Skip to content

Draft Diaries - Gerbil Peppers

The Browns Board
45 19 1.5k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
    #1

    I don't remember if this ever got posted when we drafted him, but these are good videos regardless. (Also done with Marshon Lattimore this season if you're interested).

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #2

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #3

    here we go.......

    knew it'd be just a matter of time.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Hey, this is the first Peppers post from me since we drafted him.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #5

    2nd 😉 good videos. but why blame Woody? Blame the board that got put together with Williams properly having something to do with it..Tabor also..Does anybody really care now where Tom Brady played his college ball at?

  • 2nd 😉 good videos. but why blame Woody? Blame the board that got put together with Williams properly having something to do with it..Tabor also..Does anybody really care now where Tom Brady played his college ball at?

    BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @gumby73 said:

    2nd 😉 good videos. but why blame Woody? Blame the board that got put together with Williams properly having something to do with it..Tabor also..Does anybody really care now where Tom Brady played his college ball at?

    +1

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Don't worry Woody. I am glad Sgt. Peppers is on the team. He makes us a way better team.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Peppers needs to get with the other rookie defenders and do a Sgt. Peppers photo. It's the 50th anniversary.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/06/03/sgt-peppers-musical-revolution-howard-goodall-ideal-insight/

  • F FairHooker11 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I thought gerbil was the auto correct?

  • Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    Was looking on Wika the other day at the 2000 Tom Brady draft. Pay close attention to where many Bucks & Wolverines fall..I think your enjoy this trip down memory lane?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I'm still not sure where exactly Peppers is going to be playing. I know we've said SS, but I keep hearing that Gregg Williams is going to play more than 80% nickel, and if that's the way it is, then Peppers could be used in a number of ways. Playing nickel that much means we're playing it against running downs, and not just traditional passing situations. Will Peppers be at the line a lot? Can he cover man on man? Zone?

    I have no clue, and I also don't know how long it will take our staff to sort of "figure out" where and how to play the kid. The biggest areas of Peppers that I like are the athletic ability and his desire to play the game. He really seems like a true "football player", and we've drafted people like Justin Gilbert who had all the ability in the world, but weren't "into the game", and we see how that affects them. Peppers has the speed, the strength, and the outright WILL to be a serious player for us, and I'm hoping we figure his role out sooner than later.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

  • Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @mudfly said:

    Right....I think we'll see Peppers all. over. the. field.

    LB....SS.....FS....KR.....etc etc etc....

    No matter what the set.....we want our best players on the field.....and I think he'll be one of those guys.....

    Well said Mud! Gruden actually called his diversity of roles on Michigan a perfect fit an NFL DC that has to face so many different styles of offense/pass games.

  • Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @flugel said:

    <p>

    Thanks for the videos Woody!

    He comes from the same school that gave our defense a very reliable Thom Darden back in the day. It's a different era but hopefully he can add a similar reliability.

    I know Peppers gets a lot of criticism in here especially when we passed up Malik Hooker/OJ Howard at #12 in order to add a 1st round pick in 2018 and select Peppers at #25 overall. The soph must have had something behind the following honors earned :

    And there are even more awards than that

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by miktoxic
    #16

    Never said didn't like the pick.

    Just reminds me of the JFF fanboys comin in and placing him at the mantle of greatness before he even stepped onto the field. I like peppa, just very careful anymore to acclaim greatness of a player i like and they fizzle like a wet wick.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #17

    yeah, similarities....they were both human beings...

    but they are different people, Pepper isn't a wild alcoholic/druggie/partier/loser and they

    play completely different positions and....

    geez.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #18

    1) No Michigan fans have appeared on our board since we drafted Peppers. I was here before and I'll be here after.

    2) I posted a documentary of his draft process. I never announced him as the savior of the team. You can go back through and read my posts on his skill and what he'll bring. Hell, Gip repeatedly posted that I said he couldn't cover (I didn't).

    3) There were also non Aggie fan Browns fans that slobbed all over Johnny's knob. They should be lumped in their too.

    4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #19

    Speaking of the Devil, I was walking in downtown Estes Park, Colo. this afternoon and came across this right on the main street.

    http://www.visitestespark.com/listings/sgt-peppers-music-%26-video/968/

  • 1) No Michigan fans have appeared on our board since we drafted Peppers. I was here before and I'll be here after.

    2) I posted a documentary of his draft process. I never announced him as the savior of the team. You can go back through and read my posts on his skill and what he'll bring. Hell, Gip repeatedly posted that I said he couldn't cover (I didn't).

    3) There were also non Aggie fan Browns fans that slobbed all over Johnny's knob. They should be lumped in their too.

    4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mld-woody said:

    4) The fact we didn't draft Hooker is going to make the OSU fans on our board salty for a while I imagine.

    Got to admit I was losing it till the 1st rounder next year was announced. A wHole lot better after Peppers was still there at 25. than went to ecstatic when Njoku was announced. Lattimore got played by a Hooker. Hooker's got'a a shoulder issue that may not fair well for a safety. Peppers has got far to many doors that could open on the field over 1 shutdown CB or S. Just getting this one right would be really nice..