Skip to content

Who Got The Steal of Day 1?

The Browns Board
21 13 737
  • What I don't understand is why the Bears even traded for Trubinsky. If the 49ers wanted him they wouldn't have given him up for a couple 3rds. If someone else wanted him the 49ers would have made a deal the Bears couldn't match. It makes absolutely no sense.

    @htownbrown said:

    What I don't understand is why the Bears even traded for Trubinsky. If the 49ers wanted him they wouldn't have given him up for a couple 3rds. If someone else wanted him the 49ers would have made a deal the Bears couldn't match. It makes absolutely no sense.

    Because the 49ers "played" the Bears... Just as MN played us years ago when we coveted Trent Richardson. They figure out who you want, make you think someone else "on another line" is making a serious offer for that very player, and then they pull the sheep shears out of the desk drawer...

    @vagitron said:

    I'm just glad the Steelers passed on him.

    Me, too... Can't wait for you to tell us how great mini-Watts is...

    @htownbrown said:

    If the Browns would have given up what it took to move up that far, why on earth did SF take chump change from the Bears? Think about it. It's stupid.

    No... because it costs SF their top player on their board. That player has a "value" to them.

    So even had we called them with a serious offer, which I doubt we did, we could offer substantially more and they could very well say no. Every slot a trade partner "asks" SF to drop increases the price... and not linearly.

    I'll bet SF fielded more calls for the #3 pick than they did the #2.