Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by

    We can't judge Manziel based on W-L record moving forward. Our QB play has been solid, despite our record. As a team, they are ranked:

    12th in Yards per game (260.2)

    13th in Passing TDs (16)

    5th in INTs (6)

    11th in Passer Rating (92.9)

    12th in Yards per Attempt

    He will have to continue that level of play while also passing the "eye test" by being able to make some plays out of the pocket. It will also help if he can stay healthy.

    I'm glad they made this decision. It gives me a reason to watch...

  • It's the right call and I'm glad Jimmy, er Mike, pulled the trigger.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    It's the right call and I'm glad Jimmy, er Mike, pulled the trigger.

    Must have been that street person telling Mike "play Johnny" when he stopped for gas. 🙂

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would expect the normal ups and downs with the ups getting better and the downs less of a dip as time on the field increases just like any new starting QB. At least you all now have a better understanding of how hard he tries when placed out there. It is still hard to imagine that he did not fall completely apart after that neck twister. No one would have blamed him for bailing early and often rather than hang in the rest of the day as he did.

    And thank you Josh McCown for coming in her to be the tutor he really needed and the role model for what a QB and a man needs to be in the NFL. Immense respect for how he has handled all of this and done everything possible to get a younger player ready for this time knowing all the while he would be giving up the job. You played far better than any of us expected. And you are a real warrior. Hats off Josh!

    Anyone heard yet if that Squeeler is gonna get fined? looked like a $50k infraction to me. If that had been Brady, it would be a suspension on top of it.

    Ag, if you've been following my posts, I've been saying it was Johnny time for a couple of weeks.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    PFF is garbage.

    You've got zero backing that up. Your words mean nothing.

    Unless and until you show something MORE accurate and MORE applicable than pff's methods, they are correct.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    You've got zero backing that up. Your words mean nothing.

    Unless and until you show something MORE accurate and MORE applicable than pff's methods, they are correct.

    They are so wildly inconsistent with their rankings that is why they are bullshit. I can come up with a system where I throw darts at numbers if that makes you feel better.

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by

    Oh PFF the guys that had Craig Robertson ranked as the NFL 8th best LB a few weeks ago?

  • Oh PFF the guys that had Craig Robertson ranked as the NFL 8th best LB a few weeks ago?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @richiswhere said:

    Oh PFF the guys that had Craig Robertson ranked as the NFL 8th best LB a few weeks ago?

    Aspbergers Joe will ask if you have an alternative system then rub his hands together exactly 3 times.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    It's Showtime Brownies!!! This puts Cleveland on the Big Stage. This is what the NFL wanted, Pettine finally gives Johnny the reigns. Be ready for AROUND-THE-CLOCK-COVERAGE. I'm certainly ready for the NFL to start to allow these officials to call a more Cleveland Friendly game from now on... Like I said... Lights, Camera, Action!

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Why the sudden change of heart? A day ago he wouldnt be starter. I smell sabotage.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    When Josh Gordon comes back next year, Johnny will have his bearings, took his lumps and Good ol' Josh Gordon can run right underneath those bombs ala Antonio Brown. Keep Benji, pick either one of Hawk or Gabe and cut Bowe. Keep Hartline. Pick up another WR threat in the Draft. Get a FB. Tryout Trent Richardson and see where he's at, if he's gotten better we could double-dip in the draft.

  • Why the sudden change of heart? A day ago he wouldnt be starter. I smell sabotage.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Why the sudden change of heart? A day ago he wouldnt be starter. I smell sabotage.

    Maybe the closing of the NFL Investigation without issuing discipline had something to do with it?

  • RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by

    Ok first order of business remove the QB sneak on any short yardage plays from the playbook

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    I am absolutely PUMPED that Johnny is starting but he will have his ups & downs. Hopefully, Fans will understand that & the ups will outweigh the downs. I think we have a QB who will generate a LOT of excitement.

    Mike

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike

    Question....Do we look at trying to get Josh Lenz back off the Texans practice squad? He was sort of "Welker like" in training camp, but what do I know? Any other offensive skill players to look at out there? Chris Matthews maybe???

    Mike

  • I will be reposting this in every single thread where someone asserts that the O line is terrible.

    The O-line is the second best in the league.

    The problem with the run game is not the O line.

    If you think otherwise, you're objectively wrong. If being wrong is your thing, don't change!

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    I will be reposting this in every single thread where someone asserts that the O line is terrible.

    The O-line is the second best in the league.

    The problem with the run game is not the O line.

    If you think otherwise, you're objectively wrong. If being wrong is your thing, don't change!

    Weve given up the most sacks, we can't run the ball, we lead the league in false starts and are like top 5 in holds. PFF cant rate offensive line play obviously.
  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Ya gotta see what you have in Manziel going into the 2016 draft

  • @kvoethe said:

    Why the sudden change of heart? A day ago he wouldnt be starter. I smell sabotage.

    Maybe the closing of the NFL Investigation without issuing discipline had something to do with it?

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Maybe the closing of the NFL Investigation without issuing discipline had something to do with it?

    I was going to post the same thing...you beat me to it.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    Great news! I like Josh but this is what they need to do. Now they move forward and makes some moves and hopefully draft well. Work on one side of the ball and grow from there.

  • Why the sudden change of heart? A day ago he wouldnt be starter. I smell sabotage.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Why the sudden change of heart? A day ago he wouldn't be starter. I smell sabotage.

    I smell the results of Mike having had a talk with Haslam.

  • @d-bone said:

    It's the right call and I'm glad Jimmy, er Mike, pulled the trigger.

    Must have been that street person telling Mike "play Johnny" when he stopped for gas. 🙂

    @texasag1969 said:

    I would expect the normal ups and downs with the ups getting better and the downs less of a dip as time on the field increases just like any new starting QB. At least you all now have a better understanding of how hard he tries when placed out there. It is still hard to imagine that he did not fall completely apart after that neck twister. No one would have blamed him for bailing early and often rather than hang in the rest of the day as he did.

    And thank you Josh McCown for coming in her to be the tutor he really needed and the role model for what a QB and a man needs to be in the NFL. Immense respect for how he has handled all of this and done everything possible to get a younger player ready for this time knowing all the while he would be giving up the job. You played far better than any of us expected. And you are a real warrior. Hats off Josh!

    Anyone heard yet if that Squeeler is gonna get fined? looked like a $50k infraction to me. If that had been Brady, it would be a suspension on top of it.

    Ag, if you've been following my posts, I've been saying it was Johnny time for a couple of weeks.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @hoorta said:

    Must have been that street person telling Mike "play Johnny" when he stopped for gas. 🙂

    Anyone heard yet if that Squeeler is gonna get fined? looked like a $50k infraction to me. If that had been Brady, it would be a suspension on top of it.

    Ag, if you've been following my posts, I've been saying it was Johnny time for a couple of weeks.

    He knows he will be fined and sent tweet out to JM apologizing for his play. JM graciously replied to him, "it's just part of the game". Class responses on both their parts.

    http://fox8.com/2015/11/16/steelers-linebacker-tweets-apology-to-johnny-manziel-for-face-mask-tackle/

    And yes, I know you were wanting the change two weeks ago.

  • I am absolutely PUMPED that Johnny is starting but he will have his ups & downs. Hopefully, Fans will understand that & the ups will outweigh the downs. I think we have a QB who will generate a LOT of excitement.

    Mike

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    Hopefully, Fans will understand that & the ups will outweigh the downs.

    Mike

    you mean the same chance fans will give coaching staffs?

    LOL.

  • @unsympathetic said:

    I will be reposting this in every single thread where someone asserts that the O line is terrible.

    The O-line is the second best in the league.

    The problem with the run game is not the O line.

    If you think otherwise, you're objectively wrong. If being wrong is your thing, don't change!

    Weve given up the most sacks, we can't run the ball, we lead the league in false starts and are like top 5 in holds. PFF cant rate offensive line play obviously.
    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @flyin-j said:

    Weve given up the most sacks, we can't run the ball, we lead the league in false starts and are like top 5 in holds. PFF cant rate offensive line play obviously.

    Reasons have been given as to why the OLine isn't the only requirement to avoiding sacks and a consistent run game.