Skip to content

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

The Browns Board
853 73 21.3k 2
  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by MDDawg
    #41

    As I commented earlier, kind of saw the writing on the wall and the latest news is that he was late for the Saturday morning meeting. Dropped him and put Callaway on my bench.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #42

    You can take the drugs away from an addict, but you can't take the addict away from the drugs.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Mrs. Wife wants to know why we didn't try to trade him?

    What should I tell her?

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Immediate reaction is he relapsed and tried to play it off as injury. Will be very interested to see how it plays out.

  • So.... Dez?

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @mld-woody said:

    So.... Dez?

    Dez has more options now.  I'm sure he's looking at Seattle and another team now.  

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #46

    He's gonna kill it on the Pats

  • Mrs. Wife wants to know why we didn't try to trade him?

    What should I tell her?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @orion said:

    Mrs. Wife wants to know why we didn't try to trade him?

    What should I tell her?

    Tell her its like trying to trade a car without a battery. It can look really good but they still want to see it start

  • Browns_Fucking_RuleB Browns_Fucking_Rule wrote on last edited by Browns_Fucking_Rule
    #48

    Finally.. maybe we can actually get a team of players who really want to play football

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #49

    Reddit is saying he missed a meeting and blind sided the team on his hammy. It doesn't really add up though, I was hoping there was some inside info in here. I'm hoping the guy didn't relapse, won the generic lottery and maybe Shmucked it again.

  • They are releasing him.....

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @bjh2130 said:

    They are releasing him.....

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000962213/article/browns-to-release-wr-josh-gordon

    Is what it is- what a waste of talent, you used up your final strike Josh.  🙁   

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Can't get more Browns than this, fooking dumpster fire

  • Reddit is saying he missed a meeting and blind sided the team on his hammy. It doesn't really add up though, I was hoping there was some inside info in here. I'm hoping the guy didn't relapse, won the generic lottery and maybe Shmucked it again.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @vagitron said:

    Reddit is saying he missed a meeting and blind sided the team on his hammy. It doesn't really add up though, I was hoping there was some inside info in here. I'm hoping the guy didn't relapse, won the generic lottery and maybe Shmucked it again.

    I saw something about a missed meeting as well. Honestly for him missing a meeting followed by the late hammy report probably means things went south for him again. Sad really. I have to think the team expects a suspension is forthcoming, it not the release makes no sense 

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #53

    He showed up late and was "not himself". They thought he was on something.

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Giants and Colts have the first two waiver claims.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    This is why the Browns will forever be the joke of the NFL ....... cue Pats signing him and then he gets 1000 yds and 12 TD's ......

    Can we pretend Jackson faked an injury and cut him ?

  • Giants and Colts have the first two waiver claims.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @bjh2130 said:

    Giants and Colts have the first two waiver claims.

    I doubt anyone will want him.

  • @vagitron said:

    Reddit is saying he missed a meeting and blind sided the team on his hammy. It doesn't really add up though, I was hoping there was some inside info in here. I'm hoping the guy didn't relapse, won the generic lottery and maybe Shmucked it again.

    I saw something about a missed meeting as well. Honestly for him missing a meeting followed by the late hammy report probably means things went south for him again. Sad really. I have to think the team expects a suspension is forthcoming, it not the release makes no sense 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @jcam222 said:

    I saw something about a missed meeting as well. Honestly for him missing a meeting followed by the late hammy report probably means things went south for him again. Sad really. I have to think the team expects a suspension is forthcoming, it not the release makes no sense 

    That's possible, he had to be on a zero tolerance policy regarding missing a team meeting. But that he had another relapse is likely too.  the Browns have given him every chance in the world to get it together. If he flunks another drug test- he's done for good.  

  • bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    If it was another drug test we will hear that tomorrow at the latest.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Hue Jackson - Statistically the worst coach in the history of the #NFL stays. Josh Gordon - Possibly a top 3 WR talent in this league who we have invested a lot of time into is released due to fibbing about a hamstring injury.

  • This is why the Browns will forever be the joke of the NFL ....... cue Pats signing him and then he gets 1000 yds and 12 TD's ......

    Can we pretend Jackson faked an injury and cut him ?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @darren15 said:

    This is why the Browns will forever be the joke of the NFL ....... cue Pats signing him and then he gets 1000 yds and 12 TD's ......

    Can we pretend Jackson faked an injury and cut him ?

    If he's "clean" he'll never get to the Pats on a waiver claim. If he flunks another drug test, he's gone for at least the rest of the year- go sit on the porch with Justin Blackmon and smoke your life away Josh. Sad, sad, sad.