Case Keenum anyone ?
-
I say yes, get him and still draft White or Lauletta in the 3rd, getting both Barkley and Fitzpatrick in the 1st. Less gamble with Keenum than with any single rookie. We have seen what he can do, and it isn't anything to shrink away from.
So....do you think that Keenum would be a long term answer such that we can pass on a so called franchise QB? I am not that confident of that.
So....do you think that Keenum would be a long term answer such that we can pass on a so called franchise QB? I am not that confident of that.
Probably not but letting Keenum battle Kizer for QB1 would be interesting.......and I'd like to see Dutch go oobatz when they draft a RB and DB in R1 and it all won't cost much.

-
If we are talking about choosing between Keenum and McCarron, here's how I view it:
Keenum
PROS:
- 1 very good regular season
- Experience under different systems in different teams
CONS:
- Arm strenght? He played in a dome when at home last year.
- It's going to take above 10millions to bring him for sure.
McCarron:
PROS:
- Played under Hue's system
- Knows the AFC North
- Cheap. 5 millions at most?
CONS:
- Very little experience as starter.
The way I view it, both can be said that benefitted of a good cast around them when they played at the top of their game, so for me Keenum is a safer bet than McCarron. He played very well last year and in some games he did quite spectacular stuff. McCarron when Dalton got injured? Not so much. He did OK, but Keenum carried that offense at some times last season and pulled great plays. He might not have a great arm, but he could be labelled at least as a serviceable QB.
The thing is more about the money. If I were Dorsey, I would try to pay a lot for a 2 year contract with Keenum, so we get our bridge quaterback with a lot of guaranteed money. That way, you take a huge impact in the salary cap for these 2 years, but I don't see us coming anywhere near of spending all the cap in that span of time. If we had problems with next year's cap, then I'd be scared as Sheet because that would mean that in 2021 we would be already cutting or trading good players, and I don't see us with a SB ring by then.
-
Well.....there will be numerous options besides Keenum and McCarron....as has been pointed out here and elsewhere.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login