Skip to content

Josh Gordon - the missing piece

The Browns Board
109 38 3.4k 1
  • Im a little worried Hue is going to have to apologize for saying having Gordon back is like having a new toy to play with.

    Or is it ok since...

  • Im a little worried Hue is going to have to apologize for saying having Gordon back is like having a new toy to play with.

    Or is it ok since...

    @kvoethe said:

    Im a little worried Hue is going to have to apologize for saying having Gordon back is like having a new toy to play with.

    Or is it ok since...

    Since he's black?

    Managers and coaches use the "new toy to play with" line all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

    On another note, I have claimed Gordon in all three of my fantasy leagues for a postseason boost.

    Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

    Zombo

  • I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.

    Someone will say its racciss

    You don't remember the movie?  "The Toy"?

  • I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.

    Someone will say its racciss

    You don't remember the movie?  "The Toy"?

    @kvoethe said:

    I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.

    Someone will say its racciss

    You don't remember the movie?  "The Toy"?

    I do remember the movie. I don't know what MSM is though.

    And I think you are the only jackwad making a racial connection to Hue's comment.

    Zombo

  • I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.

    Someone will say its racciss

    You don't remember the movie?  "The Toy"?

    @kvoethe said:

    I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.

    Someone will say its raccist

    You don't remember the movie?  "The Toy"?

    I saw nothing racial in it.   On the other hand, I could see where some could think it was a little gay.

  • Msm main stream media

  • @kvoethe said:

    I know it doesn't mean anything, but the MSM is going to be all over it.

    Someone will say its racciss

    You don't remember the movie?  "The Toy"?

    I do remember the movie. I don't know what MSM is though.

    And I think you are the only jackwad making a racial connection to Hue's comment.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I do remember the movie. I don't know what MSM is though.

    And I think you are the only jackwad making a racial connection to Hue's comment.

    Zombo

    Main Stream Media.  You know, where you get actual news and information....   People that don't like MSM are like the three monkeys, hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil.   They don't like reality.....like the monkeys they hide their senses from it, and prefer getting horseshite shoved up their arses as their only method of absorbing information.

  • Hahahhaha

  • Lol i hope you were kidding whe you said actual news

  • Lol i hope you were kidding whe you said actual news

    @kvoethe said:

    Lol i hope you were kidding whe you said actual news

    I am assuming you are one who gets his information from his ampulla.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im a little worried Hue is going to have to apologize for saying having Gordon back is like having a new toy to play with.

    Or is it ok since...

    Since he's black?

    Managers and coaches use the "new toy to play with" line all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

    On another note, I have claimed Gordon in all three of my fantasy leagues for a postseason boost.

    Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Since he's black?

    Managers and coaches use the "new toy to play with" line all the time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying that.

    On another note, I have claimed Gordon in all three of my fantasy leagues for a postseason boost.

    Looking forward to playing with my new toy.

    Zombo

    True, lots of coaches use that analogy. To me, it's still funny though.

  • Josh Gordon:

    So there's 6 games left.  Unless our brain-trust are TOTAL fools, he doesn't play this week.  (...and OUR brain-trust ALWAYS leaves doubt about being TOTAL fools)

    Therefore, we own him for 2018.

    As for us negotiating a contract renewal...that will depend on how he does in these final weeks of the season...including his time on the field.  It will also depend on his offseason and if he can stay on the straight and narrow.  I wouldn't rush into a contract signing session with him.

    I don't know how far one can go with structuring a contract with 'if-then' statements....but we need some assurance that we're not wasting more time and effort on a 3-time-loser to be.

  • Don't worry, whether he plays or not this week is not on our brain-trusts. He started practice with the team today, but he cannot play till next week.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870891/article/josh-gordon-to-be-reinstated-on-conditional-basis

  • If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke.  But in america you cant make jokes

  • If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke.  But in america you cant make jokes

    @kvoethe said:

    If coach was white the liberals would be out with pitchforks at the toy reference... relax man it was just a joke.  But in america you cant make jokes

    Nobody has any fuyucking clue what you are talking about with this "toy" reference and how it pertains to race.  Is everything for you an opportunity to race bait?

  • Just watched video of the Browns WRs catching passes on practice. They had a lefty throwing the passes. Isn’t it different catching a pass from a lefty?

  • Don't worry, whether he plays or not this week is not on our brain-trusts. He started practice with the team today, but he cannot play till next week.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870891/article/josh-gordon-to-be-reinstated-on-conditional-basis

    @nero said:

    Don't worry, whether he plays or not this week is not on our brain-trusts.

    Thank goodness! 🙂

  • I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off! 

    We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time. 

    Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.

    Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left. 

    Now is the time, things are about to change! 

    ...if we could just get Hogan in the game... 

  • I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off! 

    We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time. 

    Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.

    Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left. 

    Now is the time, things are about to change! 

    ...if we could just get Hogan in the game... 

    @poeticg said:

    I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off! 

    We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time. 

    Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.

    Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left. 

    Now is the time, things are about to change! 

    ...if we could just get Hogan in the game... 

    Kids are told not to say the F-word. 

    Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word? 

  • @poeticg said:

    I'm so proud of Josh Gordon. All the time invested in praying for him and supporting him is about to finally pay off! 

    We are truly getting a player that is BETTER than any first round draft pick in a very long time. 

    Gordon is a transcendent player - he akin to LeBron James to football.

    Kid is a godsend and just what we've needed since he left. We haven't barley won a game since he left. 

    Now is the time, things are about to change! 

    ...if we could just get Hogan in the game... 

    Kids are told not to say the F-word. 

    Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word? 

    @nero said:

    Kids are told not to say the F-word. 

    Are we going to have to give you the same treatment with the H-word? 

    Haha, yeah it sucks, I know. But I just gotta state it as it is man. I gotta be true to myself.

    So my thinking is; If I'm the coach of this team, at 1-25, I'm taking every opportunity to try anything, turn over every rock, check every nook and cranny. If there is even the slimmest chance of finding a gem, I'm fittin to dig a hole.

    I do not feel as if the Hogan approach has been sufficiently satisfied, there are still a lot of unanswered questions and potential there. I mean the dude makes plays. Why NOT run Hogan in a few WildDawg formations a game to throw off a Defense? He CAN do that. I don't care if he's the starter or plays 10 snaps a game, but he can make plays. I don't think that he has been given the correct assessment or opportunity.