Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
167 41 5.7k
  • Here is the next name you'll hear about in the next few years Josh Allen.  He won't be the Browns QB but will lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl win in 2020.  The Browns will trade their 2018 first round draft pick for two draft picks in 2019 and a player to be named later to the Steelers who will snap up Josh Allen in the 2018 draft.  And since I'm in predication mode the Browns will go 3-13 in 2018 and rebound to 6-10 in 2019 and sorry that's as good as the Browns will get.  In 2020, the year that Josh Allen takes the Steelers to the Super Bowl, the Browns will regress to 4-12.  These can be seen as improvements as compared to the last two seasons but the Browns will still be a bottom dweller. 

    As far as Kizer goes; I vote on playing him no matter how many interceptions he throws.  Keep him in until he quits or is injured, whichever comes first.  For all practical purposes the season is over for the Browns.  I really really wish they can pull out a miracle and win their remaining 9 games but realistically they are destine for 0-16.  Its tough being optimistic and be a Browns fan.   

    @hunter33109 said:

    Here is the next name you'll hear about in the next few years Josh Allen.  He won't be the Browns QB but will lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl win in 2020.  The Browns will trade their 2018 first round draft pick for two draft picks in 2019 and a player to be named later to the Steelers who will snap up Josh Allen in the 2018 draft.  And since I'm in predication mode the Browns will go 3-13 in 2018 and rebound to 6-10 in 2019 and sorry that's as good as the Browns will get.  In 2020, the year that Josh Allen takes the Steelers to the Super Bowl, the Browns will regress to 4-12.  These can be seen as improvements as compared to the last two seasons but the Browns will still be a bottom dweller. 

    As far as Kizer goes; I vote on playing him no matter how many interceptions he throws.  Keep him in until he quits or is injured, whichever comes first.  For all practical purposes the season is over for the Browns.  I really really wish they can pull out a miracle and win their remaining 9 games but realistically they are destine for 0-16.  Its tough being optimistic and be a Browns fan.   

    Ha- Browns will likely be drafting #1 overall in 2018- again.  🙁  It will be the best qb on their board. 

    Now if you notice my interests- there's a lot of mountains in Wyoming. Love the state, and I've been through Laramie many times, and stopped at the UW campus. So, I have more than a ha- passing interest in Allen. Already have the upcoming game on ESPNU set to record. He had a BAD game against Boise State. Understand the hype, but I need to see a lot more before the Browns pull the trigger (ha again) drafting him. 

  • I saw Josh Allen play twice this year.  There is no doubt he needs some work but he has the core skills to be a pro starting QB.  His arm is very impressive both in distance and control (in the Oregon game he threw the ball about 60 yards in the air only to have the receiver drop it after it hit him in the chest) .  He is big and strong but will need help with reads and dealing with the NFL speed.  What he lacks is a premier school and supporting cast.  The Browns will not draft Josh Allen just like they passed on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson.  There will be another QB in the draft that will have better stats and go to a better school that the Browns will draft.  I wish I could explain this but I guess the Browns are simply an expansion team stuck in a rut.  I don't know that just by changing QBs the team will win.  The supporting cast is important along with a game plan that exploits each athlete's skill set...what's this called?  Oh a team.  Yes we need a QB that is a leader as well as talented but we need receivers that catch, blockers that block and open holes for the RB's and a defense that stops the other team.  Trust me I know its more complex than this, but couple that with a coaching staff and a game plan and you have a team.  So if this is the 30,000 foot view, what are the Browns missing?       

  • I saw Josh Allen play twice this year.  There is no doubt he needs some work but he has the core skills to be a pro starting QB.  His arm is very impressive both in distance and control (in the Oregon game he threw the ball about 60 yards in the air only to have the receiver drop it after it hit him in the chest) .  He is big and strong but will need help with reads and dealing with the NFL speed.  What he lacks is a premier school and supporting cast.  The Browns will not draft Josh Allen just like they passed on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson.  There will be another QB in the draft that will have better stats and go to a better school that the Browns will draft.  I wish I could explain this but I guess the Browns are simply an expansion team stuck in a rut.  I don't know that just by changing QBs the team will win.  The supporting cast is important along with a game plan that exploits each athlete's skill set...what's this called?  Oh a team.  Yes we need a QB that is a leader as well as talented but we need receivers that catch, blockers that block and open holes for the RB's and a defense that stops the other team.  Trust me I know its more complex than this, but couple that with a coaching staff and a game plan and you have a team.  So if this is the 30,000 foot view, what are the Browns missing?       

    @hunter33109 said:

    He is big and strong but will need help with reads and dealing with the NFL speed.  What he lacks is a premier school and supporting cast.

    Sounds like Kizer...

  • Oh I forgot Josh Allen is accurate...I guess the same as Kizer under 5 yards.

  • I saw Josh Allen play twice this year.  There is no doubt he needs some work but he has the core skills to be a pro starting QB.  His arm is very impressive both in distance and control (in the Oregon game he threw the ball about 60 yards in the air only to have the receiver drop it after it hit him in the chest) .  He is big and strong but will need help with reads and dealing with the NFL speed.  What he lacks is a premier school and supporting cast.  The Browns will not draft Josh Allen just like they passed on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson.  There will be another QB in the draft that will have better stats and go to a better school that the Browns will draft.  I wish I could explain this but I guess the Browns are simply an expansion team stuck in a rut.  I don't know that just by changing QBs the team will win.  The supporting cast is important along with a game plan that exploits each athlete's skill set...what's this called?  Oh a team.  Yes we need a QB that is a leader as well as talented but we need receivers that catch, blockers that block and open holes for the RB's and a defense that stops the other team.  Trust me I know its more complex than this, but couple that with a coaching staff and a game plan and you have a team.  So if this is the 30,000 foot view, what are the Browns missing?       

    @hunter33109 said:

    I saw Josh Allen play twice this year.  There is no doubt he needs some work but he has the core skills to be a pro starting QB.  His arm is very impressive both in distance and control (in the Oregon game he threw the ball about 60 yards in the air only to have the receiver drop it after it hit him in the chest) .  He is big and strong but will need help with reads and dealing with the NFL speed.  What he lacks is a premier school and supporting cast.  The Browns will not draft Josh Allen just like they passed on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson.  There will be another QB in the draft that will have better stats and go to a better school that the Browns will draft.  I wish I could explain this but I guess the Browns are simply an expansion team stuck in a rut.  I don't know that just by changing QBs the team will win.  The supporting cast is important along with a game plan that exploits each athlete's skill set...what's this called?  Oh a team.  Yes we need a QB that is a leader as well as talented but we need receivers that catch, blockers that block and open holes for the RB's and a defense that stops the other team.  Trust me I know its more complex than this, but couple that with a coaching staff and a game plan and you have a team.  So if this is the 30,000 foot view, what are the Browns missing?       

    A beer says he never sees the field as more than a backup unless someone is forced to play him. I am totally not impressed with what I have seen in 2 games. So that means the Browns take him #1 overall to add to the T-shirt of shame.

  • Another vote against the next Ben Roethlisburger.  May be The Browns will go for another big school player from Southern Cal or Florida and transplant them into NE Ohio with its warm weather all year around, seems like much of the same logic that got the Browns to where they are today.   

  • Another vote against the next Ben Roethlisburger.  May be The Browns will go for another big school player from Southern Cal or Florida and transplant them into NE Ohio with its warm weather all year around, seems like much of the same logic that got the Browns to where they are today.   

    @hunter33109 said:

    Another vote against the next Ben Roethlisburger.  May be The Browns will go for another big school player from Southern Cal or Florida and transplant them into NE Ohio with its warm weather all year around, seems like much of the same logic that got the Browns to where they are today.   

    Sorry, Ben was able to grasp the concept of progressions.        You're making the wrong comparison here.