Skip to content

We are a worse 0-8 than the 0-8 last year...AND

The Browns Board
28 14 923
  • @texasag1969 said:

    I acknowledged in another thread that I vacillate back and forth. I want the rebuild but I don't always agree with the execution or the coaching. As for  models I am not my engineering father's son. I don't do anything mechanical except use a phone to call repair people. I hated models, tinkertoys, etc. growing up and scored 1/2 of 1% on a mechanical interest test. So I don't torture my grandkids (male or female) with that ineptitude either.😛

    Well we need people that are solid not vacillating. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #21

    @wargograw said:

    Well we need people that are solid not vacillating. 

    I'm a solid on the process but I just think Hue needs an OC. Hopefully the process will figure that out too. The true test comes with the 2018 draft and if they drop in the key players this team needs most. QB, WR, FS and RB plus a CB would be very helpful if they all go in Rds 1 & 2.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I acknowledged in another thread that I vacillate back and forth. I want the rebuild but I don't always agree with the execution or the coaching. As for  models I am not my engineering father's son. I don't do anything mechanical except use a phone to call repair people. I hated models, tinkertoys, etc. growing up and scored 1/2 of 1% on a mechanical interest test. So I don't torture my grandkids (male or female) with that ineptitude either.😛

    Well we need people that are solid not vacillating. 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @wargograw said:

    Well we need people that are solid not vacillating. 

    Yeah it would be a shame if people posted however they wish.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    This thread was started by someone im not sure really understands how defense in football works. We're 6th in rushing defense and actually have the lowest ypc of any def in the league. Has that translated into wins? Ofc not, u dont get points on the board for stopping a runner behind the los.

    But saying this defense is only marginally better than last years defense is a facepalming facedragging statement. I mean u just cant be serious. The talent comment is somewhat valid. Id say ogbah, orchard and nassib would have to fight tooth and nail to make the active rosters of pretty much any otherbteam in the NFL. But danny would start places...kirksey and collins absolutely could start for the more elite defenses. And the jury's still our on schobert cause its his firstbyear at the position but he's so far done a good job. Mccourty and calhoun also look to be legit starters in the nfl.

    So theres sht there to work with. What williams has done in less than a year is nothing shirt of amazing so Shmuck you know nothing browns fans that want both sides of the ball tore up every year ensuring the browns never win another game for all of eternity. You fukking hacks go watch rspn deportes or Shmucking fs1 soccer. Just stop being browns fans please

    lmao...no YOU don't understand how defense in the nfl(and really the nfl in general) works if you think defensive rushing stats in the nfl are very important.  You are thinking about the nfl like this is 1974.  What wins now is:

    -preventing third down conversions when game in doubt

    -avoiding big chunk plays through the air

    -pressure on qb

    -lowering qbs qbr when game is still in doubt

    those things are going to correlate pretty well with overall defensive value.  Not rushing ypc defense!!

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @tacosman said:

    lmao...no YOU don't understand how defense in the nfl(and really the nfl in general) works if you think defensive rushing stats in the nfl are very important.  You are thinking about the nfl like this is 1974.  What wins now is:

    -preventing third down conversions when game in doubt

    -avoiding big chunk plays through the air

    -pressure on qb

    -lowering qbs qbr when game is still in doubt

    those things are going to correlate pretty well with overall defensive value.  Not rushing ypc defense!!

    Ok, listen because im not explaining this again. You are correct when u say that it is more important to stop the pass then the rush, but its not THAT much more impirtant as ur making it out to be. I already gave the example how the colts defense when manning was there were a pass rushing JUGGERNAUT but sucked so bad against the run that as soon as an opposing defense kept manning somewhat in check the opposing offense was then able to control the game through the run keeping manning off the field. This was the Patriots recipe for owning manning in the playoffs. Manning would have 4-5 rings had his defense been more balanced. 

    Its this lack of football knowledge amongst browns fans thats really on my last. You bemoan our useless rush defense not realizing that williams is building fundamental competecies in steps just like he's done in other towns building some of the best defenses in the modern era. His rans teams were oass rushing savants cause he was allowed time to build them acquiring talent like Long. 

    Do u not see how we're tackling better? Discipline against the run will lead to better pass rushing when we get better pass rushers. We'd still be 0-8 if opposing teams were running for 200 yds on us every game with practice squad guys, just like what happened last year. Ur defense has to have balance, we're 18th in pass defense...not great but not horrible. Thats mainly on oyr secondary who are not getting any help from the pass rush. 

    Im not explaining again why u dont tear this up. We will not get a defensive guy like williams here ever again if the entire staff is turned. My points about bringing up our current rankings are not just to hang oyr hat on something ballz deep in an 0-8 season. Its tomshow how much williams has improved our defense in such a short time. U dont throw that away

  • @tacosman said:

    sure I've acknowledged it....I've pointed out that the defense, while not as bad as the offense, is still pretty bad.  furthermore, there are no really standout players on defense that other teams would covet.  I'd suggest that the defense at this point being 'pretty bad' as opposed to terrible is simply due to random fluctuation....

    And how many games have they played with all the key defenders actually in the game? One maybe? Let's just see how they look from this point on without Garrett or Shelton or Collins sitting on the sidelines. Our injury luck has been s h i t and yet they still play better than last year by far.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @texasag1969 said:

    And how many games have they played with all the key defenders actually in the game? One maybe? Let's just see how they look from this point on without Garrett or Shelton or Collins sitting on the sidelines. Our injury luck has been s h i t and yet they still play better than last year by far.

    How many teams actually start their whole compliment of starters? Most have guys missing all through the season.

  • you and I both know they are worse(thats what the numbers say as last year we were better than our record...this year we arent), but we have a couple tools in here talking about all this improvement supposedly.

    B Buck The Frowns wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tacosman said:

    you and I both know they are worse(thats what the numbers say as last year we were better than our record...this year we arent), but we have a couple tools in here talking about all this improvement supposedly.

    There were those on this board who said before this season that Pgh was only better than the Browns at three positions. I thought that was delusional, unless the three positions are offense, defense, and special teams. 

    All those draft picks and nothing whatsoever to show. No one any good, few who even look like they could become good. I just don’t know how they could miss so completely. Watching the Browns try to draft and develop talent is like watching Ray Charles take batting practice.

  • @wargograw said:

    Well we need people that are solid not vacillating. 

    Yeah it would be a shame if people posted however they wish.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah it would be a shame if people posted however they wish.

    It would be a shame if they're fired on the basis of people who in reality supported them but couldn't stop making fun of them (such as Ag). 

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah it would be a shame if people posted however they wish.

    It would be a shame if they're fired on the basis of people who in reality supported them but couldn't stop making fun of them (such as Ag). 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @wargograw said:

    It would be a shame if they're fired on the basis of people who in reality supported them but couldn't stop making fun of them (such as Ag). 

    But they make it so damn easy.😛

    I said I support the process, but not necessarily the execution. They need help on gameday (an OC) and in the FO with more football acumen in their picks. Like buying a classic car that needs a good tuneup if only the parts fit a little better. You don't junk the car, you fix it properly with a little more expertise.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Yeah it would be a shame if people posted however they wish.

    It would be a shame if they're fired on the basis of people who in reality supported them but couldn't stop making fun of them (such as Ag). 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @wargograw said:

    It would be a shame if they're fired on the basis of people who in reality supported them but couldn't stop making fun of them (such as Ag). 

    Ag doesn’t know the power he yields. I hope he can leverage his sarcastic posts into some season tickets to watch “the streak”.