Skip to content

Happenings Around the League

The Browns Board
135 26 5.0k
  • @cambridgeho said:

    Glennon from Tampa is rumored to head that way as well. So Hoyer may be no more.

    Right. If Cousins is traded to SFO....and Glennon gets signed by Da Bears....that would be two of the 4 teams in the top 6 that were looking for QBs taken out of the QB Draft Derby....fair to say?

    That would leave the Jets also looking (and even though they have invested a 2d and a 3rd round pick on QBs the last 2 years)

    Their philosophy may be: keep drafting QBs til you get it right.

    Should that also be the Browns Philosophy?

    @the-gipper said:

    Right. If Cousins is traded to SFO....and Glennon gets signed by Da Bears....that would be two of the 4 teams in the top 6 that were looking for QBs taken out of the QB Draft Derby....fair to say?

    That would leave the Jets also looking (and even though they have invested a 2d and a 3rd round pick on QBs the last 2 years)

    Their philosophy may be: keep drafting QBs til you get it right.

    Should that also be the Browns Philosophy?

    Looks like we could have a QB at pick 12 or they just are not valued that high after the combine.

  • It may have been posted somewhere else, but the Browns met privately with Joe Mixon (aka the woman basher) before his pro day:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18850454/joe-mixon-met-privately-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns-detroit-lions-new-orleans-saints-ahead-pro-day

    Disheartening to me to say the least. I understand it's just a meeting and could mean nothing but I don't get why you meet with the dude at all. That's a nightmare PR scenario waiting to happen.

    @jrb12711 said:

    It may have been posted somewhere else, but the Browns met privately with Joe Mixon (aka the woman basher) before his pro day:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18850454/joe-mixon-met-privately-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns-detroit-lions-new-orleans-saints-ahead-pro-day

    Disheartening to me to say the least. I understand it's just a meeting and could mean nothing but I don't get why you meet with the dude at all. That's a nightmare PR scenario waiting to happen.

    The guy went through the legal system. The guy went through suspension for what he did in college.

    He has suffered through the reprimands that society and the college sport system saw fit.

    Should he now be barred forever from attaining some kind of living doing what he is good at?

    After you beat your wife were you allowed to go back to your job...or at least pursue a job in your field of endeavour?

  • Dumervill cut by the Ravens

    @londonbrown said:

    Dumervill cut by the Ravens

    At Age 33 not likely a target for our FO to pursue.

  • Hoyer to the 49ers.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Hoyer to the 49ers.

    Shanny liked him when he was with the Browns.

  • I maybe taking crazy pills here, but with the latest news coming out that Glennon is going to Chicago, Hoyer is going to SF, and TT just restructured with the BIlls, doesn't this put the Browns in the driver's seat for whichever qb they want in the draft? Also, doesn't this lower the asking price for Garrapolo? Whom is going to trade for him now? It's not going to be chicago or SF. NE won't trade within the divsion (Jets). I could see a team such as NO or AZ, perhaps. Look at the Draft order:

    1. Cleveland Browns- Take Garrett with no hesitation
    2. San Francisco 49ers- Will take a qb at some point, but not this high. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade out
    3. Chicago Bears-No way they take a qb here if they sign Glennon
    4. Jacksonville Jaguars-Don't need a qb (at least in their eyes)
    5. Tennessee Titans from Los Angeles Rams-Don't need a qb
    6. New York Jets- They need a qb but have so many other needs. They are gutting their roster. I think they trade down
    7. Los Angeles Chargers-Don't need a qb
    8. Carolina Panthers-Don't need a qb
    9. Cincinnati Bengals-Don't need a qb
    10. Buffalo Bills-Don't need a qb
    11. New Orleans Saints- I can see a qb getting drafted in this spot as a potential replacement for Brees
    12. Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles -BINGO. Even if one qb goes ahead of them, they still have either Watson or Trubs

    In all honesty, they could even trade up anywhere between 6-10 and not give up that much and get the guy they want. I really think this is going to work out better than they were thinking

    @bigalow80 said:

    I maybe taking crazy pills here, but with the latest news coming out that Glennon is going to Chicago, Hoyer is going to SF, and TT just restructured with the BIlls, doesn't this put the Browns in the driver's seat for whichever qb they want in the draft? Also, doesn't this lower the asking price for Garrapolo? Whom is going to trade for him now? It's not going to be chicago or SF. NE won't trade within the divsion (Jets). I could see a team such as NO or AZ, perhaps. Look at the Draft order:

    1. Cleveland Browns- Take Garrett with no hesitation

    2. San Francisco 49ers- Will take a qb at some point, but not this high. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade out

    3. Chicago Bears-No way they take a qb here if they sign Glennon

    4. Jacksonville Jaguars-Don't need a qb (at least in their eyes)

    5. Tennessee Titans from Los Angeles Rams-Don't need a qb

    6. New York Jets- They need a qb but have so many other needs. They are gutting their roster. I think they trade down

    7. Los Angeles Chargers-Don't need a qb

    8. Carolina Panthers-Don't need a qb

    9. Cincinnati Bengals-Don't need a qb

    10. Buffalo Bills-Don't need a qb

    11. New Orleans Saints- I can see a qb getting drafted in this spot as a potential replacement for Brees

    12. Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles -BINGO. Even if one qb goes ahead of them, they still have either Watson or Trubs

    In all honesty, they could even trade up anywhere between 6-10 and not give up that much and get the guy they want. I really think this is going to work out better than they were thinking

    I don't see the fact that Hoyer may be going to the Niners as evidence that they would not take a QB at #2. Why would you think that? Hoyer is a backup...bridge QB at best. And they still have sights set on Cousins perhaps. If Cousins goes there, that is a complete different story.

    And if Cousins does go to SFO...what do the Skins get in return? #2 overall? If that is the case then the Redskins are definite players for a QB at #2. Do you think they would just go into the season relying on Colt McCoy? Nyet.

  • The Colts have traded Dwayne Allen to the Patriots

    That's it Indianapolis, you send good players to an AFC rival that keeps beating you in the playoffs

  • @the-gipper said:

    Right. If Cousins is traded to SFO....and Glennon gets signed by Da Bears....that would be two of the 4 teams in the top 6 that were looking for QBs taken out of the QB Draft Derby....fair to say?

    That would leave the Jets also looking (and even though they have invested a 2d and a 3rd round pick on QBs the last 2 years)

    Their philosophy may be: keep drafting QBs til you get it right.

    Should that also be the Browns Philosophy?

    Looks like we could have a QB at pick 12 or they just are not valued that high after the combine.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Looks like we could have a QB at pick 12 or they just are not valued that high after the combine.

    They are QBs, of course they will be valued high. I still say 2 will be taken in Top 12...even if the Bears get Glennon, the 49ers get Cousins.

    The Jets would get one....and the Redskins if that trade is made would be in the market...and the Browns.

  • The Colts have traded Dwayne Allen to the Patriots

    That's it Indianapolis, you send good players to an AFC rival that keeps beating you in the playoffs

    @londonbrown said:

    The Colts have traded Dwayne Allen to the Patriots

    So seems as if Sheard will be hitting FA...

  • @londonbrown said:

    The Colts have traded Dwayne Allen to the Patriots

    So seems as if Sheard will be hitting FA...

    @tour2ma said:

    So seems as if Sheard will be hitting FA...

    How so? Dwayne Allen = TE? Salary implications?

  • @cambridgeho said:

    squeezing anal-lynic money to tight when your losing these type talents to 2nd in cap 49'ers. Kyle will find a way to use him, while Hue is left falling in the sea of ideas

  • So the real question becomes how many teams really need a QB after the 12th overall. Can we get away with waiting until #33?

    I think some of the mocks are showing that now.

  • Why do I have the sinking feeling that 2 weeks from now, the Browns will have done nothing and they will be telling us to 'trust the process'?

    Hope I'm wrong, but............

  • D Bone ...your not far from the truth

  • hopefully they dont sit on there hands sign bunch bums why missing out on all the top players

    maybe we could sign kap and joe mixon the woman beater (joking of course)

  • Why do I have the sinking feeling that 2 weeks from now, the Browns will have done nothing and they will be telling us to 'trust the process'?

    Hope I'm wrong, but............

    @d-bone said:

    Why do I have the sinking feeling that 2 weeks from now, the Browns will have done nothing and they will be telling us to 'trust the process'?

    Hope I'm wrong, but............

    Well lets see what happens in the 1st 24 hours after 4pm tomorrow.

  • I maybe taking crazy pills here, but with the latest news coming out that Glennon is going to Chicago, Hoyer is going to SF, and TT just restructured with the BIlls, doesn't this put the Browns in the driver's seat for whichever qb they want in the draft? Also, doesn't this lower the asking price for Garrapolo? Whom is going to trade for him now? It's not going to be chicago or SF. NE won't trade within the divsion (Jets). I could see a team such as NO or AZ, perhaps. Look at the Draft order:

    1. Cleveland Browns- Take Garrett with no hesitation
    2. San Francisco 49ers- Will take a qb at some point, but not this high. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade out
    3. Chicago Bears-No way they take a qb here if they sign Glennon
    4. Jacksonville Jaguars-Don't need a qb (at least in their eyes)
    5. Tennessee Titans from Los Angeles Rams-Don't need a qb
    6. New York Jets- They need a qb but have so many other needs. They are gutting their roster. I think they trade down
    7. Los Angeles Chargers-Don't need a qb
    8. Carolina Panthers-Don't need a qb
    9. Cincinnati Bengals-Don't need a qb
    10. Buffalo Bills-Don't need a qb
    11. New Orleans Saints- I can see a qb getting drafted in this spot as a potential replacement for Brees
    12. Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles -BINGO. Even if one qb goes ahead of them, they still have either Watson or Trubs

    In all honesty, they could even trade up anywhere between 6-10 and not give up that much and get the guy they want. I really think this is going to work out better than they were thinking

    @bigalow80 said:

    I maybe taking crazy pills here, but with the latest news coming out that Glennon is going to Chicago, Hoyer is going to SF, and TT just restructured with the BIlls, doesn't this put the Browns in the driver's seat for whichever qb they want in the draft? Also, doesn't this lower the asking price for Garrapolo? Whom is going to trade for him now? It's not going to be chicago or SF. NE won't trade within the divsion (Jets). I could see a team such as NO or AZ, perhaps. Look at the Draft order:

    1. Cleveland Browns- Take Garrett with no hesitation

    2. San Francisco 49ers- Will take a qb at some point, but not this high. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade out

    3. Chicago Bears-No way they take a qb here if they sign Glennon

    4. Jacksonville Jaguars-Don't need a qb (at least in their eyes)

    5. Tennessee Titans from Los Angeles Rams-Don't need a qb

    6. New York Jets- They need a qb but have so many other needs. They are gutting their roster. I think they trade down

    7. Los Angeles Chargers-Don't need a qb

    8. Carolina Panthers-Don't need a qb

    9. Cincinnati Bengals-Don't need a qb

    10. Buffalo Bills-Don't need a qb

    11. New Orleans Saints- I can see a qb getting drafted in this spot as a potential replacement for Brees

    12. Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles -BINGO. Even if one qb goes ahead of them, they still have either Watson or Trubs

    In all honesty, they could even trade up anywhere between 6-10 and not give up that much and get the guy they want. I really think this is going to work out better than they were thinking

    Gip is pretty spot on. Hoyer could just be the"bridge" qb. They may well draft a qb @ #2, or trade for Cousins. Or, assuming Cousins wants out of Washington, they can just bide their time an make him an offer next year. They're pretty much in the same boat talent wise that the Browns are. Besides the Saints- I could see the Chargers in the market for an eventual Rivers replacement.

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't see the fact that Hoyer may be going to the Niners as evidence that they would not take a QB at #2. Why would you think that? Hoyer is a backup...bridge QB at best. And they still have sights set on Cousins perhaps. If Cousins goes there, that is a complete different story.

    And if Cousins does go to SFO...what do the Skins get in return? #2 overall? If that is the case then the Redskins are definite players for a QB at #2. Do you think they would just go into the season relying on Colt McCoy? Nyet.

    If this falls out as suggested above, it's entirely possible Trubs (or Watson- yuck) maybe both- could be there @ #12. If the 49ers don't take a qb, a trade up with the Jets just got a lot more attractive.

  • @tour2ma said:

    So seems as if Sheard will be hitting FA...

    How so? Dwayne Allen = TE? Salary implications?

    Jesus Christ people... we did not sign a fucking FB! We'll miss him at least 6 plays a game...

    Sorry... just spent an hour in the Political section and had some carry over.

    @gftchris said:

    How so? Dwayne Allen = TE? Salary implications?

    More like brainfart...

    Somehow got Dwight Freeney in my head, but only because he played there a few years ago and the names are so dissimilar...

    @d-bone said:

    Why do I have the sinking feeling that 2 weeks from now, the Browns will have done nothing and they will be telling us to 'trust the process'?

    Hope I'm wrong, but............

    I'll be there for you, D... it'll be alright...

  • So the real question becomes how many teams really need a QB after the 12th overall. Can we get away with waiting until #33?

    I think some of the mocks are showing that now.

    @texasag1969 said:

    So the real question becomes how many teams really need a QB after the 12th overall. Can we get away with waiting until #33?

    I think some of the mocks are showing that now.

    Teams with most dire QB needs:

    Browns

    49ers

    Bears

    Jets

    Others that may be interested in developing a QB:

    Chargers

    Cardinals

    Texans

    Chiefs

    Saints

    Jags

    Steelers

    Giants

    Some of these latter teams have 35+ year old QBs...they need to start to think of the future...and may do so this year.

  • Why do I have the sinking feeling that 2 weeks from now, the Browns will have done nothing and they will be telling us to 'trust the process'?

    Hope I'm wrong, but............

    @d-bone said:

    Why do I have the sinking feeling that 2 weeks from now, the Browns will have done nothing and they will be telling us to 'trust the process'?

    Hope I'm wrong, but............

    Because their analytics will supposedly tell them not to spend an additional farthing more than their math computation says to....and they are slaves to their mathematics....which of course means that they exercise poor human judgment.