Skip to content

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

The Browns Board
383 44 9.2k 1
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    I think he might be confusing two sides of the discussion. I think it would be horrible to blow everything up and start over. Even if some of these second-rate players that Sashi brown or his unnamed staff picked have some usable Talent a new regime for undoubtedly one to wipe the Slate clean and favor of their own guy. And if they have 24 months probably not going to be much to get excited over.

    But it's still Fair to be critical of the Monumental level of failure. I've personally never thought this baseball system is going to kick butt in football even though yes, everybody does it to some extent.

    I think you sunshine boys are being a little bit silly when you get mad every time somebody points out the excellent players we passed on or the serviceable players we dumped.

    WSS

  • Drennan must be a smart man... 😉

    What it comes down to for me about changing horses now is to have endured this much pain and, by my eyes, be so close to seeing our fortunes turn is just unfathomable. If any aspiring GM in any organization is not licking their lips to come into this situation and "rescue" our beloved franchise, then they are truly unworthy of rising to that position. Almost literally anyone with a pulse can sit in Sashi's chair and be a hero in 2018... even if they take Mayfield. 😉 And by the time they wreck things again, their name will be made.

    I know many here don't/can't see what I see. And it's not a necessarily a matter of football knowledge... or business experience (although that is what I lean heavily upon)... as we discussed the other day, it's at least as much a matter of distance from NE Ohio media. But I see us being so damn close to the success... it's not a matter of changing mid-stream, we're 2/3rds of the way across.

    @d-bone said:

    More warm and fuzziness resulting from The Process:

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/nfl_draft_2018_what_could_the.html

    I honestly don't see how an article documenting 6 years of futility reflects on The Process.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Drennan must be a smart man... 😉

    What it comes down to for me about changing horses now is to have endured this much pain and, by my eyes, be so close to seeing our fortunes turn is just unfathomable. If any aspiring GM in any organization is not licking their lips to come into this situation and "rescue" our beloved franchise, then they are truly unworthy of rising to that position. Almost literally anyone with a pulse can sit in Sashi's chair and be a hero in 2018... even if they take Mayfield. 😉 And by the time they wreck things again, their name will be made.

    I know many here don't/can't see what I see. And it's not a necessarily a matter of football knowledge... or business experience (although that is what I lean heavily upon)... as we discussed the other day, it's at least as much a matter of distance from NE Ohio media. But I see us being so damn close to the success... it's not a matter of changing mid-stream, we're 2/3rds of the way across.

    I honestly don't see how an article documenting 6 years of futility reflects on The Process.

    The media? I do recall when the media was very instrumental in keeping the colors and franchise here when model pulled his crap. Aside from a couple of seasons, there hasn't been much good to report on from Berea. I think there will be changes made. Wholesale? I doubt it.  But then again, the mood around here, you could guillotine the FO at halftime and it would fill the stadium. 

  • Drennan must be a smart man... 😉

    What it comes down to for me about changing horses now is to have endured this much pain and, by my eyes, be so close to seeing our fortunes turn is just unfathomable. If any aspiring GM in any organization is not licking their lips to come into this situation and "rescue" our beloved franchise, then they are truly unworthy of rising to that position. Almost literally anyone with a pulse can sit in Sashi's chair and be a hero in 2018... even if they take Mayfield. 😉 And by the time they wreck things again, their name will be made.

    I know many here don't/can't see what I see. And it's not a necessarily a matter of football knowledge... or business experience (although that is what I lean heavily upon)... as we discussed the other day, it's at least as much a matter of distance from NE Ohio media. But I see us being so damn close to the success... it's not a matter of changing mid-stream, we're 2/3rds of the way across.

    @d-bone said:

    More warm and fuzziness resulting from The Process:

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/nfl_draft_2018_what_could_the.html

    I honestly don't see how an article documenting 6 years of futility reflects on The Process.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @tour2ma said:

    I honestly don't see how an article documenting 6 years of futility reflects on The Process.

    Uh oh, the first step is italicizing "The Process" and once total disillusionment sets in.... then comes the <pink> font.