Baker Mayfield Thread
-
I also posted this on one of the other Baker Mayfield threads. Somebody else might have it up here too.
WSS
-
I know I know, I should just swallow the Sheet show that was the draft and pull out the yearly "these guys are really doing it" cowpoop and get the excuses all geared up for Budweiser Mayfield, right? I'm not into make believe. The dudes a piece of trash and the #1 pick was yet again wasted by yet another in a long line of ex coffee fetchers shipped off to Cleveland.
I know I know, I should just swallow the Sheet show that was the draft and pull out the yearly "these guys are really doing it" cowpoop and get the excuses all geared up for Budweiser Mayfield, right? I'm not into make believe. The dudes a piece of trash and the #1 pick was yet again wasted by yet another in a long line of ex coffee fetchers shipped off to Cleveland.
No, not at all. You should just leave as it's clear this place isn't for you. There was exactly 0 that was productive in your post and it's not like anyone cares what you think or swallow.
-
Baker Mayfield's agent: Patriots were going to move up to No. 2 to draft QB if Browns hadn't taken him
https://search.app.goo.gl/xeBkC
Shared from my Google feed
Not sure if the same graphic will pop up as it was on my Google feed but that particular photo showed a smiling Bill Belichick...
Conspiracy? I report, you decide.
WSS
I hope you Baker Backers are right, I really do. When we drafted him I had the same sick feeling in my stomach when we drafted Weeden
Baker isn't Weeden. Brandon only tried football when he knew he couldn't cut it in baseball.
Baker Mayfield's agent: Patriots were going to move up to No. 2 to draft QB if Browns hadn't taken him
https://search.app.goo.gl/xeBkC
Shared from my Google feed
Not sure if the same graphic will pop up as it was on my Google feed but that particular photo showed a smiling Bill Belichick...
Conspiracy? I report, you decide.
WSS
Currently drafted players have little or no leverage on their rookie contracts... I seriously doubt Mayfield would pull a Joey Bosa scenario haggling about off set language....
-
I hope you Baker Backers are right, I really do. When we drafted him I had the same sick feeling in my stomach when we drafted Weeden
Baker isn't Weeden. Brandon only tried football when he knew he couldn't cut it in baseball.
Baker Mayfield's agent: Patriots were going to move up to No. 2 to draft QB if Browns hadn't taken him
https://search.app.goo.gl/xeBkC
Shared from my Google feed
Not sure if the same graphic will pop up as it was on my Google feed but that particular photo showed a smiling Bill Belichick...
Conspiracy? I report, you decide.
WSS
Currently drafted players have little or no leverage on their rookie contracts... I seriously doubt Mayfield would pull a Joey Bosa scenario haggling about off set language....
Baker isn't Weeden. Brandon only tried football when he knew he couldn't cut it in baseball.
* Currently drafted players have little or no leverage on their rookie contracts... I seriously doubt Mayfield would pull a Joey Bosa scenario haggling about off set language....
* One of the results and lessons learned from Ryan Leaf and others. Big rookie signing bonuses and ask veteran linemen to take freezes or cuts.
Is it just me or is there still a fair amount of quarterback uncertainty in the NFL and maybe more to come in upcoming years?
-
2018 NFL Draft First-Round Rookie Salary Projections: What Mayfield, Barkley And Darnold Will Make
The first round of the 2018 NFL draft has come to a conclusion, and we can now begin to project the salaries for this year's crop of rookies. In a night with few surprises, the biggest winner was without question Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Baker Mayfield, the No. 1 overall pick, who will earn approximately $32,993,327 over his rookie contract with the Cleveland Browns, including a $22,185,523 signing bonus.
Running back Saquon Barkley of Penn State, who was drafted second, by the New York Giants, will make similar money: a projected $31,647,174 overall, including a $21,086,526signing bonus. Quarterback Sam Darnold, the former Southern California standout, will make approximately $30,685,571 on his rookie deal with the New York Jets after being chosen third. Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen went seventh to the Bills and stands to make $21,481,462 on his rookie deal in Buffalo.
Compensation for 2018 NFL rookies is based on two factors: the league's salary sap and its rookie compensation pool. The NFL's salary cap (based on the terms negotiated in the 2011 collective bargaining agreement) is expected to be approximately $177.2 million per team in 2018 (an increase of 6% over 2017) for a league-wide salary distribution of approximately $5.7 billion. The second, more significant factor, is the rookie compensation pool, which puts limitations on the total amount teams can spend on a rookie's first-year salary and the total four-year contract........CONTINUED IN LINK.......
-
Hue Jackson commits to Tyrod Taylor as Browns' starter after Baker Mayfield impresses
https://search.app.goo.gl/5a7a3
Shared from my Google feed
-
There are 7 games at the start of the season that could build some winning momentum. The first 2 being the toughest Pitt. & at Nawlins..than Jets,at Oak.,Ratbirds,LAC,at TB. Win-able gets tough 3 weeks before the Bye.At Pitts.KC,ATL..After Bye week we have only 2 Home games..tough road ahead.At Cinn.,At Houston,Car.At Denver,Cinn.,At Ravens..Tyrod usually plays up to his best against the Jets..If the staff thinks Baker is ready? Oakland's Black Hole, sounds like a Baker Mayfield 2nd half comeback winning spot.. Gumnac
-
Browns' Baker Mayfield does extra work under center
https://search.app.goo.gl/kBELH
Shared from my Google feed
-
I wonder if in the history of the NFL if there's ever a first round pick who looked bad during the rookie non-contact camp a week after the draft?
-
Im hoping mayfield becomes solid, but I dont have super high expectations.....if he becomes prime jeff garcia, Ill be happy.
-
I wonder if in the history of the NFL if there's ever a first round pick who looked bad during the rookie non-contact camp a week after the draft?
I wonder if in the history of the NFL if there's ever a first round pick who looked bad during the rookie non-contact camp a week after the draft?
Ryan Leaf? He was yawning after they signed him.

-
-
That’s weird that you follow this. So weird.
-
That’s weird that you follow this. So weird.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

