Baker Mayfield Thread
-
I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post is a troll.

I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post is a troll.

Like I posted- if that's all he's got- h'es going to be gone in a hurry.
-
Are you saying Baker is good? Must of missed that as I was so focused on the defense. ?
-
I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post is a troll.

I highly doubt a guy decides to come on a Browns message board, come up with the handle "Baking up Turnovers", trashes the Browns selection of Baker Mayfield - who had one of the best rookie seasons by a QB in NFL history - with his first post is a troll.

Maybe he just fucked up and thought this was the barbershop page where they swap recipes.
WSS
-
lol... this is hilarious...
Meanwhile...
Baker is PFF's OROTY and ROTY...
Quarterback
Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns
Mayfield was named our Offensive and overall Rookie of the Year for his efforts in turning the Cleveland Browns franchise around after a 0-16 season a year ago. Mayfield was not without his tribulations this season, but he was clearly the most dominant rookie quarterback in some time.

-
Baking up Turnovers said:
Tell you what, of Baker closes up the turnover bakery and plays better football next season, I will request the admins change it to something more accurate.
You must have hated that Peyton Manning rookie season with 28 or whatever interceptions.
You're clearly just a troll since you continue to ignore the fact that he's one of only two QB's to throw for over 300 yards against the #1 ranked defense in the NFL. How does that fit your claim that he plays lousy against good defenses? Last chance before you end up in the ignore bin till Larry boots your sorry ass for being lame.
-
that should end the trolling.
maybe.
Nov 13, 2018 - Baker Mayfield is coming off of his most impressive victory as an NFL quarterback, and Cleveland Browns great Joe Thomas believes it's a sign ...Nov 14, 2018 - Cleveland Browns legend Joe Thomas said it's clear the franchise made the right decision to select Baker Mayfield over fellow quarterback ... -
lol... this is hilarious...
Meanwhile...
Baker is PFF's OROTY and ROTY...
Quarterback
Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns
Mayfield was named our Offensive and overall Rookie of the Year for his efforts in turning the Cleveland Browns franchise around after a 0-16 season a year ago. Mayfield was not without his tribulations this season, but he was clearly the most dominant rookie quarterback in some time.

lol... this is hilarious...
Meanwhile...
Baker is PFF's OROTY and ROTY...
Quarterback
Baker Mayfield, Cleveland Browns
Mayfield was named our Offensive and overall Rookie of the Year for his efforts in turning the Cleveland Browns franchise around after a 0-16 season a year ago. Mayfield was not without his tribulations this season, but he was clearly the most dominant rookie quarterback in some time.
But but but but but....colin cowhead doesn't like him or his personality so he must suck right? Skip Blowme has been saying for years that Lebron is over rated and he's on tv so it must be true right???
Finally have a QB who wins games and this is how the offseason starts?
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
You're putting too much stock into yards. Passer rating and TD/INT ratio are much better indicators of how a QB is really playing. In 2 games he had 4 touchdowns 4 picks and an 80.4 rating. Not very good in today's game where all the rules favor the offense.
And yet only one other QB did it all season so I guess all the QB's that the Ravens faced suck right?
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
Wow finally someone who gets it. Baker has duped most everyone in The Land and the country. Good thing there's a few folks like you, me and Colin Cowherd who still see things the way they truly are.
Now I know you're really out to lunch if you believe that crap Cow-pie is spewing about Baker. In his one interview with Cow-pie, Mayfield ripped Colon's ass off and handed it back to him.
The sooner you realize Cowherd is essentially a flamebaiting jackass throwing shit out there to get people pissed off, you'll be better for it. Can't tell you how happy I am not having to listen to his spew on ESPN anymore. In case you didn't know it, he got fired there.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
The first Ravens game went for 5 quarters so that inflated his stats. He baked up one pick and had only 1 touchdown and put up only 12 points in 5 quarters. 79.1 rating. Not really impressive.
Last game he baked up 3 more picks and lost. 81.7 rating.
You're putting too much stock into yards. Passer rating and TD/INT ratio are much better indicators of how a QB is really playing. In 2 games he had 4 touchdowns 4 picks and an 80.4 rating. Not very good in today's game where all the rules favor the offense.
I suppose you loved Deshone Kizer. Choir boy. Could not play
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
Wow finally someone who gets it. Baker has duped most everyone in The Land and the country. Good thing there's a few folks like you, me and Colin Cowherd who still see things the way they truly are.
Now I know you're really out to lunch if you believe that crap Cow-pie is spewing about Baker. In his one interview with Cow-pie, Mayfield ripped Colon's ass off and handed it back to him.
The sooner you realize Cowherd is essentially a flamebaiting jackass throwing shit out there to get people pissed off, you'll be better for it. Can't tell you how happy I am not having to listen to his spew on ESPN anymore. In case you didn't know it, he got fired there.
Now I know you're really out to lunch if you believe that crap Cow-pie is spewing about Baker. In his one interview with Cow-pie, Mayfield ripped Colon's ass off and handed it back to him.
The sooner you realize Cowherd is essentially a flamebaiting jackass throwing shit out there to get people pissed off, you'll be better for it. Can't tell you how happy I am not having to listen to his spew on ESPN anymore. In case you didn't know it, he got fired there.
Baker set a league record for touchdown passes by a rookie, and he did it 14.5 games. The previous record holders played 15 and 16 I believe. Additionally, he was only sacked 5 times in his last 7 or 8 games. Obviously some of that is a testament to his offensive line, but it's also an indication of knowing his offense, progressing through reads, and getting the ball out quickly. Furthermore, Baker Mayfield threw 20 touchdown passes in the red zone and had ZERO interceptions. Think about THAT for a moment. And he was either ranked 1 or 2 in red zone efficiency in the LEAGUE, so if a person wants to speak negatively about Baker Mayfield, that's fine, but they're just going to look foolish.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
The first Ravens game went for 5 quarters so that inflated his stats. He baked up one pick and had only 1 touchdown and put up only 12 points in 5 quarters. 79.1 rating. Not really impressive.
Last game he baked up 3 more picks and lost. 81.7 rating.
You're putting too much stock into yards. Passer rating and TD/INT ratio are much better indicators of how a QB is really playing. In 2 games he had 4 touchdowns 4 picks and an 80.4 rating. Not very good in today's game where all the rules favor the offense.
No, not impressive stats there, but you are cherry picking, albeit in part in response to points raised by others. To this narrow discussion I'd only add that the 1st outing was under the old regime behind an OL that had yet to gel neither protecting Baker (5 sacks) nor establishing a run game (112 yd of which 23 were by Baker). Sacks were eliminated in Week 17, but run game was stuffed for less than half of the first game's total.
All this is anecdotal.
The season as a whole paints a better picture and in that picture Baker looks better with essentially a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, more or less the NFL QB Mendoza line, and a 93.7 rating. But as others have written what really pops are his red zone stats... a 66.7% completion rate (good to tie for 4th best among league starters) and a 20:0 TD:INT ratio (good for a T-2 with Cousins behind only Brees).
In the end the only thing that matters is his growth. And while "past performance is no guaranty of future returns"... or so my broker tells me... breaking Baker's 13 starts in half give cause for optimism...
Games 1 - 6 produced: 10 TD 5 INT, 21 sacks, 142 of 242 = 58.7%
Games 8-13 produced: 14 TD 7 INT , 3 sacks , 134 of 201 = 66.7%
FYI his omitted 7th game was vs. ATL where he wasn't sacked, completed 85% of his passes and posted 3 TD and 0 INT. I saw it's omission as a simple simplification to yield 6 game chunks each of which included 3 games against quality Defenses (BLT-LAC-PTG vs. HOU-CAR-BLT).
Less anecdotal, but still a small sample size so it's hardly ironclad and of course there are other factors, e.g., emergence of Chubb, addition of Perriman, Schobert's injury.
Lots more data to come...
FWIW.... I agree with you that some of Baker's antics need to go, but love the fire and trust that maturation will send them packing in time.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
Eh Cowherd is much better than most radio personalities. He's one of the few who I actually enjoy. Also he wasn't fired from ESPN. He left there for FS1. He explained this on the air when he first got there.
I explained it differently. Are you calling me a liar? I’m calling your Colin a liar! Why you ask. Because he is the biggest bald faced liar on the air. Fuck him Fuck his sponsers, and most of all Fuck you for listening to that little cocksucker!
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
You seem upset.
Not at all. It’s more of a Catch 22 kind of thing. Just informing you that your brain cavity is fecal city man. And you’re a liar for suggesting that your from Cleveland.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
Eh Cowherd is much better than most radio personalities. He's one of the few who I actually enjoy. Also he wasn't fired from ESPN. He left there for FS1. He explained this on the air when he first got there.
Call it what you want, he was pulled off the air, and his contract wasn't renewed, for all intents and purposes essentially fired. Sounds like Hue Jackson's 3-36-1 "it wasn't my fault. "
Hey, some people enjoy reality crap like Real Housewives on Bravo too. Takes all kinds.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
You seem upset.
Most guys here are pretty upset you're chooing to bash the most exciting player the Browns have had since- Bernie Kosar.
You mentioning a nobody to date like Mason Rudolph when discussing ROTY Mayfield well sort of shows you're living in some alternate reality- like Cow-pie. He's been dead wrong about Baker, and now he's doubling down on his POV.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
That's not what Cowherd himself said and I think he knows more about it than you.
He's definitely entertaining but I just don't like some of the amateur nonsense he pulls. I'm surprised this many of my fellow Browns fans are fine with it though. I also think in the long run that Darnold and Rosen will be better and Jackson and Allen could potentially be as well. We had the number 1 overall pick. The motive is to pick the BEST QB not just a good QB and I think Dorsey failed at that. Only time will tell if I'm right.
But you started out saying that you’re from Cleveland. I still say that you’re nothing but a chicken shit liar.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
1) That's not what Cowherd himself said and I think he knows more about it than you.
2) He's definitely entertaining but I just don't like some of the amateur nonsense he pulls. I'm surprised this many of my fellow Browns fans are fine with it though. I also think in the long run that Darnold and Rosen will be better and Jackson and Allen could potentially be as well. We had the number 1 overall pick. The motive is to pick the BEST QB not just a good QB and I think Dorsey failed at that. Only time will tell if I'm right.
1) LOL, no possibility Cowherd was spinning a tale to paint himself in the best possible light? Just like Hue?
2) The odds are about 100:1 you're wrong about most of them, and I'd bet the ranch you're dead wrong about at least one. Darnold is the only other one I've seen that's shown "potential franchise savior" so far. If you can't see that yet in Mayfield sorry, you're f**king blind. Rosen (because of his injuries and series of concussions) and Jackson (because of his propensity to run) are candidates for early trips to IR. Allen is showing the same flaws why I didn't want him- piss poor accuracy.
Baker's in the process of collecting a truckload of rookie honors, (MHO the best rookie season since Marino, and Dan had a Super Bowl level cast around him). If you want to project somehow he's going to fall off, and the other guys in this qb class are going to surpass what he's already done, dream on.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
1) That's not what Cowherd himself said and I think he knows more about it than you.
2) He's definitely entertaining but I just don't like some of the amateur nonsense he pulls. I'm surprised this many of my fellow Browns fans are fine with it though. I also think in the long run that Darnold and Rosen will be better and Jackson and Allen could potentially be as well. We had the number 1 overall pick. The motive is to pick the BEST QB not just a good QB and I think Dorsey failed at that. Only time will tell if I'm right.
1) LOL, no possibility Cowherd was spinning a tale to paint himself in the best possible light? Just like Hue?
2) The odds are about 100:1 you're wrong about most of them, and I'd bet the ranch you're dead wrong about at least one. Darnold is the only other one I've seen that's shown "potential franchise savior" so far. If you can't see that yet in Mayfield sorry, you're f**king blind. Rosen (because of his injuries and series of concussions) and Jackson (because of his propensity to run) are candidates for early trips to IR. Allen is showing the same flaws why I didn't want him- piss poor accuracy.
Baker's in the process of collecting a truckload of rookie honors, (MHO the best rookie season since Marino, and Dan had a Super Bowl level cast around him). If you want to project somehow he's going to fall off, and the other guys in this qb class are going to surpass what he's already done, dream on.
1) LOL, no possibility Cowherd was spinning a tale to paint himself in the best possible light? Just like Hue?
2) The odds are about 100:1 you're wrong about most of them, and I'd bet the ranch you're dead wrong about at least one. Darnold is the only other one I've seen that's shown "potential franchise savior" so far. If you can't see that yet in Mayfield sorry, you're f**king blind. Rosen (because of his injuries and series of concussions) and Jackson (because of his propensity to run) are candidates for early trips to IR. Allen is showing the same flaws why I didn't want him- piss poor accuracy.
Baker's in the process of collecting a truckload of rookie honors, (MHO the best rookie season since Marino, and Dan had a Super Bowl level cast around him). If you want to project somehow he's going to fall off, and the other guys in this qb class are going to surpass what he's already done, dream on.
He’s just a upset stool fan. One in New Castle was gonna kill him self by jumping out his basement window. But they talked him up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
