Skip to content

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

Locked The Browns Board
550 48 16.5k
  • @poeticg said:

    Look, give me Barkley #1 and you can have your pick of QB at #4. 

    Who do you want at QB?

    Pick one, anyone you want- I'll guarantee you that you get him at #4.

    Can you guys even agree on who you want at QB? Because I don't think you can. 

    NY and INDY don't need QBs, they won't be taking one this high and they aren't trading the pick. That leaves us the pick of the litter at 4. 

    However, both teams will be looking to take Barkley if he's there. If we don't let them off the hook we'll force them to support their QBs in other ways. They both struggled last year but expect to ascend back to the playoffs next year. They will most likely look at protecting the QB with an OL pick OR drafting the best Defensive Player available. 

    This is why this thread has stretched to 22 pages. Repeat yourself much, or chose to ignore there are other possibilities, that some of us are trying to get through your thick head for um- the 10th time? 

    1) NY EASILY could decide to draft their QBOTF to sit a year or two behind Manning- who's 37 years old as of this past January. 

    2) The Colts will CERTAINLY  listen to offers to trade down and swap places with the QB needy Broncos or Jets (there's only one Kirk Cousins). DUH- Indy will as easily be able to get a stud OT (Browns sure aren't drafting one) at #5-#6 as at #3, and pickup an nice bonus selection. 

    SO FOR ABOUT THE 10TH AND LAST TIME, SHOULD THE BROWNS DRAFT THEIR QB #1 OVERALL, IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THE FIRST THREE PICKS COULD BE QUARTERBACKS- LEAVING BARKLEY THERE FOR US AT #4. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? Dorsey (unlike you) realizes we take Barkley #1, we could be looking at our third choice QB. Love you some Paxton Lynch? Didn't think so. Only way we get Barkley and the pick of the litter QB is (as Ghoolie suggested) to trade up from #4 to the Giants #2, and if they have the same QB they've fallen in love with as the Browns- it ain't happening. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    This is why this thread has stretched to 22 pages. Repeat yourself much, or chose to ignore there are other possibilities, that some of us are trying to get through your thick head for um- the 10th time? 

    1) NY EASILY could decide to draft their QBOTF to sit a year or two behind Manning- who's 37 years old as of this past January. 

    2) The Colts will CERTAINLY  listen to offers to trade down and swap places with the QB needy Broncos or Jets (there's only one Kirk Cousins). DUH- Indy will as easily be able to get a stud OT (Browns sure aren't drafting one) at #5-#6 as at #3, and pickup an nice bonus selection. 

    SO FOR ABOUT THE 10TH AND LAST TIME, SHOULD THE BROWNS DRAFT THEIR QB #1 OVERALL, IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THE FIRST THREE PICKS COULD BE QUARTERBACKS- LEAVING BARKLEY THERE FOR US AT #4. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? Dorsey (unlike you) realizes we take Barkley #1, we could be looking at our third choice QB. Love you some Paxton Lynch? Didn't think so. Only way we get Barkley and the pick of the litter QB is (as Ghoolie suggested) to trade up from #4 to the Giants #2, and if they have the same QB they've fallen in love with as the Browns- it ain't happening. 

    Larry...do you have the power to close this thread?   If so...please do...or convince Z to do so.

  • @hoorta said:

    This is why this thread has stretched to 22 pages. Repeat yourself much, or chose to ignore there are other possibilities, that some of us are trying to get through your thick head for um- the 10th time? 

    1) NY EASILY could decide to draft their QBOTF to sit a year or two behind Manning- who's 37 years old as of this past January. 

    2) The Colts will CERTAINLY  listen to offers to trade down and swap places with the QB needy Broncos or Jets (there's only one Kirk Cousins). DUH- Indy will as easily be able to get a stud OT (Browns sure aren't drafting one) at #5-#6 as at #3, and pickup an nice bonus selection. 

    SO FOR ABOUT THE 10TH AND LAST TIME, SHOULD THE BROWNS DRAFT THEIR QB #1 OVERALL, IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THE FIRST THREE PICKS COULD BE QUARTERBACKS- LEAVING BARKLEY THERE FOR US AT #4. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? Dorsey (unlike you) realizes we take Barkley #1, we could be looking at our third choice QB. Love you some Paxton Lynch? Didn't think so. Only way we get Barkley and the pick of the litter QB is (as Ghoolie suggested) to trade up from #4 to the Giants #2, and if they have the same QB they've fallen in love with as the Browns- it ain't happening. 

    Larry...do you have the power to close this thread?   If so...please do...or convince Z to do so.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Larry...do you have the power to close this thread?   If so...please do...or convince Z to do so.

    The thread that wouldn't end. 

    scared-woman-retro.jpg

  • @hoorta said:

    This is why this thread has stretched to 22 pages. Repeat yourself much, or chose to ignore there are other possibilities, that some of us are trying to get through your thick head for um- the 10th time? 

    1) NY EASILY could decide to draft their QBOTF to sit a year or two behind Manning- who's 37 years old as of this past January. 

    2) The Colts will CERTAINLY  listen to offers to trade down and swap places with the QB needy Broncos or Jets (there's only one Kirk Cousins). DUH- Indy will as easily be able to get a stud OT (Browns sure aren't drafting one) at #5-#6 as at #3, and pickup an nice bonus selection. 

    SO FOR ABOUT THE 10TH AND LAST TIME, SHOULD THE BROWNS DRAFT THEIR QB #1 OVERALL, IT'S ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THE FIRST THREE PICKS COULD BE QUARTERBACKS- LEAVING BARKLEY THERE FOR US AT #4. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT? Dorsey (unlike you) realizes we take Barkley #1, we could be looking at our third choice QB. Love you some Paxton Lynch? Didn't think so. Only way we get Barkley and the pick of the litter QB is (as Ghoolie suggested) to trade up from #4 to the Giants #2, and if they have the same QB they've fallen in love with as the Browns- it ain't happening. 

    Larry...do you have the power to close this thread?   If so...please do...or convince Z to do so.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Larry...do you have the power to close this thread?   If so...please do...or convince Z to do so.

    Yes I can close, move, and merge threads. I could even delete most, or all of this thread if I had a mind to. Not from the tablet I'm currently on though. I just needed a second opinion to get me to do so. I'll leave it up as a monument to the biggest man- crush we've seen on this board in years.

    @mjp28 said:

    The thread that wouldn't end. 

    scared-woman-retro.jpg

    It ends later today. Repeating the same stuff over and over is not going to change anyone's mind. Not only that, it's starting to get people po'ed. The horse died a week or so ago. I'll Pm him, no more Saquon threads until after his combine performance.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    so i take it no one want's barkley at #1 ? 

  • sydS syd

    so i take it no one want's barkley at #1 ? 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    so i take it no one want's barkley at #1 ? 

    Well if you absolutely wanted a RB and can still get a QB at #4........oh no......AAAAAHHHHHH! IT'S BACK!!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Larry...do you have the power to close this thread?   If so...please do...or convince Z to do so.

    Yes I can close, move, and merge threads. I could even delete most, or all of this thread if I had a mind to. Not from the tablet I'm currently on though. I just needed a second opinion to get me to do so. I'll leave it up as a monument to the biggest man- crush we've seen on this board in years.

    @mjp28 said:

    The thread that wouldn't end. 

    scared-woman-retro.jpg

    It ends later today. Repeating the same stuff over and over is not going to change anyone's mind. Not only that, it's starting to get people po'ed. The horse died a week or so ago. I'll Pm him, no more Saquon threads until after his combine performance.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Yes I can close, move, and merge threads. I could even delete most, or all of this thread if I had a mind to. Not from the tablet I'm currently on though. I just needed a second opinion to get me to do so. I'll leave it up as a monument to the biggest man- crush we've seen on this board in years.

    Works for me if you want to close it or delete it.   

  • sydS syd

    so i take it no one want's barkley at #1 ? 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @syd said:

    so i take it no one want's barkley at #1 ? 

    We could indeed take Barkley #1 overall. As I kept telling PO, a RB @ #1 overall hasn't happened in over 20 years, and some of the greatest running backs of all time weren't drafted that high. MHO, bad idea. It only happens is if we have Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield rated exactly the same. Um, the odds of that being the case are remote. Or even more remote, we convince Cousins Cleveland is Nirvana. 🙂

  • @syd said:

    so i take it no one want's barkley at #1 ? 

    Well if you absolutely wanted a RB and can still get a QB at #4........oh no......AAAAAHHHHHH! IT'S BACK!!!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Well if you absolutely wanted a RB and can still get a QB at #4........oh no......AAAAAHHHHHH! IT'S BACK!!!

    Somebody can't figure out if we really think one of the QBs is "the guy" he may not be there at #4.   And Superman Saquon is gonna be better than any of them. 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    Larry...do you have the power to close this thread?   If so...please do...or convince Z to do so.

    Yes I can close, move, and merge threads. I could even delete most, or all of this thread if I had a mind to. Not from the tablet I'm currently on though. I just needed a second opinion to get me to do so. I'll leave it up as a monument to the biggest man- crush we've seen on this board in years.

    @mjp28 said:

    The thread that wouldn't end. 

    scared-woman-retro.jpg

    It ends later today. Repeating the same stuff over and over is not going to change anyone's mind. Not only that, it's starting to get people po'ed. The horse died a week or so ago. I'll Pm him, no more Saquon threads until after his combine performance.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Yes I can close, move, and merge threads. I could even delete most, or all of this thread if I had a mind to. Not from the tablet I'm currently on though. I just needed a second opinion to get me to do so. I'll leave it up as a monument to the biggest man- crush we've seen on this board in years.

    It ends later today. Repeating the same stuff over and over is not going to change anyone's mind. Not only that, it's starting to get people po'ed. The horse died a week or so ago. I'll Pm him, no more Saquon threads until after his combine performance.

    Don't do it, h. It wouldn't stop Po from preaching his gospel and it would spread to other threads.

    My $0.02...

  • @hoorta said:

    Yes I can close, move, and merge threads. I could even delete most, or all of this thread if I had a mind to. Not from the tablet I'm currently on though. I just needed a second opinion to get me to do so. I'll leave it up as a monument to the biggest man- crush we've seen on this board in years.

    It ends later today. Repeating the same stuff over and over is not going to change anyone's mind. Not only that, it's starting to get people po'ed. The horse died a week or so ago. I'll Pm him, no more Saquon threads until after his combine performance.

    Don't do it, h. It wouldn't stop Po from preaching his gospel and it would spread to other threads.

    My $0.02...

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Don't do it, h. It wouldn't stop Po from preaching his gospel and it would spread to other threads.

    My $0.02...

    He's going to get warned, I hope he takes it to heart... If the Gospel according to St Saquon shows up in other threads before the combine, it will disappear as soon as I see it...