Skip to content

What I would consider a perfect draft

The Browns Board
26 12 1.0k
  •  Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.

    My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.

    ENough of that schidt already.

    @ghoolie said:

     Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.

    My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.

    ENough of that schidt already.

    Now, where in that post shows me you were all about Barkley at #1 when his name never even surfaced?    You wanted a QB first.  Not much different than the year Zeke Elliott came out - when you wanted Paxton Lynch with our 2nd overall pick (prior to us trading it).  

  •  Nobody on Earth knows who the next star will be. Some kids come out of nowhere (Brady) and some top picks just never pan out. There are so many variables in this event that picking accurately really is beyond human skill. How the hell can you judge what another person will do given any set of circumstances? SO here we are, beating the schidt out of each other with our personal ideas of what is best.

    My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini....I really don't give a schidt. But for once, stand your ground Browns and go after players who are expected to be game changers. I really don't hate Garrett, I do hate Coleman, but neither of those guys was worthy of their draft position. The Browns need people who can light it up, now. This building a foundation and amassing assets has been a freaking disaster for the Browns. I would rather see them reach for the stars ( no pun intended) and picks busts, than I would seeing them trade down and watch yet another team get great players with our draft picks.

    ENough of that schidt already.

    @ghoolie said:

     My hope is that we take a big shot on one of the best QB prospects, and then don't trade #4 down. That's all. Draft Rosen, Allen, Houndini...

    Wait what? How far can Barkley throw and hit JG in stride? ?

    You know Tom as we get older the brain tends to fart more often and we forget what we said. It's not a lie, just a brain fart. I had one someone called me on here a few months back. I'd just forgotten is all. No sin.?

  • This doesn't contradict what I said. Shortly after that post,  it was revealed that the Giants were not going to take a QB. That said, things changed. We no longer needed to take a QB at #1  #1 to get one of the top 3.  Since there was no clear advantage to any of the big 3, as long as we got one, we were good. Had the NYG been in the market for a QB, at 4 the top 3 would likely have been gone.

  • This doesn't contradict what I said. Shortly after that post,  it was revealed that the Giants were not going to take a QB. That said, things changed. We no longer needed to take a QB at #1  #1 to get one of the top 3.  Since there was no clear advantage to any of the big 3, as long as we got one, we were good. Had the NYG been in the market for a QB, at 4 the top 3 would likely have been gone.

    @ghoolie said:

    it was revealed that the Giants were not going to take a QB. That said, things changed. We no longer needed to take a QB at #1  #1 to get one of the top 3.  Since there was no clear advantage to any of the big 3, as long as we got one, we were good. Had the NYG been in the market for a QB, at 4 the top 3 would likely have been gone.

    There was no guarantee that the Giants were not going to take a QB.  Also,  Mayfield's agent revealed afterwards that if the Browns didn't select him at #1 then the Patriots were trading with the Giants to select him.  -  Or perhaps the Giants trade with someone else.  Just before the draft the Card's called Dorsey and said that if Mayfield was there at #4 then they would trade with us to draft him.....but ONLY if he was available.

    We (you) can believe what we want of that stuff....but the bottom line is and was, that we lost 16 straight football games in 2017 because we couldn't throw a TD pass.  They took what they felt was the best QB in the draft class.  That's what I wanted them to do (except I was hoping for Darnold or Rosen...but that's neither here nor there for the present time).   Is he the correct QB choice?  We'll be finding that out over time.  One thing I know for sure, Barkley probably wasn't going to be throwing many td's for us.  

  • So yu make my point even more. At 4  2 of the 3 better QBs would still be there.

  • So yu make my point even more. At 4  2 of the 3 better QBs would still be there.

    @ghoolie said:

    So yu make my point even more. At 4  2 of the 3 better QBs would still be there.

    We don't know that, here in July 2018.  Because we don't know how good any of 'em are yet.