Skip to content

Has the Browns inability to win over 2 decades cause you to lose interest?

The Browns Board
88 38 2.3k
  • D Dawgs89 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    Where is the hope? Who are the game changers opposing D's gameplan around? How do they plan to compete in a division with AJ Green, Brown? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Noted exceptions are Houston with Watt/Clowney and Denver with Miller & the No Fly Zone DB's. The fans there love that more than their offenses. I love fans that go nuts over great defensive play that sets up half their scoring. The Browns have the potential to develop that too. It would  be a shot in the arm for the Dog Pound which I think would just eat it up just as much as either of those two fan bases.

    What did Houston do?  They traded for a QB.  (and, of course, we gave them one)

    What is Denver trying to do?  Find a QB to make for a productive offense.

    Why are they doing that?  Because defense alone will not get you where you need to go.  

    ...and probably starting this week, our Dog Pound (Dawg Pound) will be predominately comprised of other team's jerseys.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @orion said:

    What did Houston do?  They traded for a QB.  (and, of course, we gave them one)

    What is Denver trying to do?  Find a QB to make for a productive offense.

    Why are they doing that?  Because defense alone will not get you where you need to go.  

    ...and probably starting this week, our Dog Pound (Dawg Pound) will be predominately comprised of other team's jerseys.

    Ah, but having everything else... D, WRs, RB, OL... does lower the QB threshold...

    @orion said:

    ----------- now see what you made me do?  My 1000th post is a crappy, sarcastic, no value added post.

    Well it's about time...

    @miktoxic said:

    1. yeah, i couldn't last a week without exploding....
    2. thank god i didn't make those TENACIOUS DEFENSE shirts cuz you'd all be laughed out of town.
    1. That's what she said...
    2. Isn't "Tenacious D" a rapper?

    Welcome, back bro...

  • @orion said:

    What did Houston do?  They traded for a QB.  (and, of course, we gave them one)

    What is Denver trying to do?  Find a QB to make for a productive offense.

    Why are they doing that?  Because defense alone will not get you where you need to go.  

    ...and probably starting this week, our Dog Pound (Dawg Pound) will be predominately comprised of other team's jerseys.

    Ah, but having everything else... D, WRs, RB, OL... does lower the QB threshold...

    @orion said:

    ----------- now see what you made me do?  My 1000th post is a crappy, sarcastic, no value added post.

    Well it's about time...

    @miktoxic said:

    1. yeah, i couldn't last a week without exploding....
    2. thank god i didn't make those TENACIOUS DEFENSE shirts cuz you'd all be laughed out of town.
    1. That's what she said...
    2. Isn't "Tenacious D" a rapper?

    Welcome, back bro...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @tour2ma said:

    Ah, but having everything else... D, WRs, RB, OL... does lower the QB threshold...

    Well it's about time...

    1. That's what she said...
    2. Isn't "Tenacious D" a rapper?

    Welcome, back bro...

    Yeah da' BROWNS straight outta Cleveland 😆

  • @miktoxic said:

    i did have it deleted but missed you sooooo much i had to come back to slap you all back down to earth and say 'i told you so!'

    You and your deeply-held principles came back to the board to tell Browns fans that the Browns suck is as earth-shattering news as you telling us the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and water is wet.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @dutch-oven said:

    You and your deeply-held principles came back to the board to tell Browns fans that the Browns suck is as earth-shattering news as you telling us the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and water is wet.

    Oooooh. No Xmas cookies for you 薄 弱!!

    Mr.smell his and other male butt under covers.

    AIIYYAIIYAII!!!

    Confucious say a man's face that smell like hairy wet man butt is a Dutch Oven. Hee hee hee.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The problem is that I don't think that the talent on this team is overall that bad.   It just cannot perform well at all.

    yeah, i couldn't last a week without exploding....

    Talent? What talent? i've pretty much watched 15 mins of the nfl since the anthem boycott. but the highlights i see of the browns are of the other team's wrs running through our defense like a hot knife thru butter and players either not fast enough to catch and tackle the guy or they just give up.

    thank god i didn't make those TENACIOUS DEFENSE shirts cuz you'd all be laughed out of town.

    and btw gipper why don't you just change your username to the yapper?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #85

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah, i couldn't last a week without exploding....

    Talent? What talent? i've pretty much watched 15 mins of the nfl since the anthem boycott. but the highlights i see of the browns are of the other team's wrs running through our defense like a hot knife thru butter and players either not fast enough to catch and tackle the guy or they just give up.

    thank god i didn't make those TENACIOUS DEFENSE shirts cuz you'd all be laughed out of town.

    and btw gipper why don't you just change your username to the yapper?

    I said that the overall talent isn't that good.  I think there may be some serious deficiencies in certain areas, and the DB and WR spots primarily.

    And I will change my name to the yapper when you change yours to the "Sleepy Hollow knob Gobbler."

  • @lodilobo said:

    I've had many years to ponder why this team can be so bad for so long. We change the players constantly, the coaches every couple years, and even the owners. The team still looks about the same, no matter what. This defies logic, and has now put me in a state of mind, where I really don't give a crap anymore. I've gone from listening to the 1964 championship game on a 3 transistor radio, with an earphone, to this, in 53 years. I hate Sashi Brown, and Hue Jackson. I hate Paul Brown, because I've now I've become so demented, I'm pretty sure he put a permanent curse on the Browns when he died. This team has turned me into one crabby old bastard. I hope Haslam fires all their asses, and continues with the Groundhog Day process. Has there ever been another NFL coach with a 1 - 19 record to start? All you morons who call me a fair weather fan can go screw yourselves. 

    If the Browns get a new owner I wouldn't be disappointed either. I thought at first the Browns had gotten a good owner in Haslam over the incompetent Randy Lerner but Haslam has been more of the same if not worse. Too bad because I really thought Haslam bought the team committed to winning and turning things around.

    M Marc1971 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    If the Browns get a new owner I wouldn't be disappointed either. I thought at first the Browns had gotten a good owner in Haslam over the incompetent Randy Lerner but Haslam has been more of the same if not worse. Too bad because I really thought Haslam bought the team committed to winning and turning things around.

    Only two problems with Haslam, a minor one (he's a crook) and a major one (he's a Steelers fan).

  • @miktoxic said:

    yeah, i couldn't last a week without exploding....

    Talent? What talent? i've pretty much watched 15 mins of the nfl since the anthem boycott. but the highlights i see of the browns are of the other team's wrs running through our defense like a hot knife thru butter and players either not fast enough to catch and tackle the guy or they just give up.

    thank god i didn't make those TENACIOUS DEFENSE shirts cuz you'd all be laughed out of town.

    and btw gipper why don't you just change your username to the yapper?

    I said that the overall talent isn't that good.  I think there may be some serious deficiencies in certain areas, and the DB and WR spots primarily.

    And I will change my name to the yapper when you change yours to the "Sleepy Hollow knob Gobbler."

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @the-gipper said:

    I said that the overall talent isn't that good.  I think there may be some serious deficiencies in certain areas, and the DB and WR spots primarily.

    And I will change my name to the yapper when you change yours to the "Sleepy Hollow knob Gobbler."

    well played squire.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I said that the overall talent isn't that good.  I think there may be some serious deficiencies in certain areas, and the DB and WR spots primarily.

    And I will change my name to the yapper when you change yours to the "Sleepy Hollow knob Gobbler."

    well played squire.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @miktoxic said:

    well played squire.

    Well it is Halloween month.😆