Skip to content

Article on trade deadline fiasco

The Browns Board
26 11 721
  • @londonbrown said:

    What agenda do I have? 

    I say give the FO some time because they’ve done some good things. And give my reasoning for it

    Your opinion seems to be keep Hue because Sashi is a lawyer. Real insight that bacon. 

    If you want to keep him then why post the garbage in the OP? Do you think it helps your cause?

    @wargograw said:

    If you want to keep him then why post the garbage in the OP? Do you think it helps your cause?

    My cause? Whether I want to keep him or not is irrelevant to anything the Browns are going to do. I doubt Jimmy comes on here much for advice. 

    I thought it was an interesting article so I shared it. That’s it. 

  • The only thing I"ll disagree on is that somehow being all in on Jared Goff is a bad thing.   Goff and his Rams are 5-3 and in first place in their division.  He's played really well this year.  

    @mark-o said:

    The only thing I"ll disagree on is that somehow being all in on Jared Goff is a bad thing.   Goff and his Rams are 5-3 and in first place in their division.  He's played really well this year.  

    Golly gee- CarsonWentz was a really nice consolation prize.... And DePud said "he's not a top 20 QB." Right- he may be top 5.   

    @gumby73 said:

    not sure the writers name? but he proverbially/professional nailed it...........imo Williams will step down if Hue's axed..Tabor maybe your next man up? My Next up..Captain Morgan😎

    Personally- I prefer Meyer's over Captain Morgan- we're talking rum right? 

  • I've heard the opposite. Jackson wanted Watson and Garoppolo bad, and also liked Hooker a lot, and of course they ignored all of those wishes.

    I think Wentz will be up for MVP if they keep winning and he keeps playing like this. Seriously, in his very first game against us (of course), he looked like a HOF QB. Was like "i'll show these fools who they passed on"

  • In regards to the article, there are lot of assumptions on who was making QB decisions.  Having a guess about that is one thing.  Presenting it as fact is another.  Especially when the author seems to be cherry picking those "facts".  

    didn’t want Deshaun Watson

    Where does one come up with that?  Common conjecture is that since he was texting Watson to be ready he wanted and thought the Browns were taking him.

    didn’t want Carson Wentz

    And yet it was DePodesta that came out with the Wentz not being a top 20 QB comment.

    That also makes it impossible to believe that this is the first time Jackson was heavily involved in the quarterback decision process

    Holy freaking leap, Batman.  

    This article is garbage.

  • @mark-o said:

    The only thing I"ll disagree on is that somehow being all in on Jared Goff is a bad thing.   Goff and his Rams are 5-3 and in first place in their division.  He's played really well this year.  

    Golly gee- CarsonWentz was a really nice consolation prize.... And DePud said "he's not a top 20 QB." Right- he may be top 5.   

    @gumby73 said:

    not sure the writers name? but he proverbially/professional nailed it...........imo Williams will step down if Hue's axed..Tabor maybe your next man up? My Next up..Captain Morgan😎

    Personally- I prefer Meyer's over Captain Morgan- we're talking rum right? 

    @hoorta said:

    Personally- I prefer Meyer's over Captain Morgan- we're talking rum right?

    Don't get me started or I may RUM away with this thread.😎

  • @wargograw said:

    If you want to keep him then why post the garbage in the OP? Do you think it helps your cause?

    My cause? Whether I want to keep him or not is irrelevant to anything the Browns are going to do. I doubt Jimmy comes on here much for advice. 

    I thought it was an interesting article so I shared it. That’s it. 

    @londonbrown said:

    My cause? Whether I want to keep him or not is irrelevant to anything the Browns are going to do. I doubt Jimmy comes on here much for advice. 

    I thought it was an interesting article so I shared it. That’s it. 

    It affects the general mood of the fan base which strongly affects the general mood of the Haslam’s. How do people still not get this?

    You’re stocking up the anger of these pitchforkers with stupid, most likely inaccurate articles like this. And the angrier they are, the faster this thing is blown up. I just think it’s unwise.