Skip to content

Deshaun Watson torn ACL

The Browns Board
55 20 1.5k
  • I'm talking about you, nostradamus, saying he will be fine. You have no idea either way. 

    @londonbrown said:

    I'm talking about you, nostradamus, saying he will be fine. You have no idea either way. 

    London there is no point in wasting your breath talking to Taco.  

    Dude actually bitched about the Browns having success running the ball picking up 4-5 yards a carry when they should be passing the ball.... in the first half of a 3 point game.

     Also said run defense doesn't mean a thing in the NFL because when you stop the other team from running it just encourages them to pass....

    Just move on with your life and skip past the posts.

  • Being happy a guy like that gets a horrible injury in practice = nothing but class.

    Did you throw a party when Bridgewater went down too? 

    @sd_tom said:

    Being happy a guy like that gets a horrible injury in practice = nothing but class.

    Did you throw a party when Bridgewater went down too? 

    When Twatwater went down I know more than a few people that were high fiving. 

    High class dress wearing fu ck and his "so glad I didn't get drafted by the Browns" comment can limp around the rest of his career. 

  • I loved watching Watson this year and my heart hurts for him. If there's a silver lining for us, we have their 1st and 2nd rounders, and they're going to be A LOT higher now. We could literally be picking first (duh) and then #8 or #9. That's freaking crazy. 

    Unfortunately for us, there is no Myles Garrett or QB savior coming out this year (in my opinion). 

  • @londonbrown said:

    RG3 is fine then? 

    wtf are you even talking about?  you may as well say "tom brady will be fine then after his acl tear" and that would be just as relevant.

    Watson isn't some jitterbug running qb.

    @tacosman said:

    wtf are you even talking about?  you may as well say "tom brady will be fine then after his acl tear" and that would be just as relevant.

    Watson isn't some jitterbug running qb.

    It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

    Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

  • @sd_tom said:

    Being happy a guy like that gets a horrible injury in practice = nothing but class.

    Did you throw a party when Bridgewater went down too? 

    When Twatwater went down I know more than a few people that were high fiving. 

    High class dress wearing fu ck and his "so glad I didn't get drafted by the Browns" comment can limp around the rest of his career. 

    @hx214 said:

    When Twatwater went down I know more than a few people that were high fiving. 

    High class dress wearing fu ck and his "so glad I didn't get drafted by the Browns" comment can limp around the rest of his career. 

    Newsflash : NOBODY wants to get drafted by the Browns. Especially now. 

  • @tacosman said:

    wtf are you even talking about?  you may as well say "tom brady will be fine then after his acl tear" and that would be just as relevant.

    Watson isn't some jitterbug running qb.

    It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

    Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

    @roycerolls said:

    It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

    Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

    Steve Young was saying that Andrew Luck is likely never going to be the same after his shoulder issues. Said  he's just taken too much punishment 

  • It’s a tough game. Luckily for us the guy who couldn’t put any kind of talent around Andrew Luck is working for the Browns now /pink text

    FIFY, your friendly Moderation crew.  🙂  

  • I loved watching Watson this year and my heart hurts for him. If there's a silver lining for us, we have their 1st and 2nd rounders, and they're going to be A LOT higher now. We could literally be picking first (duh) and then #8 or #9. That's freaking crazy. 

    Unfortunately for us, there is no Myles Garrett or QB savior coming out this year (in my opinion). 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Unfortunately for us, there is no ... QB savior coming out this year (in my opinion). 

    Seems like everybody every year says that until we pass up one of them...

  • @tacosman said:

    wtf are you even talking about?  you may as well say "tom brady will be fine then after his acl tear" and that would be just as relevant.

    Watson isn't some jitterbug running qb.

    It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

    Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

    @roycerolls said:

    It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

    Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

    If he reinjured the same knee, I'd tend to agree. Who knows? We might have dodged a bullet not taking him. I can't even begin to imagine the woe is us wailing around here if we HAD drafted him, he was lighting it up for the Browns, and then POW! ACL tear.   

    @sd_tom said:

    Steve Young was saying that Andrew Luck is likely never going to be the same after his shoulder issues. Said  he's just taken too much punishment 

    That's another thing- if Andy is still having pain in the repaired shoulder, he might have a shortened career. And Luck isn't exactly a midget either. 

  • @roycerolls said:

    It doesn’t matter if he’s a running QB or not (running has always been part of his game) he tore his ACL without contact, just running on grass (something every qb has to do). That’s also the second time he’s torn an ACL.

    Watson is a QB who has less than ideal size, depends on mobility and has 2 ACL tears by the age of 22.... anything is possible, but the odds aren’t in Deshaun’s favor.

    If he reinjured the same knee, I'd tend to agree. Who knows? We might have dodged a bullet not taking him. I can't even begin to imagine the woe is us wailing around here if we HAD drafted him, he was lighting it up for the Browns, and then POW! ACL tear.   

    @sd_tom said:

    Steve Young was saying that Andrew Luck is likely never going to be the same after his shoulder issues. Said  he's just taken too much punishment 

    That's another thing- if Andy is still having pain in the repaired shoulder, he might have a shortened career. And Luck isn't exactly a midget either. 

    @hoorta said:

    If he reinjured the same knee, I'd tend to agree. Who knows? We might have dodged a bullet not taking him. I can't even begin to imagine the woe is us wailing around here if we HAD drafted him, he was lighting it up for the Browns, and then POW! ACL tear.   

    That's another thing- if Andy is still having pain in the repaired shoulder, he might have a shortened career. And Luck isn't exactly a midget either. 

    Apparently it wasn’t the same knee, which is good news.  I have a feeling as a brown he’d be constantly injured, seems to be how things go around here.

  • @hoorta said:

    If he reinjured the same knee, I'd tend to agree. Who knows? We might have dodged a bullet not taking him. I can't even begin to imagine the woe is us wailing around here if we HAD drafted him, he was lighting it up for the Browns, and then POW! ACL tear.   

    That's another thing- if Andy is still having pain in the repaired shoulder, he might have a shortened career. And Luck isn't exactly a midget either. 

    Apparently it wasn’t the same knee, which is good news.  I have a feeling as a brown he’d be constantly injured, seems to be how things go around here.

    @roycerolls said:

    Apparently it wasn’t the same knee, which is good news.  I have a feeling as a brown he’d be constantly injured, seems to be how things go around here.

    Strange thing is- in the National Championship game against Alabama I saw him take some absolute kill shots, and get up. Then blow out an ACL non-contact. 

  • Sucks for him and the league..🙁

    in a few months the media will have you convinced this is the best QB draft class in 20 years so no worries!!  We are a lock!!  For what? I have no idea.  

  • Watson will still have more passing yards this season than Kizer when its over

  • Watson will still have more passing yards this season than Kizer when its over

    @darren15 said:

    Watson will still have more passing yards this season than Kizer when its over

    Kizer should be able to beat out Andy Luck  now that he's done.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Unfortunately for us, there is no ... QB savior coming out this year (in my opinion). 

    Seems like everybody every year says that until we pass up one of them...

    @thenew23 said:

    Seems like everybody every year says that until we pass up one of them...

    It's funny, I thought the same thing as I typed it, LOL.  The obvious truth is that nobody knows, and it's certainly way too early to accurately guess, but it SEEMS like there's not "THAT GUY" coming out of college that would be known as a savior.  Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully somebody establishes himself as THAT guy, but right now...

    I have three that interest me, and here they are at no particular order:  (I know you all really wanted to know, LOL)

    1.  Mason Rudolph - comes from the same school as Brandon Weeden, but he's obviously way younger and I'd argue more talented.  Has a good arm, not terrific, and has shown the ability to make good throws to every part of the field.  Excellent size, not great mobility, but definitely someone that will draw a ton of interest.  

    2.  Baker Mayfield -  Many will remember his alcohol-infused event last year where he got arrested, but apparently he's working hard on his image and I don't see it as an issue.  We're obviously VERY sensitive to these matters, but I don't believe it would prevent us from drafting him.  He's a wildcard...a true magician with the ball and somebody who is a ton of fun to watch.  He's another guy who comes from the "air raid" nonsense offense, just like most of the guys coming out that I like.  It doesn't mean he can't be successful, but it does mean there will be a giant learning curve.

    3.  Lamar Jackson - No introduction needed here, and he's somebody who has definitely progressed as a passer, but really needs to KEEP improving.  Absurd arm strength that lets him get away with poor mechanics, and other-worldly type athletic ability.  A more polished version of Michael Vick, but his thin frame scares people...especially if he's going to be running the ball with any regularity.  Watching his highlights, it's easy to see he can make a variety of throws, and what I especially like is that many of the highlights don't show him throwing the ball to a WIDE OPEN guy like many of the spread-option guys.  Of course SOME plays are like that, but I also see many throws where a guy has only a half step, and Lamar delivers a ball IN STRIDE for a huge gainer.  He appears to love the deep seam pass, something that could bode well for a team like us that has Njoku.  

    I could write a ton more about qb's, but it's a little too early to get crazy.