Crying at the Movies? Over the Browns?
-
I watched the movie about Ernie Davis last night. I have to admit, it turned Ghoolie into a total pussy. The story of Ernie in itself was a heart breaker. Add to that the excellent depiction of the 60s era Browns, a depiction of nobility, strength and prominence was beautiful to watch. Finally, for me, this Christmas will be my first ever without my Mom, and of course no Browns December excitement to boot. Those movie images of what the Browns once were, also brought back to me images of what life with my parents was like back then.
We love the Browns, because we are the Browns.
Tomorrow is my birthday, I have prayed for the Browns to give me a win this weekend and for us make Trubisky look worse than Lynch. It would be a sweet win.
If you haven't seen the movie, you should.
I feel for you. I lost both parents within months of each other last year, so this is the first year without either of them for me.
I feel for you. I lost both parents within months of each other last year, so this is the first year without either of them for me.
God BLess you too, my friend.
-
Happy belated B'day Ghoolie.
Happy belated B'day Ghoolie.
Thanks, man, Nice surprise, thanks.
-
You're talking about The Express?
Yeah, it was a great connection for me to the old days. I was old enough to vaguely remember the sorrow over Ernie, but was of course told of him by my Dad. Movie was well done.
-
Happy belated bday and Merry Xmas Ghoolie!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login