Skip to content

Revisionist History

The Browns Board
25 11 753
  • Since I already started this thread and it goes along with it:

    I have seen all the meaning about Ward over Chubb. I get it he was rated higher, but I just wonder how many people would have been groaning had the Browns taken Chubb that there wasn't a corner, or even more that the Browns wasted another high pick since they got Ogbah replacement? 

    As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.

    Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @gunz41 said:

    Since I already started this thread and it goes along with it:

    I have seen all the meaning about Ward over Chubb. I get it he was rated higher, but I just wonder how many people would have been groaning had the Browns taken Chubb that there wasn't a corner, or even more that the Browns wasted another high pick since they got Ogbah replacement? 

    As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.

    Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 

    Or just maybe they want him as the RT as they move Coleman to LT?

  • @gunz41 said:

    Since I already started this thread and it goes along with it:

    I have seen all the meaning about Ward over Chubb. I get it he was rated higher, but I just wonder how many people would have been groaning had the Browns taken Chubb that there wasn't a corner, or even more that the Browns wasted another high pick since they got Ogbah replacement? 

    As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.

    Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 

    Or just maybe they want him as the RT as they move Coleman to LT?

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @texasag1969 said:

    Or just maybe they want him as the RT as they move Coleman to LT?

    Might be, just heard some talking about getting a G when they already have 2 good ones. It's about 14 hrs since the pick, no reason to say its terrible right now

  • Since I already started this thread and it goes along with it:

    I have seen all the meaning about Ward over Chubb. I get it he was rated higher, but I just wonder how many people would have been groaning had the Browns taken Chubb that there wasn't a corner, or even more that the Browns wasted another high pick since they got Ogbah replacement? 

    As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.

    Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @gunz41 said:

    Since I already started this thread and it goes along with it:

    1. As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.
    2. Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 
    1. I see competition at Center with a downside of a 5-position backup. Is that worth the spend of 2.01? Not in my book, but we shall see.
    2. After adding about 10 lb I see Chad Thomas as a rotational 3-tech DT, not a DE. Hubbard and Griffin? Don't think they improved our DE rotation appreciably.
  • @gunz41 said:

    Since I already started this thread and it goes along with it:

    1. As for the Guard pick and wondering why. I dont have any inside knowledge, but maybe the thought process is moving one of the Guards to tackle.
    2. Now as for the DE pick, not a fan of it. I would have taken Sam Hubbard or Griffin 
    1. I see competition at Center with a downside of a 5-position backup. Is that worth the spend of 2.01? Not in my book, but we shall see.
    2. After adding about 10 lb I see Chad Thomas as a rotational 3-tech DT, not a DE. Hubbard and Griffin? Don't think they improved our DE rotation appreciably.
    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tour2ma said:

    1. I see competition at Center with a downside of a 5-position backup. Is that worth the spend of 2.01? Not in my book, but we shall see.
    2. After adding about 10 lb I see Chad Thomas as a rotational 3-tech DT, not a DE. Hubbard and Griffin? Don't think they improved our DE rotation appreciably.

    1. I wasnt advocating him there, my point was that at the time everyone saying it wasnt a great pick as the team already had 2 starting guards, but dont know what the teams plans are.

    2. With where Thomas was taken, I think any of Hubbard, Hurst, or Griffin have more value. I dont see the resistance to the Ward over Chubb pick. 2 years ago the team invested 2.1 I believe in Ogbah, and the team needed DB help. This goes to the whole point of the thread, had the team taken Chubb there would have been those saying well there was another wasted high pick in Ogbah.

    There are those that will complain no matter what the team does, not only just to complain but to not even look at what the idea/plan may be. A team could have JJ Watt and Joey Bosa at DE and Justin Gilbert at CB, and just as an example Myles Garrett may be a better/higher rated player, but Lattimore makes more sense for them. The team thinks that Ogbah can be a good player, no reason to call them stupid for passing Chubb.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25
    1. I did not take the Corbett question as advocating.
    2. Hurst is a different matter as he's a proven inside disruptor.

    Heard an interesting take yesterday. Williams being our DC effectively discounted the value of adding Chubb to Garrett. Williams has always generated Pass pressure via the schemed blitz, so he needs high quality, press coverage CBs more than he needs a DE.