Tom's post game synopsis
-
-
Several of us.
tom finger or harry rod Johnson
-
Overall good post and good thread. From the game I really cannot disagree that at least Sunday Tyrod was a run first QB. He was very skittish in the pocket, when he left the pocket he had no intention of passing. His eyes were down the second he left the pocket looking for running lanes. I really see that as the area which I believe would have been drastically different with Mayfield in. He leaves the pocket and has his head up scanning the field looking to make a play. With a leaky O line and the heavens leaking the entire game Ill practice optimism heading into the Saints game. If we see the same type of play from Tyrod I am of the opinion you make the switch to Mayfield prior to the Jets game.
I think our D is legit and is really going to make a name for theirselves this year. Our D will win a few games on its own barring a wake up call to the offense.
-
To continue.
Only a knucklehead could not take note about the excellent play of Garrett and Ward. However, I am not sure that this constitutes that our D is for real. As someone else mentioned, the rain and the " on any given Sunday" phenomenon could certainly have colored our vision. Even if the D is, as some say, for real, that doesn't translate into wins. If the O can't score points and control the clock, any defense is going to become fatigued. That is when mistakes and injuries rear their ugly heads. I am just not sure that the turnover bouquet is something we will see more of, or if it was just an opportunistic accumulation of events for us.
That the Browns are a 9 point underdog Sunday tells me that the people we consider "in the know" don't have the same optimism that many on this board have. I really don't know enough about the Buffalo offensive scheme when Taylor was there, but perhaps it was more conducive to his strengths? Or perhaps Sunday was not much to measure anything? My fear is that the -9 is a signal that everyone is going to follow the Steelers recipe and confuse Taylor with a lot of zone mix-ups and blitzes when you least expect it.
The other thing that bothers me is this business of sitting Mayfield until he is ready. Ready by what measurement? Is there some checklist or task list that he needs to get through? And what about if we do bring him in at say game 6 or 8? Is this current offensive scheme the exact one Mayfield will take over? Is the dink and dump because of Hue. Haley, or is it because of Taylor's limited range of skills?
When Kosar got hurt, our offense played the same aggressive offense with Bernie's back-up. The execution may have not been there, but the offensive strategy was the same....balls to the wall.
Overall, I think this is perhaps the most intriguing season we have had since 1999. A lot of stuff will unfold, I am sure. I hope it is a lot of positive stuff. We will see.
-
To continue.
Only a knucklehead could not take note about the excellent play of Garrett and Ward. However, I am not sure that this constitutes that our D is for real. As someone else mentioned, the rain and the " on any given Sunday" phenomenon could certainly have colored our vision. Even if the D is, as some say, for real, that doesn't translate into wins. If the O can't score points and control the clock, any defense is going to become fatigued. That is when mistakes and injuries rear their ugly heads. I am just not sure that the turnover bouquet is something we will see more of, or if it was just an opportunistic accumulation of events for us.
That the Browns are a 9 point underdog Sunday tells me that the people we consider "in the know" don't have the same optimism that many on this board have. I really don't know enough about the Buffalo offensive scheme when Taylor was there, but perhaps it was more conducive to his strengths? Or perhaps Sunday was not much to measure anything? My fear is that the -9 is a signal that everyone is going to follow the Steelers recipe and confuse Taylor with a lot of zone mix-ups and blitzes when you least expect it.
The other thing that bothers me is this business of sitting Mayfield until he is ready. Ready by what measurement? Is there some checklist or task list that he needs to get through? And what about if we do bring him in at say game 6 or 8? Is this current offensive scheme the exact one Mayfield will take over? Is the dink and dump because of Hue. Haley, or is it because of Taylor's limited range of skills?
When Kosar got hurt, our offense played the same aggressive offense with Bernie's back-up. The execution may have not been there, but the offensive strategy was the same....balls to the wall.
Overall, I think this is perhaps the most intriguing season we have had since 1999. A lot of stuff will unfold, I am sure. I hope it is a lot of positive stuff. We will see.
To continue.
That the Browns are a 9 point underdog Sunday tells me that the people we consider "in the know" don't have the same optimism that many on this board have. I really don't know enough about the Buffalo offensive scheme when Taylor was there, but perhaps it was more conducive to his strengths? Or perhaps Sunday was not much to measure anything? My fear is that the -9 is a signal that everyone is going to follow the Steelers recipe and confuse Taylor with a lot of zone mix-ups and blitzes when you least expect it.
Overall, I think this is perhaps the most intriguing season we have had since 1999. A lot of stuff will unfold, I am sure. I hope it is a lot of positive stuff. We will see.
My thinking about the Browns being serious underdogs Sunday. The Saints lost at home in their home opener against a team they thought they were going to beat. They're POed, and will try and take it out on the Browns. They're one of the NFC Super Bowl contenders. Remember the Vikings- who I will say are a far superior team to the Browns needed one of the biggest miracle plays of all time to beat them in the playoffs last year.
-
To continue.
That the Browns are a 9 point underdog Sunday tells me that the people we consider "in the know" don't have the same optimism that many on this board have. I really don't know enough about the Buffalo offensive scheme when Taylor was there, but perhaps it was more conducive to his strengths? Or perhaps Sunday was not much to measure anything? My fear is that the -9 is a signal that everyone is going to follow the Steelers recipe and confuse Taylor with a lot of zone mix-ups and blitzes when you least expect it.
Overall, I think this is perhaps the most intriguing season we have had since 1999. A lot of stuff will unfold, I am sure. I hope it is a lot of positive stuff. We will see.
My thinking about the Browns being serious underdogs Sunday. The Saints lost at home in their home opener against a team they thought they were going to beat. They're POed, and will try and take it out on the Browns. They're one of the NFC Super Bowl contenders. Remember the Vikings- who I will say are a far superior team to the Browns needed one of the biggest miracle plays of all time to beat them in the playoffs last year.
My thinking about the Browns being serious underdogs Sunday. The Saints lost at home in their home opener against a team they thought they were going to beat. They're POed, and will try and take it out on the Browns. They're one of the NFC Super Bowl contenders. Remember the Vikings- who I will say are a far superior team to the Browns needed one of the biggest miracle plays of all time to beat them in the playoffs last year.
Well, I never gave much to the "this happened last week so this week they are going to be........" line of thinking. I think hungry teams are hungry every game. I mean honestly Hoorts, if this was the case then teams who win one week should be easy to beat the next because they lighten up. I know the Saints are tough, and I am not saying we should be even money or close, but the -9 is a statement that maybe we haven't improved as much as we think. Then again, it will probably take the Browns upsetting a few teams before the line begins to respect us. I hope I am not watching another stink fest Sunday.
-
My thinking about the Browns being serious underdogs Sunday. The Saints lost at home in their home opener against a team they thought they were going to beat. They're POed, and will try and take it out on the Browns. They're one of the NFC Super Bowl contenders. Remember the Vikings- who I will say are a far superior team to the Browns needed one of the biggest miracle plays of all time to beat them in the playoffs last year.
Well, I never gave much to the "this happened last week so this week they are going to be........" line of thinking. I think hungry teams are hungry every game. I mean honestly Hoorts, if this was the case then teams who win one week should be easy to beat the next because they lighten up. I know the Saints are tough, and I am not saying we should be even money or close, but the -9 is a statement that maybe we haven't improved as much as we think. Then again, it will probably take the Browns upsetting a few teams before the line begins to respect us. I hope I am not watching another stink fest Sunday.
Well, I never gave much to the "this happened last week so this week they are going to be........" line of thinking.
It's actually too early in the season for that theory, me thinks. Teams are pretty hungry just to play a real football game right now. As the season wears on then a team who's been winning can certainly fall asleep a bit against a team that looks like they're vying for a top 3 draft pick.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login