Skip to content

Interest in Mixon?

The Browns Board
45 19 1.1k
  • H Hoodums19 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    So I know everyone that hates the draft has been clamoring for an offensive playmaker. I personally think Njoku was an ok pick but they panicked at 12 when they saw trubisky wasnt gonna drop. To me peppers is a 3rd round player, but we will see in time. So now that the bears have snagged trubisky, I feel there are no qbs left worth picking.

    As I look at it, we have a few decent "playmakers" left in the draft we could draft, which could include (if they drop to us):

    Joe Mixon

    Smith-Schuster

    Zay Jones

    D'onta Foreman

    Chris Godwin

    Dede Westbrook

    Even Curtis Samuel?

    I also think OL Dan Feeney could be an option, as I believe our FO showed interest in him.

    But getting to the point, would you all be ok with drafting Mixon? He does have potential off the field problems, but obviously Sashi is willing to deal with those as he still is open to trying to bring back pothead Gordon. Ive heard Mixon has 1st round talent, so if we want a playmaker,there he is. Thoughts?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #2

    No Mixon

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Lotta WRs there...

    Like Jones and Godwin a lot, but they'll go today and I'm not willing to pay thprice. My value picks at WR are Taywan Taylor and Robert Davis. But Taywan's added value as a return man was diminished by the Peppers pick and he falls in our pick void. Davis should be there tomorrow when we are back in business.

    Mixon? Just no... I can't go there... and can't imagine this FO going there. Jamaar Williams BYU and Brian Hill (Wyoming) are two high value RBs I like. But as with Taywan and the hole in our draft picks now, I'm not sure we have a shot at either. Saturday? Joe Wilson (Utah) is a possibility, but if we think we resign Crow, then we can stand pat at RB adding a UDFA or two to Camp.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I like Zay jones too, & what about Cooper Cupp?

    Just say NO to Mixon.

    Mike

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #5

    I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.

    At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

    No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

    Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I agree Gip

  • I like Zay jones too, & what about Cooper Cupp?

    Just say NO to Mixon.

    Mike

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #7

    @canton-mike said:

    I like Zay jones too, & what about Cooper Cupp?

    Cupp feels a little.... overblown? overhyped? Again his price, if he goes as expected to go today, seems high... especially after posting a 4.62 at the Combine.

    I do also like Switzer tomorrow... quick, tough lil bugger who could see as our new Hawk.

    But it's Robert Davis that looks to have real, sleeper, steal potential. measurables are off the chart.

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=130263

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #8

    Davis only issue is drops, he fits the brief of what the browns look for in metrics

  • Davis only issue is drops, he fits the brief of what the browns look for in metrics

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @londonbrown said:

    Davis only issue is drops, he fits the brief of what the browns look for in metrics

    Drops? No thanks.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    More defense today. No more wr's except maybe day 3 if Josh Reynolds is there. Staff liked his play in Senior Bowl week. Trade into the 4th to get him with a couple of those 5ths if he is still there.

  • I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.

    At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

    No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

    Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

    H Hoodums19 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.

    At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

    No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

    Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

    Completely agree. I am heavily in favor of bolstering the defense. Ive just read around and it seems many are in an uproar about our "lack of offensive playmakers".

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.

    At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

    No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

    Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

    Completely agree. I am heavily in favor of bolstering the defense. Ive just read around and it seems many are in an uproar about our "lack of offensive playmakers".

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @hoodums19 said:

    Completely agree. I am heavily in favor of bolstering the defense. Ive just read around and it seems many are in an uproar about our "lack of offensive playmakers".

    X factor is still Josh Gordon, like it or not.

  • I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.

    At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

    No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

    Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

    H Hoodums19 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @the-gipper said:

    I am still OK with the RBs we got. If we go for one in round 7, OK, maybe.

    Also was looking back at the extremely early "Draft Talk" post made about 8 months ago. You literally predicted our first two picks in that post. You said something like "Garrett and Peppers would be nice"

    At this point, the Browns biggest hole is QB. And, again, maybe we add a late round guy...but that problem ain't going to be resolved in this draft....unless we find a Tom Brady like miracle player in round 6. Any candidates?

    No. We filled the one other big offensive need: TE. The rest of this draft....to me...should still be all about the defense. We still have needs at CB, FS, OLB, DT.

    Give me some Dawgs at those spots that we can have Williams sic on the other team.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Head case... no thanks

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    also was looking back at the extremely early "Draft Talk" post made about 8 months ago. You literally predicted our first two picks in that post. You said something like "Garrett and Peppers would be nice"

    I don't remember that. Maybe I am prescient and omnipotent?

    I think what I did was simply look at who was rated high at the time, knowing we would likely have the #1 or 2 pick ourselves, and something mid round from the Eagles. Garrett was always rated high. And at the time, Peppers was rated much higher than he was later. He was thought of as a potential Top Ten-15 pick then.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Would be really excited about Mixon or Cook!

  • Would be really excited about Mixon or Cook!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @wargograw said:

    Would be really excited about Mixon or Cook!

    They both be gone by 52

  • @wargograw said:

    Would be really excited about Mixon or Cook!

    They both be gone by 52

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @texasag1969 said:

    They both be gone by 52

    Probably. Dodged a big bullet with Green Bay though.

  • A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Mixon still will be there

  • B beare wrote on last edited by beare
    #20

    mixon kizer davis obi left who should we go?

    update mixon to bengals hopefully he dont burn us twice a year