Skip to content

Baker Mayfield Thread

The Browns Board
976 82 48.5k 1
  • Baker owns Cowturd ......

  • Baker owns Cowturd ......

    @darren15 said:

    Baker owns Cowturd ......

    Fuck him! Fuck those that pay attention to him. Fuck promoting him. 

  • @darren15 said:

    Baker owns Cowturd ......

    Fuck him! Fuck those that pay attention to him. Fuck promoting him. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Fuck him! Fuck those that pay attention to him. Fuck promoting him. 

    This. All of this. 

    Anyway, I heard another stat, but I can't seem to find the documentation, but apparently Baker Mayfield lead the NFL in red zone efficiency. Think about what that means. We literally went from worst to first in a HUGELY important category, and to have it done by a rookie is almost unthinkable. Rookie QBs ALWAYS struggle in the red zone. Just crazy. I think Mayfield has 20 TD passes and zero picks in red zone. Yo. 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Fuck him! Fuck those that pay attention to him. Fuck promoting him. 

    This. All of this. 

    Anyway, I heard another stat, but I can't seem to find the documentation, but apparently Baker Mayfield lead the NFL in red zone efficiency. Think about what that means. We literally went from worst to first in a HUGELY important category, and to have it done by a rookie is almost unthinkable. Rookie QBs ALWAYS struggle in the red zone. Just crazy. I think Mayfield has 20 TD passes and zero picks in red zone. Yo. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This. All of this. 

    Anyway, I heard another stat, but I can't seem to find the documentation, but apparently Baker Mayfield lead the NFL in red zone efficiency. Think about what that means. We literally went from worst to first in a HUGELY important category, and to have it done by a rookie is almost unthinkable. Rookie QBs ALWAYS struggle in the red zone. Just crazy. I think Mayfield has 20 TD passes and zero picks in red zone. Yo. 

    I’ve seen that as well. He hits the Redzone and punches it. Others tend to ride the brakes. He’s all about the TDs 

  • Fans started a go fund me account to raise money and pay that chickenshit fine that was levied on Baker. Plenty of money was raised too. And Baker promptly donated that money to charity. Classy, all the way around 

  • Google this...... Lt. Baker Mayfield

    your eyeballs will thank you

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    I actually agree with fining him. That stuff has no place in the game of football. Act like a professional. I do commend him for giving the GoFundMe money to charity though. 

    You certainly have a hard on for Baker.   You must be one of Hue's kids or did he take the girl you liked in high school or something? 

  • Kill that troll

    See the source image

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    I actually agree with fining him. That stuff has no place in the game of football. Act like a professional. I do commend him for giving the GoFundMe money to charity though. 

    Rivers has earned that though with years of elite play. Baker has yet to earn that.  Right now he just looks like an arrogant little shit. If you want to be a cocky guy like Rivers or Rodgers your play needs to back it up first. 

    Someone still has to explain what is lewd about that gesture that is being made in front of his own coach with his back essentially to the field.  I have been around longer than most of you and have been exposed to my share of lewd gestures, but this is one I am just not familiar with.

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    Nah nothing like that. I don't know him in real life. The reasons for me not being crazy about him are clearly stated in the thread you got locked. 

    If you're really a Browns fan (which I highly doubt) its going to be a rough bunch of years for you then because it doesn't look like Baker is going anywhere for a long time.     But I'll address (again) your claim that he plays bad against good defenses.   Only 2 QB's threw for over 300 yards agains the Ravens this season and the QB you hate did it twice.

  • either IP dox this guy or just admit which one of you is funnin around. Not a single actual browns fan of any type is lamenting the drafting of the best rookie QB campaign in the history of the NFL. One of you really has nothin better to do?

  • either IP dox this guy or just admit which one of you is funnin around. Not a single actual browns fan of any type is lamenting the drafting of the best rookie QB campaign in the history of the NFL. One of you really has nothin better to do?

    @clevfan4life said:

    either IP dox this guy or just admit which one of you is funnin around. Not a single actual browns fan of any type is lamenting the drafting of the best rookie QB campaign in the history of the NFL. One of you really has nothin better to do?

    I don't have the power to do that or I would.  

  • Just don't play ... Sandbox gets lonely by yourself

  • I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

  • I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I personally don't care for Baker Mayfield. A little too frat boy dbag for my taste.

    But you know what? I'm sure glad the Browns have him. 

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

    @nero said:

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

  • @nero said:

    I am the kind of guy who prefers players that speak on the field. So Baker can be a bit "cocky" or whatever, but he plays ball.

    Also, I think that with the recent history of the Browns, probably the organization needed something more than only a "good player" to turn things around. Maybe you don't want a guy who starts fires, but sometimes that is what it takes to make people around you move.

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

    Most every great player has a bit of a chip on their shoulder.   Some cover it up better than others and in time Baker might cover his up more as well.  But for now as long as he's winning, I could care less what he does on the field as long as it doesn't hurt the team.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If there was a youth minister who played QB for the Browns as well as Mayfield did in the past, but they still lost constantly, I'd see the correlation between his "chip on his shoulder that makes him great" and winning. ?

    Most every great player has a bit of a chip on their shoulder.   Some cover it up better than others and in time Baker might cover his up more as well.  But for now as long as he's winning, I could care less what he does on the field as long as it doesn't hurt the team.

    @mark-o said:

    Most every great player has a bit of a chip on their shoulder.   Some cover it up better than others and in time Baker might cover his up more as well.  But for now as long as he's winning, I could care less what he does on the field as long as it doesn't hurt the team.

    And there's a reason why I don't bring up what I think about Mayfield. I've enjoyed watching him, enjoyed watching the Browns this season, and frankly enjoyed seeing other Browns fans having fun being Browns fans again.  

  • Baking up Turnovers said:

    I actually agree with fining him. That stuff has no place in the game of football. Act like a professional. I do commend him for giving the GoFundMe money to charity though. 

    You certainly have a hard on for Baker.   You must be one of Hue's kids or did he take the girl you liked in high school or something? 

    @mark-o said:

    You certainly have a hard on for Baker.   You must be one of Hue's kids or did he take the girl you liked in high school or something? 

    In regard to Baking up Turnovers, Mayfield had a pretty good td\int ratio, especially for a rookie. Yo, CleveFan he's on my radar, 90% of Baking is 1\2 baked, and it's already been shot down. Isn't getting the message apparently. 

    @mark-o said:

    I don't have the power to do that or I would. 

    I do Mark, and if he keeps it up, he's going to get kicked off for a week...  You just don't come barging in here spewing crap about a guy who's up for Rookie of the Year, just because you don't like his past or attitude. Make that moxie. Only reason I didn't delete the original thread out of hand is because, well- everyone is entitled to an opinion- regardless of how far fetched.  Yo Baking- you want to rag? Pick an easier target like Jamie Collins. 

    Remember Ghoolie's flamebaiting "Art Modell is a great man"? I don't have a big enough handle on this guy yet to banish him as a troll.  If he turns out to be a one trick pony, it will come to pass- trust me.   

  • I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post  is a troll. 😉