2018 QB Draft Class
-
-
Darnold didn't look good at all. He's allowed to have a bad game, and I don't hold it against him, but that defense he faced wasn't supposed to be elite, was it? Darnold is young and needs another year, but there's no denying his talent. To be honest, I'm not following the QB class because I think we have our guy, and that's the first time I've EVER SAID THAT. Just remember Peyton Manning's rookie year, ok? He had a metric crap-ton of INTs. Like...32 or something (too lazy to look up). So I'm trying as hard as I can to be patient, and I hope everyone else is too. Please note I'm NOT saying Kizer will be Manning...just giving some comparison info.Â
And let's be freaking honest here, Kizer wasn't exactly gifted with a premier roster chocked full of weapons, ok? Yes his accuracy is suspect. Yes he holds the ball. Yes there are concerns, but I really believe he will be the guy for 10+ years, and that's exactly what the doctor ordered.Â
Next year we'll do everything possible to upgrade our WRs, I just know it. We'll get the available Maclin in free agency, we'll draft a guy early, we'll do whatever possible to help Kizer out because I honestly believe both Hue and the front office know that Kizer can be THE GUY. I don't think we'll need to draft a QB early, or at all. Think about what that means for our 2018 draft. Two 1st rounders AND THREE second rounders we can use to increase the talent level of our squad. Yes, everything depends on Kizer making progress and obviously staying healthy this season, but it feels like it's TIME for us.Â
-
Darnold didn't look good at all. He's allowed to have a bad game, and I don't hold it against him, but that defense he faced wasn't supposed to be elite, was it? Darnold is young and needs another year, but there's no denying his talent. To be honest, I'm not following the QB class because I think we have our guy, and that's the first time I've EVER SAID THAT. Just remember Peyton Manning's rookie year, ok? He had a metric crap-ton of INTs. Like...32 or something (too lazy to look up). So I'm trying as hard as I can to be patient, and I hope everyone else is too. Please note I'm NOT saying Kizer will be Manning...just giving some comparison info.Â
And let's be freaking honest here, Kizer wasn't exactly gifted with a premier roster chocked full of weapons, ok? Yes his accuracy is suspect. Yes he holds the ball. Yes there are concerns, but I really believe he will be the guy for 10+ years, and that's exactly what the doctor ordered.Â
Next year we'll do everything possible to upgrade our WRs, I just know it. We'll get the available Maclin in free agency, we'll draft a guy early, we'll do whatever possible to help Kizer out because I honestly believe both Hue and the front office know that Kizer can be THE GUY. I don't think we'll need to draft a QB early, or at all. Think about what that means for our 2018 draft. Two 1st rounders AND THREE second rounders we can use to increase the talent level of our squad. Yes, everything depends on Kizer making progress and obviously staying healthy this season, but it feels like it's TIME for us.Â
Darnold didn't look good at all.
No... he did not... and really hasn't looked good this year. One WaU proviso... must be the noisiest place this side of Seattle. The WaU QB on the other hand looked decent. First I've seen of him. Not a darkhorse candidate (yet), but decent and was getting NFL mentions from the broadcasters.
ASIDE: The "targeting" review system in the NCAA is really working.
Speaking of darkhorses... saw only a little of my latest MsSU crush (not good @ Auburn) and UVA leading contender was in a BYE-week.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login