Baker Mayfield Thread
-
By going to Taco Bell...I learned what “No más” means.
Taco, enchillada, you're learning. Este burrito es muy caliente. "this burrito is very hot."
Now Mr. Trivia Expert- let me tell you a little inside (spanish) joke- that I learned in my HS spanish class. LOL, you're old enough to remember the original Lone Ranger TV show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Well, "Kimo sabe" is bad Indian spanish for "quien no sabe" (he) who does not know. "Tonto" is silly, or stupid- take your pick.
Would never fly in this day of political correctness.....
Taco, enchillada, you're learning. Este burrito es muy caliente. "this burrito is very hot."
Now Mr. Trivia Expert- let me tell you a little inside (spanish) joke- that I learned in my HS spanish class. LOL, you're old enough to remember the original Lone Ranger TV show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Well, "Kimo sabe" is bad Indian spanish for "quien no sabe" (he) who does not know. "Tonto" is silly, or stupid- take your pick.
Would never fly in this day of political correctness.....
I'm certainly no expert...hell, I thought Taco Bell was a Mexican phone company!
-
Or...maybe he should just speak fucking English?

No hablo ingle's! Solamente Tejano! ?
http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/No hablo ingles. Solamente Tejano.
No hablo ingle's! Solamente Tejano! ?
http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/No hablo ingles. Solamente Tejano.
And now you are trying to pimp out anyone from a certain ethic background? I will be in Texas in Mid-ish Feb. I would not advocate that you try to smuggle your Mexican whores across the border.
-
By going to Taco Bell...I learned what “No más” means.
Taco, enchillada, you're learning. Este burrito es muy caliente. "this burrito is very hot."
Now Mr. Trivia Expert- let me tell you a little inside (spanish) joke- that I learned in my HS spanish class. LOL, you're old enough to remember the original Lone Ranger TV show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Well, "Kimo sabe" is bad Indian spanish for "quien no sabe" (he) who does not know. "Tonto" is silly, or stupid- take your pick.
Would never fly in this day of political correctness.....
Taco, enchillada, you're learning. Este burrito es muy caliente. "this burrito is very hot."
Now Mr. Trivia Expert- let me tell you a little inside (spanish) joke- that I learned in my HS spanish class. LOL, you're old enough to remember the original Lone Ranger TV show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Well, "Kimo sabe" is bad Indian spanish for "quien no sabe" (he) who does not know. "Tonto" is silly, or stupid- take your pick.
Would never fly in this day of political correctness.....
So...you are saying that Kemo Sabe is basically calling someone "Dumbass" and calling someone Tonto is calling someone a "Dork"?
Then how do you explain this:
-
Taco, enchillada, you're learning. Este burrito es muy caliente. "this burrito is very hot."
Now Mr. Trivia Expert- let me tell you a little inside (spanish) joke- that I learned in my HS spanish class. LOL, you're old enough to remember the original Lone Ranger TV show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Well, "Kimo sabe" is bad Indian spanish for "quien no sabe" (he) who does not know. "Tonto" is silly, or stupid- take your pick.
Would never fly in this day of political correctness.....
So...you are saying that Kemo Sabe is basically calling someone "Dumbass" and calling someone Tonto is calling someone a "Dork"?
Then how do you explain this:
So...you are saying that Kemo Sabe is basically calling someone "Dumbass" and calling someone Tonto is calling someone a "Dork"?
Then how do you explain this:
Obviously some idiot with a degree from Trump University came up with the name. ?
-
So...you are saying that Kemo Sabe is basically calling someone "Dumbass" and calling someone Tonto is calling someone a "Dork"?
Then how do you explain this:
Obviously some idiot with a degree from Trump University came up with the name. ?
Obviously some idiot came up with the name. ?
So...when John Dorsey called Baker "Kemosabe".....he really was making a disparaging comment about him?
-
Obviously some idiot came up with the name. ?
So...when John Dorsey called Baker "Kemosabe".....he really was making a disparaging comment about him?
So...when John Dorsey called Baker "Kemosabe".....he really was making a disparaging comment about him?
Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid.
As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.
I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.
-
So...when John Dorsey called Baker "Kemosabe".....he really was making a disparaging comment about him?
Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid.
As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.
I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.
Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid.
As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.
I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.
Whatever you say.....kemosabe
-
In Apache/Navaho blended families, Kemosabe means........"BUDDYBOY!", only spoken while chewing gum.
Mike
-
You guys been watching the litany of Mayfield highlight videos on YouTube? I don't think I get tired of watching them, haha. Baker kind of got screwed in that Tampa Bay game. I forgot we were down 14 in the freaking 4th quarter, and Baker shook off a rather poor performance to lead us into OT, where we'd lose for a variety of reasons (Peppers fumble, Bucs' 59 effing yard FG). And don't forget that 40 yard run he had, lol. That was terrific.
I can watch that football fly out of his hand all day, and I'm always amazed at how accurate his passes are and how receivers generally don't have to make adjustments to catch it. Not always of course, but going from Kizer to Baker is like listening to a game on radio, then watching the game on HD flat-screen. Something else that was truly amazing was how our receivers got better at catching the ball. I think we still ranked towards the bottom in drop rate, but our drops definitely got better in the 2nd half of the year. The one that haunts me is the ball bounced off Landry's helmet for a possible 95 yard TD. Immediately after the refs took away the TD from Peppers by blowing it dead.
I was a little shocked to see Bob Wylie released, and part of Baker's success obviously came from the OL. The same can be said for the OL's success, as Baker has exceptional pocket feel and is adept at releasing the ball quickly when need be, but I was still shocked to see Wylie go when his unit obviously performed well. I've said it a few times, but the job Greg Robinson did for us simply cannot be understated. Taking over the job after an illness to Desmond Harrison, recovering from off-season injuries, and essentially trying to fill the void left by a legend Joe Thomas can't be easy. And while Greg wasn't perfect and definitely cost us with his unnecessary penalties, these are all things that can be coached.
Finding LT's ain't easy folks, and don't even look at the free agent class. Go back and watch all the highlights you can of our team if you don't have access to the games, and focus on Robinson. It's amazing to see his progression as the year went on. He's big, he's fast, he's very strong, and now his confidence is starting to show up. He's a free agent, but I'd guess he ain't going anywhere. Oh, and Baker likes him, which isn't the be-all, end-all, but it can't hurt!
-
You guys been watching the litany of Mayfield highlight videos on YouTube? I don't think I get tired of watching them, haha. Baker kind of got screwed in that Tampa Bay game. I forgot we were down 14 in the freaking 4th quarter, and Baker shook off a rather poor performance to lead us into OT, where we'd lose for a variety of reasons (Peppers fumble, Bucs' 59 effing yard FG). And don't forget that 40 yard run he had, lol. That was terrific.
I can watch that football fly out of his hand all day, and I'm always amazed at how accurate his passes are and how receivers generally don't have to make adjustments to catch it. Not always of course, but going from Kizer to Baker is like listening to a game on radio, then watching the game on HD flat-screen. Something else that was truly amazing was how our receivers got better at catching the ball. I think we still ranked towards the bottom in drop rate, but our drops definitely got better in the 2nd half of the year. The one that haunts me is the ball bounced off Landry's helmet for a possible 95 yard TD. Immediately after the refs took away the TD from Peppers by blowing it dead.
I was a little shocked to see Bob Wylie released, and part of Baker's success obviously came from the OL. The same can be said for the OL's success, as Baker has exceptional pocket feel and is adept at releasing the ball quickly when need be, but I was still shocked to see Wylie go when his unit obviously performed well. I've said it a few times, but the job Greg Robinson did for us simply cannot be understated. Taking over the job after an illness to Desmond Harrison, recovering from off-season injuries, and essentially trying to fill the void left by a legend Joe Thomas can't be easy. And while Greg wasn't perfect and definitely cost us with his unnecessary penalties, these are all things that can be coached.
Finding LT's ain't easy folks, and don't even look at the free agent class. Go back and watch all the highlights you can of our team if you don't have access to the games, and focus on Robinson. It's amazing to see his progression as the year went on. He's big, he's fast, he's very strong, and now his confidence is starting to show up. He's a free agent, but I'd guess he ain't going anywhere. Oh, and Baker likes him, which isn't the be-all, end-all, but it can't hurt!
You guys been watching the litany of Mayfield highlight videos on YouTube? I don't think I get tired of watching them, haha. Baker kind of got screwed in that Tampa Bay game. I forgot we were down 14 in the freaking 4th quarter, and Baker shook off a rather poor performance to lead us into OT, where we'd lose for a variety of reasons (Peppers fumble, Bucs' 59 effing yard FG). And don't forget that 40 yard run he had, lol. That was terrific.
I can watch that football fly out of his hand all day, and I'm always amazed at how accurate his passes are and how receivers generally don't have to make adjustments to catch it. Not always of course, but going from Kizer to Baker is like listening to a game on radio, then watching the game on HD flat-screen. Something else that was truly amazing was how our receivers got better at catching the ball. I think we still ranked towards the bottom in drop rate, but our drops definitely got better in the 2nd half of the year. The one that haunts me is the ball bounced off Landry's helmet for a possible 95 yard TD. Immediately after the refs took away the TD from Peppers by blowing it dead.
I was a little shocked to see Bob Wylie released, and part of Baker's success obviously came from the OL. The same can be said for the OL's success, as Baker has exceptional pocket feel and is adept at releasing the ball quickly when need be, but I was still shocked to see Wylie go when his unit obviously performed well. I've said it a few times, but the job Greg Robinson did for us simply cannot be understated. Taking over the job after an illness to Desmond Harrison, recovering from off-season injuries, and essentially trying to fill the void left by a legend Joe Thomas can't be easy. And while Greg wasn't perfect and definitely cost us with his unnecessary penalties, these are all things that can be coached.
Finding LT's ain't easy folks, and don't even look at the free agent class. Go back and watch all the highlights you can of our team if you don't have access to the games, and focus on Robinson. It's amazing to see his progression as the year went on. He's big, he's fast, he's very strong, and now his confidence is starting to show up. He's a free agent, but I'd guess he ain't going anywhere. Oh, and Baker likes him, which isn't the be-all, end-all, but it can't hurt!
We gotta keep what we have thats good and add more to it...
-
CONGRATS BAKER ....Professional Writers Of America

-
So...when John Dorsey called Baker "Kemosabe".....he really was making a disparaging comment about him?
Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid.
As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.
I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.
Maybe John doesn't know much if any Spanish. Or you've got a lot to learn about the pro game kid.
As a kid, I took that as a way you'd talk among friends, when all along it was an inside joke with the Ranger and his faithful Indian sidekick calling each other dumbasses.
I may have to pull up a few episodes for a trip down memory lane. My great grandmother used to love watching stuff like that, though she knew maybe 10 words of english.
Mexican word of the day: chicken finger
My girlfriend say she no longer need me chicken finger herself.
-
Fined $10,026 for a “lewd gesture”, that’s over $5k for each testicle. . .
Fined $10,026 for a “lewd gesture”, that’s over $5k for each testicle. . .
Per who you believe
..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still
"winning"!! https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/
-
Watching some of his early pre-season stuff and finally some of the tape from the last couple games of the regular season - one of the things I drilled home was Baker's need to improve his ball fake. Not only from the extension itself but the footwork coupled with it.
Week 1 out the gate, from his first play. The two handed grasp, the questionable footwork coming from under center, the poor extension... the attention to detail is what makes good become great. In this clip, Baker was nothing near great in that regard.
Last home game.
Go to 1:31 for me and freeze it. The footwork from his initial step has shortened, it's tighter, good plant and a quick, deliberate turn... notice the one arm and full extension? THAT is development right there. THAT is how you sell a ball fake. The devil is in the details, my friends. Baker can still change some things from his initial step, speed and shoulder drop. But from pre-season to the final home game, you see improvement with the little things that help you become a better QB.
-
Fined $10,026 for a “lewd gesture”, that’s over $5k for each testicle. . .
Per who you believe
..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still
"winning"!! https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/
Per who you believe
..PFT is reporting fine reduced on appeal to $1700.00 bucks..MKC is reporting reduced on appeal to just over $2000.00 bucks..Baker Mayfield still
"winning"!! https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/18/report-baker-mayfield-has-fine-reduced-to-1700/
According to ESPN he appealed his fine to the NFL, and it was reduced to $1700. (which is still too much)
-
Bullshit, h...
He can still run down the field, jumping and yelling and clapping, in celebration of a TD pass...
He can still "jaw" with defenders in the moment after a big hit or nearly missed one...
That's the good stuff. That's how he channels 95+% of his emotion as it is.
Just can the brat-shit. That last couple percent will never be missed.
LOL, are you sure you're not related to Colin Cowherd somehow? I'm positive if you took a poll of Browns fans, that opinion would be way in the minority. We just have a different opinion of what's acceptable on field behavior Tour. Bratty? Well, he's our brat. When he starts kicking guys like Suh did, you've got something to complain about.
-
By going to Taco Bell...I learned what “No más” means.
Taco, enchillada, you're learning. Este burrito es muy caliente. "this burrito is very hot."
Now Mr. Trivia Expert- let me tell you a little inside (spanish) joke- that I learned in my HS spanish class. LOL, you're old enough to remember the original Lone Ranger TV show with Clayton Moore and Jay Silverheels. Well, "Kimo sabe" is bad Indian spanish for "quien no sabe" (he) who does not know. "Tonto" is silly, or stupid- take your pick.
Would never fly in this day of political correctness.....
Taco, enchillada, you're learning. Este burrito es muy caliente. "this burrito is very hot."
I don't want to be a grammar nazi but maybe someone is interested:
English native speakers usually make the same mistake: it is "este burrito ESTÁ muy caliente". We have two different verbs, ser and estar, in substitution of the english to be.
If I had to explain it simply, Ser defines a permanent quality, mostly used for people/animals or global attributes (a film is good, una película ES buena, a person who is good ES buena), whereas Estar defines a temporal quality/situation. This explaination is partial but may work for you.
The burrito is hot but it is not inherently hot, because it could be cold, so estar it is.
If I'm ill I'll say "ESTOY enfermo" because I'm not always ill, etc.
-
just on fox pre game they had a segment with cooper manning of course in a kitchen so cooper ask's baker if he likes kitchens and he replied I love kitchens and then something about jackson and baker replied anything is better than hue I mean you so cooper ask's baker to grab those nut's and baker replied that the nfl doesn't like that
-
That was funny. He is doing allot of shows.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
