You Decide Week 8
-
-
Watch this motherShmucking video you Hogan haters and tell me that you don't want him leading this YOUNG team. For the youngest team in the league Hogan is just what they need. Most of these guys are fresh out of college. Give them a tremendous college football player/leader in Hogan and watch these young guys thrive.
-
Kevin Hogan will be lucky to get a full season's worth of NFL starts for his entire career.
Write it down, chisel it into granite, spray paint on the Superior Bridge.
-
Yeah I don't get the Hogan hate. It's odd to me. It's only fair to start Kessler but I would also like to see Hogan get another shot. Kizer....... no more shots. Maybe next year he can have one. He sucks. Check the stats. I don't care how big or strong his arm is. HE SUCKS AND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN IN HIS 6 STARTS.
-
I don't think this question is easy to answer now that Joe is gone. If Joe is playing, then I say Kessler should definitely start. But since he's not playing, it would be a VERY long day for Kessler in the pocket. You remember how bad it was for Kessler last year when Joe WAS playing? Teams will simply blitz the crap out of us, and Kessler will go down with another concussion. Just look at overtime Sunday. Now granted, not every team will have Orakpo, but we literally couldn't get A YARD in overtime. We couldn't even snap the ball without getting our butts blown apart. What do you think is going to happen this week? Receivers won't get open, Cody won't have time, and he'll just fall down in a crumpled mass whenever someone breaths on him. For crying out loud, Cody got sacked when a defender grabbed his foot. He's GOT to break out of that.
Oddly enough, Kessler had some decent numbers against the blitz. But I think this is slightly skewed because teams basically blitzed him EVERY down. Blitz, blitz, blitz. But now there's no Pryor to throw to. No down the field match up to win. No safety outlet (Reminds me of the Justice League trailer. "There are no Lanterns. No Protectors. No Kryptonium. This quarterback will fall...like all the others.")
Anyways, I think I want Kessler to start, but I also remember how I thought Hogan could come in and provide a semi stable presence and move the ball without making terrible decisions. So that's what I'm afraid of now. We bench Kizer (again) and Cody comes in and stinks up the joint, then I guess we go BACK to Kizer? I mean...that doesn't sound particularly awesome.
The one thing I can tell you is that Kessler is accurate. Yes he threw a bad ball that got picked, but he was trying to make a damn play. Heck, Cody's best throw while under pressure was dropped by Britt and it wasn't close to being caught. Would've been a huge gainer too. Maybe Kessler can get the ball to Duke consistently. Use the middle of the field a bit more. We also need to get the ball to Higgins more. He's made a couple catches this year and gotten extra yards by making nice moves after the catch. I want more of that. Of course, Kizer missed Higgins by 10 feet for what should've been the play of the game, but I digress.
Start Kessler.
-
Don't let this distract you from the fact that the Cleveland Browns traded the 2016 2nd Overall pick to the Philadelphia Eagles, who drafted Carson Wentz..
Wentz, now in his 2nd season has 17TDs on only 7 games, meanwhile.. The Browns have gone through 5 QBs in 2 seasons..Should of drafted Wentz..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
