Skip to content

Cotton Bowl

The Browns Board
43 16 1.8k
  • @mjp28 said:

    No. I'll bet the 12-2 BUCKEYES end up #3 or #4 this year......above the Bama guys.Iowa was just a huge trap game and the BUCKEYES fell in or THEY not bama would have been playing for another national championship. Also zero top teams were undefeated this year, not even mighty bama.Ā šŸ˜‰

    There's an old saying mjp about times like this:

    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

    @dutch-oven said:

    There's an old saying mjp about times like this:

    "Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

    tis the truth this wise one speaks

  • Darnold wasn't as bad as this thread would have you believe. But OSUs DL dominatedĀ 

  • Darnold wasn't as bad as this thread would have you believe. But OSUs DL dominatedĀ 

    @mld-woody said:

    Darnold wasn't as bad as this thread would have you believe. But OSUs DL dominatedĀ 

    I don't know that many QBs who would have thrived last night vs Ohio State's defense.

    Not only did they produce a ton of pressure from their DLine, but generally shut the Trojans run game down.

    I still think he needs another season at USC, though.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Darnold wasn't as bad as this thread would have you believe. But OSUs DL dominatedĀ 

    I don't know that many QBs who would have thrived last night vs Ohio State's defense.

    Not only did they produce a ton of pressure from their DLine, but generally shut the Trojans run game down.

    I still think he needs another season at USC, though.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't know that many QBs who would have thrived last night vs Ohio State's defense.

    Not only did they produce a ton of pressure from their DLine, but generally shut the Trojan's run game down.

    I still think he needs another season at USC, though.

    The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

    Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't know that many QBs who would have thrived last night vs Ohio State's defense.

    Not only did they produce a ton of pressure from their DLine, but generally shut the Trojan's run game down.

    I still think he needs another season at USC, though.

    The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

    Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

    @canton-dawg said:

    The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

    Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

    And the Big 10 has done a better job of late getting more athletic players too, so the days of them getting run off the field seems to be in the past.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

    Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

    And the Big 10 has done a better job of late getting more athletic players too, so the days of them getting run off the field seems to be in the past.

    @dutch-oven said:

    And the Big 10 has done a better job of late getting more athletic players too, so the days of them getting run off the field seems to be in the past.

    Even with all of the disadvantages big ten teams face

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And the Big 10 has done a better job of late getting more athletic players too, so the days of them getting run off the field seems to be in the past.

    Even with all of the disadvantages big ten teams face

    @mld-woody said:

    Even with all of the disadvantages big ten teams face

    Such as?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Even with all of the disadvantages big ten teams face

    Such as?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Such as?

    EthicsEthics

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Such as?

    EthicsEthics

    @the-gipper said:

    EthicsEthics

    Penn State left the Big 10 and I missed it? šŸ˜†

  • @mld-woody said:

    Even with all of the disadvantages big ten teams face

    Such as?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Such as?

    Playing just about every bowl game away from the Midwest.Ā 

    Academic standards (for some teams)

    Lack of bagmen (for some teams)

    Less talent rich recruiting region, kind of, mainly due to weather and less time to play outsideĀ 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Such as?

    Playing just about every bowl game away from the Midwest.Ā 

    Academic standards (for some teams)

    Lack of bagmen (for some teams)

    Less talent rich recruiting region, kind of, mainly due to weather and less time to play outsideĀ 

    @mld-woody said:

    Less talent rich recruiting region, kind of, mainly due to weather and less time to play outsideĀ 

    This is especially true for TTUN. If it wasn't for Ohio, they'd be Northwestern. šŸ˜†

  • Across the entire roster, we have 11 players from Ohio out of 134

    Starting MLB, Punter and FS

    Our last recruiting class had 3 of the 30 players from Ohio. One of which was the punter.

  • Across the entire roster, we have 11 players from Ohio out of 134

    Starting MLB, Punter and FS

    Our last recruiting class had 3 of the 30 players from Ohio. One of which was the punter.

    @mld-woody said:

    Across the entire roster, we have 11 players from Ohio out of 134

    Starting MLB, Punter and FS

    Our last recruiting class had 3 of the 30 players from Ohio. One of which was the punter.

    I'm guessing Harbaugh is recruiting nationally then. The amount of talented Ohio players on TTUN's roster over the generations is staggering, especially when you consider it in reverse.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Across the entire roster, we have 11 players from Ohio out of 134

    Starting MLB, Punter and FS

    Our last recruiting class had 3 of the 30 players from Ohio. One of which was the punter.

    I'm guessing Harbaugh is recruiting nationally then. The amount of talented Ohio players on TTUN's roster over the generations is staggering, especially when you consider it in reverse.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm guessing Harbaugh is recruiting nationally then. The amount of talented Ohio players on TTUN's roster over the generations is staggering, especially when you consider it in reverse.

    Well Michigan has a lot of woods lol. Not sure how many great football players have come from up North.

    Michigan always recruits nationally, fyi

  • Alabama is the top Football state in the country.Ā  Sweet home, ALABAMA!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't know that many QBs who would have thrived last night vs Ohio State's defense.

    Not only did they produce a ton of pressure from their DLine, but generally shut the Trojan's run game down.

    I still think he needs another season at USC, though.

    The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

    Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

    @canton-dawg said:

    The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

    Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

    And Penn State, with the exception of a trick play by Washington, is looking strong vs Washington.

    That being said, I'd love to see a few Husky DLinemen rearrange Trace McSorley. I can't stand that punk.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    If Iowa whupped on the Buckeyes, the Tide would destroy them.

    No. I'll bet the 12-2 BUCKEYES end up #3 or #4 this year......above the Bama guys.Iowa was just a huge trap game and the BUCKEYES fell in or THEY not bama would have been playing for another national championship. Also zero top teams were undefeated this year, not even mighty bama.Ā šŸ˜‰

    @mjp28 said:

    No. I'll bet the 12-2 BUCKEYES end up #3 or #4 this year......above the Bama guys.Iowa was just a huge trap game and the BUCKEYES fell in or THEY not bama would have been playing for another national championship. Also zero top teams were undefeated this year, not even mighty bama.Ā šŸ˜‰

    Whether it was "a huge trap game," they still LOST. L-O-S-T. You can't just excuse that. Alabama's not sitting here saying "well A&M was just a huge trap game." "Mississippi State was a huge trap game." LSU, Arkansas, etc. Why? Because they won all those games.Ā 

    Win your games and you'll get the respect. Ohio State had a really good squad but when you have a really good squad, the toughest part of preparation is merely being motivated to play all 12 games (or at least 11). Can't do that? Sorry....

  • Alabama's also been in all 3 playoffs so far and hasn't been embarrassed. once. Heck they have a winning record in the playoffs (3-2). Meanwhile Ohio State got embarrassed last year. That had something to do with it.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    The Big 10 plays a more physical game than the PAC 12.

    Not only was it evident against USC, but Michigan State owned the line of scrimmage against Washington State as well.

    And Penn State, with the exception of a trick play by Washington, is looking strong vs Washington.

    That being said, I'd love to see a few Husky DLinemen rearrange Trace McSorley. I can't stand that punk.

    @dutch-oven said:

    And Penn State, with the exception of a trick play by Washington, is looking strong vs Washington.

    That being said, I'd love to see a few Husky DLinemen rearrange Trace McSorley. I can't stand that punk.

    Ā I hoped that Nebraska would return to their old dominant self since joining the Big 10...hasn’t happened though.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And Penn State, with the exception of a trick play by Washington, is looking strong vs Washington.

    That being said, I'd love to see a few Husky DLinemen rearrange Trace McSorley. I can't stand that punk.

    Ā I hoped that Nebraska would return to their old dominant self since joining the Big 10...hasn’t happened though.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Ā I hoped that Nebraska would return to their old dominant self since joining the Big 10...hasn’t happened though.

    They have to get someone who can recruit well nationally, because Nebraska isn't a hotbed of football.Ā