Why did we let go of Sean Jones?
-
They should have gotten one more good year out of Milt Plum.
-
They should have gotten one more good year out of Milt Plum.
They should have gotten one more good year out of Milt Plum.
They might have. But his best few years were with the Browns. His only Pro Bowl years were with the Browns. And you cannot second guess, for, while trading Plum to Detroit, they in turn traded with the Rams for Frank Ryan...who made the Pro Bowl 3 times with the Browns....and of course led them to one championship and into another Championship game (loss to Packers).
So...no real regrets there.
-
Plum still is our career leader in Passer Rating for QBs with 50 or more starts for us. He never again had the supporting cast he had in Cleveland. I did not understand the trade to Detroit at the time... but I was 5 or 6 at the time.
I loved Dr. Frank, but his numbers do not compare favorably with Milt's.
-
Plum still is our career leader in Passer Rating for QBs with 50 or more starts for us. He never again had the supporting cast he had in Cleveland. I did not understand the trade to Detroit at the time... but I was 5 or 6 at the time.
I loved Dr. Frank, but his numbers do not compare favorably with Milt's.
Plum still is our career leader in Passer Rating for QBs with 50 or more starts for us. He never again had the supporting cast he had in Cleveland. I did not understand the trade to Detroit at the time... but I was 5 or 6 at the time.
I loved Dr. Frank, but his numbers do not compare favorably with Milt's.
Well....unless you like this number: Championships: 1, championship games: 2. Milt had -0-. Interesting question to speculate on though....could Browns have won the title in 1964 with Plum at QB? He, and not Ryan would have had the services of Warfield, Collins, Kelly et al. (Jim Brown did play a lot with him...the others mentioned did not).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login