Skip to content

Browns Trade Cam Erving to KC for 5th Round Pick

The Browns Board
77 32 2.2k
  • @londonbrown said:

    I'm also trying to shag Margot Robbie, both these scenarios have about the same chance of success. 

    Best of luck to the both of ya.  

    Robbie was deadly hot in that DiCaprio Wall Street flick.  Ridiculous.

    EDIT: 😆 Nice post, Tour.

    lmao...

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    EDIT: 😆 Nice post, Tour.

    Back  at ya... even made me overlook that Brooklyn accent...

    @runyon27 said:

    If your team is in dire need of O-line help you might have Erving a look just due to his versatility.

    Versatility? As in sucks equally at 5 different positions? 😮

  • Hey, maybe we can get a 1st for him like we did Trent. Oh wait, Grigson works for US now!! Scratch that idea.  🙄

    Mike

  • Have we ever had a first round draft pick this bad? Excluding QBs

  • Have we ever had a first round draft pick this bad? Excluding QBs

    @comeonman said:

    Have we ever had a first round draft pick this bad? Excluding QBs

    Quite a few come to mind, I'd put Mike Junkin at the top of the list, Clifford Charlton. Recently Barky Mingo and Gilbert.  

    Here's the list- plenty of suckage there.  

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_first-round_draft_picks

  • @comeonman said:

    Have we ever had a first round draft pick this bad? Excluding QBs

    Quite a few come to mind, I'd put Mike Junkin at the top of the list, Clifford Charlton. Recently Barky Mingo and Gilbert.  

    Here's the list- plenty of suckage there.  

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_first-round_draft_picks

    @hoorta said:

    Quite a few come to mind, I'd put Mike Junkin at the top of the list, Clifford Charlton. Recently Barky Mingo and Gilbert.  

    Here's the list- plenty of suckage there.  

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cleveland_Browns_first-round_draft_picks

    I agree. Since '99, Justin Gilbert was on par with Erving. Considering Gilbert was a much higher pick, he was even a worse pick. Mingo was slightly better. Slightly.

  • I'm 70 years old, a lifetime Browns' Fan, & Gilbert is the worst I've seen. Maybe that's largely due to the internet & social media, but that should also help provide more "pre-draft" knowledge.

    Mike

  • "One Man's Gabage is another Man's Treasure"

    The Bucaneers will take him and reunite him with Jameis. I doubt this but would be nice if we had drafted Ali Marpet in the second round

    @opal312 said:

    .. would be nice if we had drafted Ali Marpet in the second round

    Salt in my still open wound...

    @comeonman said:

    Have we ever had a first round draft pick this bad? Excluding QBs

    I can't exclude QBs with this flashing before my eyes every time I blink...

    14878.png&w=350&h=254

  • It boggles the mind regarding how lousy we've been at drafting in the 1st round.

    We acquire two first round picks and phuck 'em both up.  

    Having stated that, it cannot boggle the mind as to why we suck so bad.....because the one begets the other.

  • It boggles the mind regarding how lousy we've been at drafting in the 1st round.

    We acquire two first round picks and phuck 'em both up.  

    Having stated that, it cannot boggle the mind as to why we suck so bad.....because the one begets the other.

    @orion said:

    It boggles the mind regarding how lousy we've been at drafting in the 1st round.

    We acquire two first round picks and phuck 'em both up.  

    Having stated that, it cannot boggle the mind as to why we suck so bad.....because the one begets the other.

    Not only that- but we did it twice, notwithstanding we got a first back in the Richardson trade, and then screwed the pooch on Manziel with that pick. 

  • Manziel's name getting called after the words: "And with the 22nd pick in Round 1, the Cleveland Browns select..." confirmed to me that there is either no god or if there is one, he's a prick.

  • They're going to bury you face down so that you don't get lost Dutch. 🙂

  • I remember Charles White, what a bust. He left school for the draft while Marcus Allen took his job. 

  • People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

  • The good news is that so far it seems like they've nailed this draft,  and have the most promising qb they've had in ages.  

    Njoku isn't looking great,  but most are.  

  • And I wanted Foster instead of a TE. Still think it was a better pick and would have sealed this as a really great D.

  • People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

    So now we have Dak and Reuben...

    @clevfan4life said:

    People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

    May have made you think... not me. That pick had WASTED written all over it from the get-go. Wheezy was never going to be "the one".

    @dutch-oven said:

    Manziel's name getting called after the words: "And with the 22nd pick in Round 1, the Cleveland Browns select...

    Did not take that long for me... as soon as I heard we'd traded up I said, "Oh, fuck."

    Hurt double that to that point we'd resisted the JFF urge... plus my darkhorse, AJ McC, was going to still be there thru Day 2 and into Day 3.

    Hurt triple that we had a flood of "new Browns fans" hit the site... but it did give us Ag and war... so there's that...

  • People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

    @clevfan4life said:

    People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

    Good point. It's the old story quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame.

    I think both of those guys could have been a lot better in a different situation but I haven't seen any flashes from Cameron Erving. Too bad shit happens.

    WSS

  • @clevfan4life said:

    People want to bring up wheedon and manziel but remember both had good games, wheedon had a few very good games which made us think we might have sonething. Did erving ever ay a fame where he wasnt the lowest graded ol on the team?

    Good point. It's the old story quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame.

    I think both of those guys could have been a lot better in a different situation but I haven't seen any flashes from Cameron Erving. Too bad shit happens.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Good point. It's the old story quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame.

    I think both of those guys could have been a lot better in a different situation but I haven't seen any flashes from Cameron Erving. Too bad shit happens.

    WSS

    Weeden HAS been in different situations....and has performed no better at all really.  He has been with both Dallas and Houston.

    JFF?  The different situation he needs to go to is Canada.  He will never get another shot, imo, unless he can prove he can perform in a system like what they run up there....and of course if he can prove that he has cleaned up his act and matured. At least a 3 year stint up there is what he would need. 

  • I don't think any quarterback can thrive on the consensus shittiest team in the league.

    Hopefully the entire project will improve this year and will give whoever is under Center a better chance. We shall see.

    WSS

  • I don't think any quarterback can thrive on the consensus shittiest team in the league.

    Hopefully the entire project will improve this year and will give whoever is under Center a better chance. We shall see.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I don't think any quarterback can thrive on the consensus shittiest team in the league.

    Hopefully the entire project will improve this year and will give whoever is under Center a better chance. We shall see.

    WSS

    If you are talking about the Browns.....one of the BIG reasons they may have earned the "consensus shittiest team in the league" title...is because these QB's were so shitty.  Many times if they had been better, then maybe the Browns would have been better.