Skip to content

Beware The Next Jeff George & David Carr Greatest Workouts Ever Types Today.

The Browns Board
84 15 1.9k
  • 12 for Trubisky, 33 for Garoppollo, or roll with Kessler, that's what I'd do.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @wargograw said:

    12 for Trubisky, 33 for Garoppollo, or roll with Kessler, that's what I'd do.

    A. Yes....if he is still there..which I don't think will happen.. B. No...but I may do #52...but per reports I heard on ESPN this morning, BB want TWO first round draft picks for JG...fuck him. C. Roll with Kessler as a backup at best.....but what about RGIII...who among them plays if we stand pat on the QB?

  • @roycerolls said:

    someone on the radio was talking about drafting a QB and signing Hoyer to be the bridge veteran... Honestly, I don't hate it, Hoyer certainly had his short-comings his first time around, but he also gave Brown's fans hope for a little while at least. We all know that the rookie would be starting by week 8 anyway.

    I heard the same. IF Hoyer would be willing to be a "bridge QB" & mentor, it wouldn't be a bad idea & possibly a fantastic PR move.

    Mike

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @canton-mike said:

    I heard the same. IF Hoyer would be willing to be a "bridge QB" & mentor, it wouldn't be a bad idea & possibly a fantastic PR move.

    Mike

    He wanted no part of being that for JMZ....don't blame him. Would he be OK with that if it were any of the QBs that are available this year?

    And why Hoyer for that role...when we have RG? (Perhaps because RG would not be accepting of the role where Hoyer would be?)

  • @flugel said:

    There's no problem with you sticking to your gut with Trubisky at #1. It just rubbed me the wrong way when you changed to Camp Garrett acting like it's a drag and if Trubisky IS a Franchise QB for someone else - you're gonna go off.

    This is a weak QB draft according to a consensus of scouts/experts/analysts that are more open-minded than fans wanting a local kid. Tour tried explaining this to you about the weak draft but you but up a China wall to his points and dismissed them.

    Charlie Casserly just explained none of the QBs are good enough to be in the Top 10 so he has us taking Trubisky at #12 in his Mock draft tonight on the NFL Channel. He's got a lot of experience as a GM and he sees us getting Garrett and Trubisky.

    I complimented both Watson and Trubisky after the combine. Having said that, I can't wrap my head around investing a 1st round pick on either for our situation. How many different QBs here couldn't even survive starts (some twice) last year? Whitehurst, Kessler, RG3 and McCown. Our TE couldn't outrun a mannequin last year and he'll be 32; Pryor may not be back; our line needs improvement. We can't keep drafting first round picks that don't pan out. It's killed us to date. Me thinks if Dak Prescott came here last year - he wouldn't have been nearly as successful as the Dallas line, running game, and Dez Bryant & Jason Witten enabled him to be. People still complain that Couch never had a chance. If you think you're tired of arguing now - what til you have to defend why your guy is struggling every week.

    I think I'm all QB'd out. There will be a lot of guys on our door step that can really help improve us this year. I'm going to start focusing more on rounds 2-7 and free agency.

    Favre and Rypien were also 2nd round QBs to add to our already mentioned Brees, Carr, Dalton, and Esiason.

    You mean the Charlie Casserly that drafted Heath Schuler with the 3rd overall pick in the draft? He must be an expert on QB's!

    Just pullin' your chain Tom!

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @canton-dawg said:

    You mean the Charlie Casserly that drafted Heath Schuler with the 3rd overall pick in the draft? He must be an expert on QB's!

    Just pullin' your chain Tom!

    Well, as I said.....QBs are like a Box of Chocolates, you never know what you are gonna get. (err, wait...it may have been someone else that said that....Forest Lump?)

    You might get Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. Or you might get Peyton Manning CAM Newton.

    Or later you might find a nice chewy QB like a Brady or a Wilson.

    Leadership-Lesson-Life-is-Like-a-Box-of-

  • @canton-dawg said:

    You mean the Charlie Casserly that drafted Heath Schuler with the 3rd overall pick in the draft? He must be an expert on QB's!

    Just pullin' your chain Tom!

    HA! Very true, but when you win a Superbowl or 2 -you get a mulligan. For example, Bill Walsh preferred Hostra's Gino Carmozzi over Tom Brady. I think I can cut him some slack considering what he previously built up in SF.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @flugel said:

    HA! Very true, but when you win a Superbowl or 2 -you get a mulligan. For example, Bill Walsh preferred Hostra's Gino Carmozzi over Tom Brady. I think I can cut him some slack considering what he previously built up in SF.

    I don't think Bill Walsh was with the 49ers at that point...err, actually...I looked it up. Yes, he WAS the VP and GM of the Niners in 2000. So you are right. The guy that took Joe Montana passed up on the next Joe Montana.....but then...so did everyone else....6 times over.