Skip to content

This may be a touchy ?

The Browns Board
45 17 2.4k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    The Browns ain't going nowhere until 2028.....and likely will go nowhere at all after that.  

    So what you're telling me is we get to see about 10 more wins until it's 'possible'? 

    @d-bone said:

    So what you're telling me is we get to see about 10 more wins until it's 'possible'? 

    Next year...a 10 win season!!  Yahoo!

  • @ghoolie said:

    Actually, not true. At a 87.3 % turnout rate, the Browns rank 30 of 32 teams at percentage of the seats filled.

    The Cleveland market IS a problem for the NFL. Don't think for a moment they aren't looking at it.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

    I love that turnout rate which is a meaningless stat. Reason being is that the stands look pretty empty and about 1/3 look like fans of the opponents that Browns fans have sold at deep discounts. I'd love to see what the prices are for tickets the week before each game on Stub Hub. My Nephew has multiple season tickets to Broncos games (I think 6) and for years he has kept two and sold the remainder and comes away with a profit every week while seeing the game live. Even during this "down" year they just had.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I love that turnout rate which is a meaningless stat. Reason being is that the stands look pretty empty and about 1/3 look like fans of the opponents that Browns fans have sold at deep discounts. I'd love to see what the prices are for tickets the week before each game on Stub Hub. My Nephew has multiple season tickets to Broncos games (I think 6) and for years he has kept two and sold the remainder and comes away with a profit every week while seeing the game live. Even during this "down" year they just had.

    I can tell you this much Ag about the discounts that were being offered late last season. I finally threw in the towel about doing the 400 miles of driving to watch D II football being played. Told my pal Don- who's the season ticket holder of record- (we each have two seats)  "dump 'em". Our seats are 20 yard line row 9 field level. Nominal face value (it varies by game desirability) is $85. After all was said and done we netted $28. 

    Looking at StubHub for the Ravens game, you could get in the building for $6, with plenty of opportunity to move down. Section 109 row 20, that's 50 yard line, best seats in the house- I checked it out-  was being offered for $100- $5 over face value. I saw Club seats going for 50% discount.  And FWIW I don't think Club is worth the extra $$$$, you get nicer bars and nicer rest rooms for 3X the price.   

  • The team will move

  • @ghoolie said:

    Actually, not true. At a 87.3 % turnout rate, the Browns rank 30 of 32 teams at percentage of the seats filled.

    The Cleveland market IS a problem for the NFL. Don't think for a moment they aren't looking at it.

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

    I love that turnout rate which is a meaningless stat. Reason being is that the stands look pretty empty and about 1/3 look like fans of the opponents that Browns fans have sold at deep discounts. I'd love to see what the prices are for tickets the week before each game on Stub Hub. My Nephew has multiple season tickets to Broncos games (I think 6) and for years he has kept two and sold the remainder and comes away with a profit every week while seeing the game live. Even during this "down" year they just had.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I love that turnout rate which is a meaningless stat. Reason being is that the stands look pretty empty and about 1/3 look like fans of the opponents that Browns fans have sold at deep discounts. I'd love to see what the prices are for tickets the week before each game on Stub Hub. My Nephew has multiple season tickets to Broncos games (I think 6) and for years he has kept two and sold the remainder and comes away with a profit every week while seeing the game live. Even during this "down" year they just had.

    The only stat that is meaningful regarding this thread is 100% of Ghoolie posts are worthless.

  • The team will move

    @ghoolie said:

    The team will move

    They have to...it is tackle football. They must run, catch, throw etc.  The game is based on movement.

    (But, if you are talking about the Browns moving to another city...it will not happen in your lifetime)