Skip to content

Trading down

The Browns Board
45 20 1.4k
  • I understand people not wanting to trade down, but people act like trading down is a TERRIBLE thing or never works. The pick that everyone is saying get this or that elite player at #4 (Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, etc) is the result of... YEP A TRADE DOWN. This is what drives me crazy. Everyone will complain when the trade happens, but it worked out GREAT last year. Exactly what elite player were the Browns getting at #12 Last year besides Watson (Who got hurt). And they also got Njoku or Peppers from it. 

    So while I would be 99.9% positive the Browns aren't getting 12,22,53,56 and White, just say they do get AT LEAST 12 and 22, that means they got 12, 22, and 27 for the 12th pick. And if they dont make a trade, then they got #4 for #12. Seems pretty good to me

  • The trade down also cost them Wentz too. At some point you need to pick players and at #4 we will at a minimum have out pick of the #2 non-QB player in this draft, possibly #1. If we trade back we lose out on that. We need to start putting some blue chip players on this team. And if we do trade back there is no reason for us to drop back 8 plus spots.

  • Pick #1 - Your favorite QB  (from the beginning I've wanted the QB with the best mechanics)

    Pick #4 - I think they only trade out if Chubb and Barkley are gone....but maybe they like Fitzpatrick.  (although I prefer offense...Cubb with Garrett and Ogbah might be able to seriously inhibit our opponents passing attack) 

  • Chad Forbes@NFLDraftBites
    Heard from multiple folks after #Browns go QB 1st Overall and Chubb/Barkley/Denzel 4th Overall... They'll trade back into Rd1 with #Seahawks. Rumors this time of Yr are everywhere, but I've been hearing this one since before combine... Seahawks only pick in Top 120 is 18th.

    To get #18 the Browns would likely have to give up #33+#64.  Unless a guy like Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Davenport, Vea, Ward, Minkah ect fall to #18, I don't want.

    Hoping for #4 to the QB needy Bills for #12+#22+#56.

    @jimbojones said:

    To get #18 the Browns would likely have to give up #33+#64.  Unless a guy like Tremaine Edmunds, Derwin James, Davenport, Vea, Ward, Minkah ect fall to #18, I don't want.

    I think it would cost more than two seconds to get back up to 18.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just curious, but what is Minkah Fitzpatrick's potential fatal flaw Tour? IMO Fitpatrick might be about as "safe" pick there is in this draft.

    First... fatal in terms of not being elite... in terms of not being worth a high first.

    In Minkah's case it is insufficient burst... I think it shows in his first steps and, maybe more importantly as indicated by is sub-average 33" vertical, his ability to compete for the high pass.

  • The trade down also cost them Wentz too. At some point you need to pick players and at #4 we will at a minimum have out pick of the #2 non-QB player in this draft, possibly #1. If we trade back we lose out on that. We need to start putting some blue chip players on this team. And if we do trade back there is no reason for us to drop back 8 plus spots.

    @runyon27 said:

    The trade down also cost them Wentz too. At some point you need to pick players and at #4 we will at a minimum have out pick of the #2 non-QB player in this draft, possibly #1.

    Pretty sure that point is our first pick this year. I love it when folks haul out Wentz as if he was a sure thing. This just in... he's still not a sure thing.

    As for the top or second non-QB... are you sure either unnamed player's value is greater than the sum of the #12, #22, and #53?