fact, watching the Browns draft Trubisky in the 1st round is any Bengal fans best case scenario.
Uma: you are making a supposition that any of us here...including the Cleveland Browns may have some interest in McCarron.
To me, McCarron may at best be the 10th option that I would want the Browns to pursue. There are 3-4 QBs in this draft I would prefer, and at least 5-6 other FA options....if you still include Garropolo.
Guys like JG, Taylor, even Mike Glennon and Colin Kaepernick..who they can get without a trade. And a couple of others.
-
Hoorta---Everyone may have an opinion but in this example yours isn't equal to that of Mayock or Casserly. They have expertise and experience that none of the floor moppers and lawyers gathered here will ever have. Simply put, nobody values your opinion enough to pay for it. That said, your obscurity guarantees a week from now nobody will remember how silly your tough guy low baller rant sounded.
Beare---Sounds like McCarron was the Browns 3rd choice, but might have moved up now that New England has pulled Garappolo. So if true, all McCarron needs to move up into the top spot is for the Browns to flail and fail chasing the blacker Tarkenton from Buffalo. That shouldn't take long.
Hoorta---Everyone may have an opinion but in this example yours isn't equal to that of Mayock or Casserly. They have expertise and experience that none of the floor moppers and lawyers gathered here will ever have. Simply put, nobody values your opinion enough to pay for it. That said, your obscurity guarantees a week from now nobody will remember how silly your tough guy low baller rant sounded.
Beare---Sounds like McCarron was the Browns 3rd choice, but might have moved up now that New England has pulled Garappolo. So if true, all McCarron needs to move up into the top spot is for the Browns to flail and fail chasing the blacker Tarkenton from Buffalo. That shouldn't take long.
How would you know "which choice" McCarron is for the Browns? If he is on their radar, that blip is about the size of a seagull, not a 747.
-
Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
-
Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
U-Mad-Bitch1? U have no damn clue what the Browns are thinking. U have no damn clue on your real Been-Gals thoughts..Do you really believe any Source "flatly stating" anything this time of the season? now your making up our own choices on a Browns Board..what a life Uown, UMadBitch1,go see if the Zoo is hiring in the Been Gal Tiger feeding BS Department..Theirrr Great!!
-
Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
I agree with beare, I'll say any of this Media stuff means about zero, especially if it came from Mary Kay Cabbot- who has a school girl crush on Garropolo. Misinformation this time of year is rampant,like teams want to get it out in public what they're really thinking? & If Maycock was that great at evaluating talent, he'd be working for a team, not blabbering on ESPN. There was a look back on a site of Maycock's and Kipper's first round picks for the Browns, I did every bit as well as the "experts". For the record I almost puked when they drafted Manziel.
-
Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
I agree with beare, I'll say any of this Media stuff means about zero, especially if it came from Mary Kay Cabbot- who has a school girl crush on Garropolo. Misinformation this time of year is rampant,like teams want to get it out in public what they're really thinking? & If Maycock was that great at evaluating talent, he'd be working for a team, not blabbering on ESPN. There was a look back on a site of Maycock's and Kipper's first round picks for the Browns, I did every bit as well as the "experts". For the record I almost puked when they drafted Manziel.
I agree with beare, I'll say any of this Media stuff means about zero, especially if it came from Mary Kay Cabbot- who has a school girl crush on Garropolo. & If Maycock was that great at evaluating talent, he'd be working for a team, not blabbering on ESPN. There was a look back on a site of Maycock's and Kipper's first round picks for the Browns, I did every bit as well as the "experts". For the record I almost puked when they drafted Manziel.
Not all entirely true about working for a team. It's possible they don't want to. I know Daniel Jerimiah on NFL network has turned down offers to work for teams because he doesn't want to move his family from southern california. I think the NFL network guys do a great job of breaking down the players. But it's still all a crapshoot anyways.
-
Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
Gipper---You can read, right? The pecking order was from a Cleveland based source and was the most important part of Beare's post. Further, the source states flatly the Browns will make an offer for McCarron if the Browns can't get deals with Garappolo or Tyrod Taylor. And even someone with limited lawyer-like abilities should be able to figure out if someone is 3rd choice, McCarron, whatever comes next (Trubisky?) is going to be 4th choice at best.
Well, apparently you can't read. I don't care what some source says.....sources can be full of shit. Sources just speculate.
This "Cleveland Source" may just be some dude like me and you stating this. I guaranfuckingtee you that the source was not someone from the Browns. And I read the Cleveland area news, and listen to the Cleveland area talk shows...and I can tell you NO ONE is talking about doing any kind of deal for McCarron...beyond saying "McCarron?....Oh he may be someone to think about". That is it.
The Browns HAVE talked about the 4 QBs in the draft. They have mentioned certain FA QBs. They HAVE talked about continuing to work with RG and Kessler (I didn't even include them in front of McCarron in the Top 10 Options).
McCarron? Not a fucking word. Of course, certainly they can not talk about McCarron because he is under contract....but there are a HUNDRED other "Cleveland sources" that haven't mentioned a peep about McCarron.
I think it is pretty clear merely that YOU are the one playing some bullshit Belichick like game and it is you promoting the trade of McCarron.
Why? Perhaps because he actually sucks swamp water, and you know it and you just would like to see your team dump your garbage on us for some ridiculous price.
-
Hoorta---Who said anything about using the #12 for McCarron? Tobin hinted it was going to ask for something that hurt, but I doubt the Bengals trade demands are even close to that. Furthermore, your team doesn't get to decide if the Bengals keep their bait, because the Browns aren't the only team fishing for a new starter. Rather, all the Browns can control is if they trade a draft pick or two that history suggests wouldn't turn out very good even if kept.
Gipper---The Bengals demanded a 1st and a 4th last year, and claim that in return they were offered a 2nd and a sweetener. They won't say which team made the offer but I'm guessing Houston. If true I'm guessing the Bengals were looking for a package of trade compensation of roughly 650-750 points, per the standard trade value chart found almost anywhere. How the Browns would attempt to match that demand is uncertain, but IMO the two most likely scenarios wouldn't even include a 1st round pick in the package. For example, #33 and #142 seems obvious, but of course that's still too much for you guys right? So how about #52 and #65? Still too much? Well now you're just embarrassing yourselves.
Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.
PoeticG---Isn't it funny how both of us want the same thing for your team? In fact, watching the Browns draft Trubisky in the 1st round is any Bengal fans best case scenario.
Tour---My schtick never gets old. My jokes will still seem fresh and vibrant even when you and choco get tired of policing my grammar or correcting any spelling mistakes I might make.
First, I'll be the judge of when you grow tiresome, thank you.
Second, are you claiming that the shift from "true value" to "value" was a "grammatical error"?
-
Gumby---My goodness, you're a mess. Do other posters respond to your posts, and if so...how? Who translates? Have you been officially diagnosed? What flavor Jell-O are they serving in the cafeteria today?
Hoorta---Of course you agree with Beare. He's good people. I can sense that. As for your rant about the media, if you value their input at zero then you're knowingly making your opinions on less than zero information. Furthermore, nobody is suggesting you swallow everything whole. Treat it as speculation from an inconsistent source.
-
Gipper---You're not calling Beare a liar, are you?
Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.
-
Gipper---You're not calling Beare a liar, are you?
Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.
Gipper---You're not calling Beare a liar, are you?
Tour---I'm new here. What are the steps I need to take to block Gippers posts? Asking for a friend.
If you really want to be a cunt the process is that you must come and suck my dick.
Doing such a move just evidences your cowardice. You can't win an argument, so you chicken out. Chicken. Go ahead. Go away. But if you block me...you are blocking your best "source" of information
And I don't know say Beare is a liar....I am only saying that "ONE" single "Cleveland" source saying that McCarron is high on the Browns list don't mean shit. That "source" may be just some writer that has no more credibility than you or I. Like I said...I read a hundred "sources" that don't have the thought of McCarron at all on their mine. No more than the entire list of FA QBs out there.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login