1st time in Cleveland
-
I wanted to follow up on our first time in Cleveland. WE WILL BE BACK! We've been all over the country and numerous Caribbean islands, this was one of our best trips. The hospitality of the Clevelanders was second to none. Everybody was extremely nice and helpful. We really enjoyed downtown, 4th street was a lot of fun. Westside market had some of the best produce we've every seen, and a portion of the cost. The Cavs games was amazing and our hotel couldn't be beat. The Jags stayed there and we joked about pulling fire alarms all night to possibly help the Browns. We didn't get around early enough to tailgate on sunday due to early checkout, but the Dawg Pound was awesome and even my 12 year old daughter is now a Browns fan. Fans mentioned coming back in the summer and visiting the islands on Lake Erie and we are going to check it out and for sure be to at least 1 Browns game each year going forward. You are all very fortunate for what you have, look out once the Browns turn the corner!
As a side note, being a big 12 fan, I'm hoping they stay away from Mayfield. Reminds me a lot of Johhny... Kizer may come around, but the 4 turnovers really killed them.
I wanted to follow up on our first time in Cleveland. WE WILL BE BACK! We've been all over the country and numerous Caribbean islands, this was one of our best trips. The hospitality of the Clevelanders was second to none. Everybody was extremely nice and helpful. We really enjoyed downtown, 4th street was a lot of fun. Westside market had some of the best produce we've every seen, and a portion of the cost. The Cavs games was amazing and our hotel couldn't be beat. The Jags stayed there and we joked about pulling fire alarms all night to possibly help the Browns. We didn't get around early enough to tailgate on sunday due to early checkout, but the Dawg Pound was awesome and even my 12 year old daughter is now a Browns fan. Fans mentioned coming back in the summer and visiting the islands on Lake Erie and we are going to check it out and for sure be to at least 1 Browns game each year going forward. You are all very fortunate for what you have, look out once the Browns turn the corner!
As a side note, being a big 12 fan, I'm hoping they stay away from Mayfield. Reminds me a lot of Johhny... Kizer may come around, but the 4 turnovers really killed them.
Getting ready to book our trip for the Chiefs game in November and saw my post from last year. I am now rooting for Baker!
-
I wanted to follow up on our first time in Cleveland. WE WILL BE BACK! We've been all over the country and numerous Caribbean islands, this was one of our best trips. The hospitality of the Clevelanders was second to none. Everybody was extremely nice and helpful. We really enjoyed downtown, 4th street was a lot of fun. Westside market had some of the best produce we've every seen, and a portion of the cost. The Cavs games was amazing and our hotel couldn't be beat. The Jags stayed there and we joked about pulling fire alarms all night to possibly help the Browns. We didn't get around early enough to tailgate on sunday due to early checkout, but the Dawg Pound was awesome and even my 12 year old daughter is now a Browns fan. Fans mentioned coming back in the summer and visiting the islands on Lake Erie and we are going to check it out and for sure be to at least 1 Browns game each year going forward. You are all very fortunate for what you have, look out once the Browns turn the corner!
As a side note, being a big 12 fan, I'm hoping they stay away from Mayfield. Reminds me a lot of Johhny... Kizer may come around, but the 4 turnovers really killed them.
Getting ready to book our trip for the Chiefs game in November and saw my post from last year. I am now rooting for Baker!
-
It's just me, but I way prefer sideline to end zone- there's a reason sideline costs more. Row 2 in the 500 level is nice. Especially in 508, you're darn near on the 50. Plus, the 100 level Dawg pound is bench seating, (a carryover from the old stadium) everything else in the stadium is real seats.
Sorry for all the questions, I found some good seats in the upper level I am leaning towards. Is the dawg pound a great experience? I've always wanted to watch a game there and am having a hard time going away from it. I thought about buying 1 in the pound and watching half there and half with my family?
Sorry for all the questions, I found some good seats in the upper level I am leaning towards. Is the dawg pound a great experience? I've always wanted to watch a game there and am having a hard time going away from it. I thought about buying 1 in the pound and watching half there and half with my family?
You'll have a great time in Cleveland. If you stay by the airport, you have the rapid transit (like many mentioned) to get you downtown. Check out Fatheads restaurant in North Olmsted, probably a $5 Uber ride from the Hilton. Great local brews and food there. You'd also be very close to the Browns training facility in Berea, and right downtown ib Berea are some great eateries like Mike's Bar and Grille or the Cornerstone. Tony Ks on West Bagley in Berea is a great place to catch any college games on TV...many TVs and good service. You've got some of Cleveland's best pizza joints on the west side in Antonio's (Parmatown) or Angelo's (Lakewood).
No shame in staying downtown either. You could walk to many of the prime tailgates in the flats, or the West 4th Tailgate crew (on Facebook).
Iowa State...we had Seneca Wallace for a couple seasons. Go Cyclones. Welcome to Cle in advance. Woof
Oops...didn't look at your original post date. Haha, I'm late to the party.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login