Skip to content

Roll Call... Who's Looking at Attending Oct. 15 @ HOU?

The Browns Board
221 23 6.3k
  • The SCDP has set the time and location for the Backer Bash.

    Details

    Date:
    October 14
    Time:
    6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
    Venue

    BW3 Rice Village
    2525 Rice Blvd
    Houston, TX 77005 United States + Google Map

  • Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...

    http://www.ricevillagedistrict.com/

  • Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...

    http://www.ricevillagedistrict.com/

    @tour2ma said:

    Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...

    http://www.ricevillagedistrict.com/

    Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.

  • I am looking at maybe reserving rooms in a nearby Hampton (F&F rates). Has anyone figured out where to get tickets yet that don't gouge you for stupid fees?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Rice Village is a really cool area and a great choice for this gathering...

    http://www.ricevillagedistrict.com/

    Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.

    @hoorta said:

    Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.

    Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.

    Are you planning on going to Houston?

  • @hoorta said:

    Ah, it will be fun to socialize, but I'm not in love with B-Dubs. Wine list is lacking, I don't do wings, and they only serve burgers incinerated to a crisp the last time I ordered one, regardless of how you ordered it.

    Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.

    Are you planning on going to Houston?

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.

    Are you planning on going to Houston?

    I'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.

    Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs. 🙂

    SWEET BBQ
  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, for a few hours you may just have to slum it with the rest of us Larry in your drinking habits. Buy a beer or better yet...some Irish in the rocks. Or a foo foo drink. As for food, you can get a chicken sandwich or wrap or some pulled pork..or maybe a shrimp Po Boy.

    Are you planning on going to Houston?

    I'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.

    Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs. 🙂

    SWEET BBQ

    @hoorta said:

    I'm in for sure Gip. already have the plane (nonstop from Cinci, a rarity- I'll happily drive 60 miles to not change planes) and the hotel (Holiday Inn Houston South) booked. Irish on the rocks, or Crown will have to do and some nachos. The chickens of the world are quite safe on my account- I don't eat them, or their eggs either. As to wine- tastes great- Less filling.

    Their menu says "burgers grilled medium well". Bull s**t. Incinerated to the point of shoe leather. They probably use beef the local grocery was going to throw out, and are afraid of getting sued for food poisoning. Hate to say it, but I have higher standards when it comes to eating out than B-Dubs. 🙂

    SWEET BBQ

    I am 90% sure. Spoke with my daughter just this afternoon about it....and she is actually looking forward to it. Plus, as noted...due to her employment with Hilton we can get CHEAP hotel rates at Hampton...nearby. And she is excited about seeing a game with her old man....though she may be rooting for those Dumb Ass Texans...now that she is one of them. 😠

    I am likely to drive down.....spending time in New Orleans and Lafayette La...and follow the Natchez Trace.

    I love chicken....and eggs. Good protein.

  • booked my flights on Delta today, 298.60 out of CLE. Fares are up from 235 several weeks ago. My guess is they will continue to rise.

  • It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

  • It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

    @topdawg31 said:

    It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

  • @topdawg31 said:

    It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    @bob806 said:

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    I bought them from the group I will be tailgating with, as soon as I find out I'll let you know. They are lower bowl close to field for 113 each. Face value.
  • Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

  • Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

    @the-gipper said:

    Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

    Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Has anyone a recommendation on the best place to buy tickets?

    Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

    @tour2ma said:

    Direct from the team site (Ticketmaster) is always "best" from cost standpoint and they are on sale now. Nosebleed section seats are going in the mid-$30 (plus "fees") area IIRC.

    Thanks, though I am not absolutely ready to commit to going. It is my plan, and I am 90% there....just have to nail some stuff down. But thanks for the info.

  • @topdawg31 said:

    It's all coming together now, got my room, air fare, rental car, new custom jersey and game tickets. Next sunday at training camp can't wait.

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    @bob806 said:

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

  • @bob806 said:

    Where are your seats? I was looking at StubHub, just need to pull the trigger

    just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

    @topdawg31 said:

    just received my seats they are in sec 119, row R

    Small world... same section as my in-laws.

    @boo-fagley said:

    Montrose is prefect for you guys. Nice hotels and prices are good.

    Area you used to "work"?

  • See the invitation that I plan to send out that I posted in The Barber Shop regarding my plans for the trip this fall to Houston. This trip, for me, would kill 3 birds with one stone: 1. I always take a Fall trip anyway...as you all can see. 2. It gives me a chance to see my daughter who lives in Texas...as she would be coming over for the game 3. then there is the game, and the camaraderie that goes with it with you all.

  • anyone looking for tickets should check with the Space City Dawg Pound Browns Backers. They posted on Facebook that they have acquired a good size block of game tickets.

  • anyone looking for tickets should check with the Space City Dawg Pound Browns Backers. They posted on Facebook that they have acquired a good size block of game tickets.

    @topdawg31 said:

    anyone looking for tickets should check with the Space City Dawg Pound Browns Backers. They posted on Facebook that they have acquired a good size block of game tickets.

    Thanks, may do when the time comes.

  • http://scdp.houstonbrownsbackers.com/2017-backer-bash/

    Maybe the Buckeyes-Cornhusker game will be that night too. Should be a great time in Houston.