Let use our heads not our emotions.
-
Since when did the Browns put you in charge of the draft?
They didn’t...but I could’ve done a better job of drafting than the last couple of guys.
They didn’t...but I could’ve done a better job of drafting than the last couple of guys.
Probably True.
-
Darnold started playing QB his sophomore year of high school.
Rosen has almost as many turnovers as darnold, his team just recovered more of his 8 fumbles.
People like Darnold because while he’s raw at the position, he displays the mental aspect that’s needed to play Qb. He feels pressure well, can diagnose where the ball needs to go and has good accuracy and ball placement despite questionable mechanics. While he does have a long throwing motion, he can still get the ball out quickly when he needs to. According to interviews he has been working on his footwork and keeping both hands on the ball until he throws it. Private workouts will be a big part of the process for all QBs involved.
I think what concerns me is Darnold's propensity to throw stupid passes. Double coverage, triple coverage, whatever. And it wasn't just an occasional issue....it was prevalent. I also admit to judging Darnold rather harshly because of his last game against Ohio State, and that might not be fair, but he did have a real stinker. Darnold can learn to work on footwork and holding the ball, but I gotta tell ya, many of his fumbles came from him not feeling pressure.
Obviously much of what you said is true, or else these analysts wouldn't have Darnold listed as such a high prospect. And I've got nothing against the kid, but to me, if he is going to be good, it's not going to be a quick process. We suffered through an entire year of bad decision making by our QB. Darnold made many of the same mistakes Kizer did in college, so I'm just not sure why it would be different in the pros.
I'm definitely not blind to Darnold's gifts. He's got moxie, grit, playmaking potential, a solid arm, good size, supposedly a terrific personality and character. I love his mobility and his ability to make plays outside the pocket. For me, I'm just very hung up on Baker Mayfield. Do you guys remember the two biggest knocks on Drew Brees coming out of college? I remember people kept saying he was too small and he didn't have the arm to throw past 15 yards. He was basically deadly on the short stuff, and people questioned if he could accurately push the ball down the field. I think those questions have now been answered. I see a lot of Brees in Baker Mayfield, and Baker's fire and determination make him the kind of guy I want in Cleveland.
I think what concerns me is Darnold's propensity to throw stupid passes. Double coverage, triple coverage, whatever. And it wasn't just an occasional issue....it was prevalent. I also admit to judging Darnold rather harshly because of his last game against Ohio State, and that might not be fair, but he did have a real stinker. Darnold can learn to work on footwork and holding the ball, but I gotta tell ya, many of his fumbles came from him not feeling pressure.
Obviously much of what you said is true, or else these analysts wouldn't have Darnold listed as such a high prospect. And I've got nothing against the kid, but to me, if he is going to be good, it's not going to be a quick process. We suffered through an entire year of bad decision making by our QB. Darnold made many of the same mistakes Kizer did in college, so I'm just not sure why it would be different in the pros.
I'm definitely not blind to Darnold's gifts. He's got moxie, grit, playmaking potential, a solid arm, good size, supposedly a terrific personality and character. I love his mobility and his ability to make plays outside the pocket. For me, I'm just very hung up on Baker Mayfield. Do you guys remember the two biggest knocks on Drew Brees coming out of college? I remember people kept saying he was too small and he didn't have the arm to throw past 15 yards. He was basically deadly on the short stuff, and people questioned if he could accurately push the ball down the field. I think those questions have now been answered. I see a lot of Brees in Baker Mayfield, and Baker's fire and determination make him the kind of guy I want in Cleveland.
I think that the Ohio State game was a positive for Darnold in some respects. The Ohio State defense made USC look like a high school team. That d line was eating their lunch all day and winning the line of scrimmage consistently. Darnold still managed to make some serious NFL level plays even while being under constant pressure. I also feel like he does feel pressure well in the pocket and his ability to extend the play and make quick decisions when the pocket is collapsing is one of his strongest traits.
-
I'll go no further than the thread title...
Which made me laugh my butt off...
I love y'all, but there's 3 posters here that have rational football analysis. Rest of you are either to stupid or too emotional to even read.
I'll go no further than the thread title...
Which made me laugh my butt off...
I love y'all, but there's 3 posters here that have rational football analysis. Rest of you are either to stupid or too emotional to even read.
Its not the emeat its the emotion.......that makes your baby want to rock.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login