Baker Mayfield Thread
-
Sure......and hopefully not also becoming a polyglot.
-
Would it make you happy if centigrade thermostats were fractional? Sheeze, fixed in your ways. Below 10C, it's getting chilly, over 30C getting hot. Metric weights are much more precise than the archaic 16 ounces to a pound. 1,000 grams to a kilogram. 28 grams to an ounce. If you ever bother to look at your pill bottles, they're already in milligrams 1\1,000th of a gram, so you've been using metric for years. Ditto on booze. Everyone knows what a 750ml bottle looks like, so big hardship selling gas by the liter. Gas stations would love it- 75 cents a liter, looks way cheaper.

Really, having everything based on multiples of 10 is a lot easier, you just need to put in the minimal effort to get used to it.
I remember I think it was back in the 70's where the USA was going to go metric. They started putting up Kilometer signs on the highways, etc. Then they stopped. I don't see any need to go metric. I believe England isn't metric either.
I remember I think it was back in the 70's where the USA was going to go metric. They started putting up Kilometer signs on the highways, etc. Then they stopped. I don't see any need to go metric. I believe England isn't metric either.
It's half and half over here. All shops/ stores had to switch to kg/g a number of years ago. All road signs and car speedometers are in miles and mph, weather reports are in celsius/centigrade but when discussing the weather people generally go with Fahrenheit for warm temperatures and celsius for cold

-
And now back on topic- sort of. Caught up on my backlog of pre draft stuff, and saw this on NBC as part of their top qb prospects. If the media portrays Baker as a flag plantin', crotch grabbin', drunk jerk- this sort of stuff never hits the air waves. Fortunately, it was on YouTube also. My opinion of him as a person went up about 1,000% after seeing this. Brought a tear to my eye.....
And now back on topic- sort of. Caught up on my backlog of pre draft stuff, and saw this on NBC as part of their top qb prospects. If the media portrays Baker as a flag plantin', crotch grabbin', drunk jerk- this sort of stuff never hits the air waves. Fortunately, it was on YouTube also. My opinion of him as a person went up about 1,000% after seeing this. Brought a tear to my eye.....
Well done Hoorta. Believe it or not, this story was featured at the Heisman Trophy presentation show back in December.
-
I haven't quite gone full Renaissance man yet. When I can write in Latin with my right hand, and in French with my left.....both at the same time, then may I will reach full Rennaissance man status.

That's ok, you're still our resident barrister, fact finder and accomplished wordsmith.
That's ok, you're still our resident barrister, fact finder and accomplished wordsmith.
And for those of us that don't always GET IT the first time we read something - Gips' Smart Phone understands this and adds an echo to every statement he types. And of course if the Smart Phone has a Smart User - he gives the message board all the credit for the twin statements...
-
Sure......and hopefully not also becoming a polyglot.
We're gunn'a need more Baker's in The Land!!
-
Sure......and hopefully not also becoming a polyglot.
Is this a projection of what Josh Rosen's beak will look like after he pisses off the wrong guys? Don't worry - Matt Leinart used to be a Cardinal too.
-
Is this a projection of what Josh Rosen's beak will look like after he pisses off the wrong guys? Don't worry - Matt Leinart used to be a Cardinal too.
-
The Mackenzie Asher/Baker Mayfield story hits me in a very strange spiritual way. First, I raised 3 daughters through dance classes. Those kids become tight family members of your own at times..My youngest daughter(now 22), is now teaching the same dance classes with her favorite kid dance member named MacKenzie..This MacKenzie lost both her parents due to a car accident driving to see their daughters dance competition in Myrtle Beach on her 9th Birthday
..MacKenzie lost her real parents that day,but she soon learned, she would never have to walk alone without them..Secondly, I lost my Mom to Leukemia Cancer in March of 2012.A young 72. I witnessed her last battles of a 2 year fight at St.Charles Hospital in Toledo. Doc's felt like she would be going home with my 2 sisters and some home medical visits. So I left my Mom in good spirits in a Peyton Hillis Jersey. With her sitting up eating hospital food, stating these potatoes suck
. Within a week of returning to NC, I got the sister call that the shingles maybe just as worse as the kimoe ..Happy Mothers Day Momma D! Maybe one day the freckled faced 11 year old Angel MacKenzie Asher & Angel Momma D. can hook up to Watch Baker Mayfield win us a Super Bowl..Squeeze your MaMa today..or your just might miss it
.
-
I remember I think it was back in the 70's where the USA was going to go metric. They started putting up Kilometer signs on the highways, etc. Then they stopped. I don't see any need to go metric. I believe England isn't metric either.
I would just say if we're selling something to the EU, it better have metric parts. Metric is already in general use in science and medicine, MHO is eventually the rest of the country will catch up.

-
That's ok, you're still our resident barrister, fact finder and accomplished wordsmith.
And for those of us that don't always GET IT the first time we read something - Gips' Smart Phone understands this and adds an echo to every statement he types. And of course if the Smart Phone has a Smart User - he gives the message board all the credit for the twin statements...
And for those of us that don't always GET IT the first time we read something - Gips' Smart Phone understands this and adds an echo to every statement he types. And of course if the Smart Phone has a Smart User - he gives the message board all the credit for the twin statements...
What? You don't like to double up? Then don't call these ladies:

-
Call me when the NFL decides to convert its field and everything else to meters.
Ha, and what's the #1 sport in the world? Hint, it's not NFL football. It's the other football, with a pitch (field for those soccer hatas) laid out in meters.

-
Call me when the NFL decides to convert its field and everything else to meters.
Ha, and what's the #1 sport in the world? Hint, it's not NFL football. It's the other football, with a pitch (field for those soccer hatas) laid out in meters.

Ha, and what's the #1 sport in the world? Hint, it's not NFL football. It's the other football, with a pitch (field for those soccer hatas) laid out in meters.

And who here gives a flying bicycle kick about futbol.
Call me when you can no longer buy a gallon of gas or a gallon of milk.
And call me when The Who comes out with a song titled: I Can see for Kilometers and Kilometers.

Oh...but you know who would like the metric system: Product producers. Because they can fake you out by giving you less product for more money simply by using the metric system. Just like this drink bottle I have on my desk. Instead of a 20 OZ bottle, they give me a 500 ML bottle (which comes out to 16.9 OZ...meaning they give 3 OZ less for the same of more money.
-
-
Ha, and what's the #1 sport in the world? Hint, it's not NFL football. It's the other football, with a pitch (field for those soccer hatas) laid out in meters.

And who here gives a flying bicycle kick about futbol.
Call me when you can no longer buy a gallon of gas or a gallon of milk.
And call me when The Who comes out with a song titled: I Can see for Kilometers and Kilometers.

Oh...but you know who would like the metric system: Product producers. Because they can fake you out by giving you less product for more money simply by using the metric system. Just like this drink bottle I have on my desk. Instead of a 20 OZ bottle, they give me a 500 ML bottle (which comes out to 16.9 OZ...meaning they give 3 OZ less for the same of more money.
And who here gives a flying bicycle kick about futbol.
Call me when you can no longer buy a gallon of gas or a gallon of milk.
And call me when The Who comes out with a song titled: I Can see for Kilometers and Kilometers.

Oh...but you know who would like the metric system: Product producers. Because they can fake you out by giving you less product for more money simply by using the metric system. Just like this drink bottle I have on my desk. Instead of a 20 OZ bottle, they give me a 500 ML bottle (which comes out to 16.9 OZ...meaning they give 3 OZ less for the same of more money.
Thanks for just sticking your foot in mouth. 500 ml is better than a 16 oz Us pint. Liter bigger than a US quart. Continue on, dinosaur.
Let me know when the world TV rankings for the Super Bowl equal the World Cup final.
-
And who here gives a flying bicycle kick about futbol.
Call me when you can no longer buy a gallon of gas or a gallon of milk.
And call me when The Who comes out with a song titled: I Can see for Kilometers and Kilometers.

Oh...but you know who would like the metric system: Product producers. Because they can fake you out by giving you less product for more money simply by using the metric system. Just like this drink bottle I have on my desk. Instead of a 20 OZ bottle, they give me a 500 ML bottle (which comes out to 16.9 OZ...meaning they give 3 OZ less for the same of more money.
Thanks for just sticking your foot in mouth. 500 ml is better than a 16 oz Us pint. Liter bigger than a US quart. Continue on, dinosaur.
Let me know when the world TV rankings for the Super Bowl equal the World Cup final.
Thanks for just sticking your foot in mouth. 500 ml is better than a 16 oz Us pint. Liter bigger than a US quart. Continue on, dinosaur.
Let me know when the world TV rankings for the Super Bowl equal the World Cup final.
Did you not read what I said? Instead of giving us a 20 oz bottle of Coke, they are giving a 500 ml bottle...which is LESS product....for the same or greater price.
So...if you are such into metrics, tell us the length in metric numbers of the length and weight of the blade of a guillotine. After all....the guys that put that to use are the ones who pushed the metric system.
As for the World Cup? Its a nice little thing. Doesn't compare to the ratings of the Super Bowl. Not in this country. I would still rather have the US win the Olympic Gold, even in soccer.
And, like I said, call me when the NFL begins to measure the field in metric terms. That is when I will say that the metric fairies have won.
-
As I sit here and watch some videos on Baker Mayfield, the inevitable comparison of Russell Wilson continued to show up. The funny thing about Wilson is that he was pretty much awesome forever...at 2 different schools. As an FSU grad and avid FSU fan, I saw Russell Wilson torture us for years, and was all too happy to see him go to Wisconsin. Then he goes up north and kicks more butt, and STILL the guy doesn't get drafted until the 3rd round. I was SCREAMING to draft this guy...in the FIRST ROUND...let alone the freaking third. Height really doesn't matter, I wonder when NFL people will figure it out.
I don't see TOO much Wilson in Baker Mayfield, but I guess I see a little (the comparison I'd make is to a better Jeff Garcia). Wilson is much faster and more slippery...by a solid margin...but Baker might be a better pure thrower of the football. Both loved playing baseball, but obviously only Wilson was drafted to go pro. Both qb's attributed their ability to alter throwing angles to baseball, and that's necessary if you're shorter than most. But to me, the largest difference between the two is Wilson was used to pro style offense and being under center. That's a huge deal, ESPECIALLY if you're a little shorter because the shotgun is a great equalizer. It gives you instant separation from the defense and natural sight lines, opposed to taking snaps and getting as much space as possible.
Much has been said about the fact Baker only had about 2 passes batted down, and some of that is due to the vision provided by the shotgun formation, but the other factor is Baker's innate sense of timing that lets him pass the ball safely through tight windows. He's also not afraid to put more arc on the ball, even on the short stuff. For example, the first play of the game against some team they eradicated, Baker takes the snap and doesn't see anybody. The RB eventually releases through the line, to the left flat. If Baker threw it right away (RB was open) there's a great chance the DT swats it down. What's Baker do? He waits that split second which allows the RB to clear, and lobs a perfect short pass IN STRIDE for a sizable gain. How many times did Kizer flub that up? Remember that short pass to Duke Johnson that was picked off? Yes, there was likely several, but this one in particular had Duke open, Kizer throwing high (shocking), Duke getting a paw on it and knocking it to a defender for a HUGE turnover.
There are multiple differences between Kizer and Baker, maybe none larger than the ability to throw a freaking fade route. Do you guys remember the first 10 games of the year when we CONTINOUSLY banged our balls against the wall by throwing incomplete fade after fade. I don't think ANY of them worked...like...none. Baker deftly throws the fade, and our guys are going to love it.
-
-
Baker Mayfield on Josh Rosen's '9 mistakes' remarks: 'You don't want to be scripted like that'
https://search.app.goo.gl/6ADgW
Shared from my Google feed
-
Baker Mayfield on Josh Rosen's '9 mistakes' remarks: 'You don't want to be scripted like that'
https://search.app.goo.gl/6ADgW
Shared from my Google feed
Baker Mayfield on Josh Rosen's '9 mistakes' remarks: 'You don't want to be scripted like that'
https://search.app.goo.gl/6ADgW
Shared from my Google feed
LOL, didn't Johnny say I'm gonna wreck this (CFL) league? We'll see in around 5-10 years who is right.
-
Baker Mayfield suffers some hard knocks in first open Browns OTA
https://search.app.goo.gl/dVQRA
Shared from my Google feed
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

