Kirksey signs a 4 year extension
-
We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.
Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?
We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.
-
We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.
Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?
We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.
We either need one of the other 50 WR we drafted to step up or run the hell out of two tight end sets. Duke can sub in at Reggie Bush type receiving too.We're keeping our young talent, and that's BIG for us. I really hope our front office doesn't get any shit about the Terrell Pryor fiasco because I don't think that was their fault. Pryor leaving completely screwed our offense, and I'd be lying if I said I felt good about our WR's. The way it looks now, Corey Coleman is shaping up to be a Sammy Watkins type. He sure LOOKS like he could be good, but the guy can't stay healthy. Kenny Britt will hopefully be serviceable, but that's about it. Who is our "game breaker"? Coleman? Can he stay on the damn field? Is Britt better than I'm giving him credit for? Can we really depend on David Njoku stepping up as a 20 year-old rookie? Tight ends historically struggle as rookies, and I have to think a YOUNG rookie won't fare TOO much better, right? Hopefully I'm wrong. Njoku sure looks the part, but history tells us TE's take a bit of maturing before they make the leap.
Anyways, back to the point, and that's keeping young talent. Who is next, Crowell? I thought it was smart of him to show up to OTA's, and I think that's the kind of thing that will help him get a deal done. He's perfect for the type of running we want to do, and he's improved as a receiver as well. I'm still not fond of cutting Barnidge, even though I know he's the opposite of what our front office is looking for (slow, older, and sort of expensive). Still...I liked him, and cutting him places a tremendous amount of pressure on Njoku, right?
We have a young nucleus on defense, and that's awesome. I'm really trying to let it go, but I'm STILL pissed about not drafting Malik Hooker. It just seemed SO PERFECT. Ugh. Don't look now, but we have some talent on the front 7, and that could be what gets us back on track.
-
-
-
Not sure why people are surprised the browns are doing this. They told us this was their plan. Gut the roster. Add talent through the draft with draft picks for now and the future. Sign select FA's and then re-sign the young nucleus to the team. Unlike previous regimes, this FO is executing their plan so far. Wins will be the determining factor, but I love what they are doing.
-
It's just so damn refreshing to have a guy we took in the mid-rounds develop and turn into a long-term player. That shit basically never happens I feel like so this is such a breath of fresh air.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login