Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. 31 New Faces

31 New Faces

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
26 Posts 17 Posters 506 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919

    I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

    7moses7 7 Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 1k Posts
    • 248 Reputation
    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

    Really?   You win 4 games in 3 years.  Didn’t see 31 other teams fighting to add these 2 guys to their rosters! 

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • T TexasAg1969

      @clevfan4life said:

      ur all over the place this week gools, gettin off message a bit need to settle urself and get all ur talking points in order again

      I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

      Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 11k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
      #22

      @texasag1969 said:

      I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

      Aggies, he's fooled me and countless others in here too over the years.  The sad reality is he gets way too much attention real life deprives him of when Cleveland loses to the extent rooting for Cleveland to win is an enormous conflict of interest for him.  When we went 10-6 in 2007 - the only time we saw Ghoolie was after Pittsburgh humiliated poor Charlie Frye in the opener.  He threw himself a chest pounding parade that he told us we'd go 0-16 which doesn't reflect a fan wanting his team to win at all.  When we went 10-5 the rest of the way Ghoolie never showed his face or wanted to exchange high 5s with Cleveland fans.  He spent the rest of the year with other ostriches burying their heads in the sand in between watching all the lost episodes of the Mandrell Sisters.

      There's a huge difference between guarded enthusiasm/optimism you and other passionate fans have about our team and a self indulging agenda that exclusively aims to disrespect fans, players, coaches and FO personnel of this franchise. I wish I can say it's only been exclusive to just 1 year but it's been going on since 1999.  I've never read or seen him portraying a guy that really wants this team to win outside of trying to fool and reel in newbies.  When the Browns do win - all the attention he needs goes away like 2007 showed us.  That had to be devastating for him. 

      I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
        • 30k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
        #23

        MACA!

        We ain't real yet...

        But Dorsey has made it his team...

        "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
        mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Tour2maT Tour2ma

          MACA!

          We ain't real yet...

          But Dorsey has made it his team...

          mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
          • 18k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
          #24

          @tour2ma said:

          MACA!

          We ain't real yet...

          But Dorsey has made it his team... <---- ☆

          I think that is the real substory of the 2018 Cleveland Browns season even more than Taylor vs Mayfield or Flash or even Hard Knocks (but that helped).....Dorsey's team, how does it do? Four wins or eight or whatever, do they fight for 60 minutes? 

          GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Z Zombo

            @jiggins7919 said:

            I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

            I think they want to flyers on high upside "experiments" on the bottom of the roster. Remember only 46 guys dress on Sundays, so these bottom of the roster guys aren't expected to do much in 2018, they are flyers on the future.

            However, I too am a little concerned with depth at DE ... Chris Smith is the only veteran backup, then we have the rookie Thomas and the new obiedobie name from the Vikings. But were Nassib and Orchard really that good? Can Smith and these two rookies fill their spot? It probably won't be noticeable ... unless injuries happen.

            Zombo

            jiggins7919 jiggins7919J Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 5k Posts
            • 1k Reputation
            jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
            #25

            Zombo said:

            I think they want to flyers on high upside "experiments" on the bottom of the roster. Remember only 46 guys dress on Sundays, so these bottom of the roster guys aren't expected to do much in 2018, they are flyers on the future.

            However, I too am a little concerned with depth at DE ... Chris Smith is the only veteran backup, then we have the rookie Thomas and the new obiedobie name from the Vikings. But were Nassib and Orchard really that good? Can Smith and these two rookies fill their spot? It probably won't be noticeable ... unless injuries happen.

            Zombo

            I don't think they are "that good" but I do believe they're better than what we got. Orchard was all around the ball in preseason but couldn't seal the deal against mobile qb's. But, then he makes the freaking play of the entire preseason. Can you IMAGINE what picking off a pass and returning it for a TD right before half would do?! And Nassib did alright in the preseason, although not terrific. I don't know man, just seems off to me. I'm willing to bet both guys have jobs soon. 

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • T TexasAg1969

              @clevfan4life said:

              ur all over the place this week gools, gettin off message a bit need to settle urself and get all ur talking points in order again

              I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

              Ghoolie GhoolieG One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
              #26

              @texasag1969 said:

              I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

              I have been hopefull all along, but I also am not going to lose the Ghoolie by drinking a few cups of Kool Aid. THe 2018-19 team is a mixed bag of tricks. Some new talent in the skilled positions which I approve of.

              An offensive line that is not settled? Two points here. It illustrates my slam on Hue and this team that I still feel it is disorganized and without discipline and focus. But also, I can STILL be optimistic because the Offensive Line is the LEAST IMPORTANT COMPONENT of a football team. The reasons for this are because OL are a dime-a-dozen. They are the least talented athletes in all of pro sports. A good OL can be assembled in a matter of days and refined in a matter of weeks. The Steelers and Pats BOTH won SBs with a walk on OL who started. Replacing Joe Thomas with a walk on is perfectly logical and there is every chance that our LT play will be just as good as it has ever been.

              So, reasons to be optimistic, and reasons to be pessimistic. We will know a lot come Sunday night.

              The Cleveland Browns have the hardest hit players in the NFL
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply

              Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

              Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

              With your input, this post could be even better 💗

              Register Login
              Reply
              • Reply as topic
              Log in to reply
              • Oldest to Newest
              • Newest to Oldest
              • Most Votes


              Theme
              • System
              • Light
              • Dark
              The Browns Board Terms Privacy

              The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

              • First post
                Last post
              0
              • Forums
              • Recent
              • Popular
              • Users
              • Donate