What if...
-
I wanna go take 3 xanax and sleep till 4. Im pumped for the game. It cant get here soon enough!!!
I wanna go take 3 xanax and sleep till 4. Im pumped for the game. It cant get here soon enough!!!
Dude, I'm glad you're posting more often! You been holding a lot of talent hostage way too long in here. You and Dutch have Ghoolie on prozac and some Dr Frasier Crane's couch belly-up at least once a week.
When I used to get like that above on Sundays - sleeping was impossible. My dad used to say "you have 2 choices: Decaff or Push NY 25 times and I prefer you try both." I used to get way more nervous when the Browns played than when I played because I could at least control how I played.
Those of us that have been fans of this team long enough to remember what used to happen to our GOOD teams that were supposed to win - would end up seeing them getting trounced by someone like a Detroit team on Thanksgiving they should have rat-housed.. We were supposed to get acid reflux AFTER the meal not before it.
One of the reasons Mayfield energized everyone is because he showed teammates if you give him a reasonable amount of effort doing their part - he'd make stuff happen other QBs haven't been able to here. Then it became a SYNERGISTIC effect where guys started digging down just a little bit deeper with effort because Baker's performance rewarded them for doing so. We haven't had any recent examples of responding to a regular season win in September to see if the team can bring the same blue collar play to the whistle mentality. If they show up looking like they remember what it took to beat the Jets - I'll have all the confidence in the world that it doesn't matter how desperate the Raiders are. Winning 2 games in a row after enduring 1-31 football would not suck...
-
Kvoethe.......dude.......you haven't been paying attention to the ghool. Mayfield is the schidt. There is no more "if he plays bad". Bro, when his career.is over, many years from now, you will have a hard time.remembering when he played bad. He has the quickest read and release I jave seen since Fouts or Marino.
The fukcking raiders aren t going to win. You think Williams D is good? Wait till youbsee them with a double digit lead and the rest and adrenaline that comes with watching your O eat the clock .
The Raiders got yo 0-4 and gruden schidts his pants. Now go vote for me.
He definitely does have a quick release, no denying that. He should also have a bit of time, as the Raiders have had some difficulty rushing the QB. I don't see Baker "Struggling" per say, but I also don't think he'll be quite as on fire as last week. Playing on the road typically makes everything harder for QBs, and that crappy field is the pits. I guess I'm just trying to have realistic expectations. One part of me says, "If Baker threw the ball so well last week WITHOUT any practice reps, then surely he plays better THIS week after getting every rep, right?"
But then the other part of me says, "He's a rookie on the road against a desperate team. He's going to take a little step back, which is only normal." I literally can't wait to find out how not only HE plays, but how our entire TEAM plays with Baker at the helm after an emotional victory. Success isn't something we've had to handle in a LONG while, ya know? Will we come out cold like usual? Will we have the same sense of urgency we had against the Jets? I hope so.
Yes, road games can be funny things. Balls don't bounce your way, penalties seem to be more prevalent, and crowd noise can be a problem. One thing is for sure, Baker is definitely used to playing in hostile environments. I think he'll settle right in, relatively quick. Wanna know who might be Baker's best friend today? Duke Johnson. Get Duke involved early and often on some short, easy throws and see if he can get some extra yards. And I hope we run it with Duke multiple times, too.
My biggest concern for Baker and the offense is punching it in while in the red zone. That's generally where rookies struggle, and we saw a little bit of that last week when Baker forced that one pass into the end zone that probably should have been picked off. On that play, our offensive line protected incredibly well, and Baker had time. In fact, if he would have held it a tad longer, he would have seen Higgins flashing open across the middle. But, he got away with it and I'm pretty he'll learn from that near pick.
One thing is for sure, this is as excited as I've been in a long time. No matter what happens in this game, I'm going to be pumped for our future. Haven't felt like this in forever. WOOF WOOF!
He definitely does have a quick release, no denying that. He should also have a bit of time, as the Raiders have had some difficulty rushing the QB. I don't see Baker "Struggling" per say, but I also don't think he'll be quite as on fire as last week. Playing on the road typically makes everything harder for QBs, and that crappy field is the pits. I guess I'm just trying to have realistic expectations. One part of me says, "If Baker threw the ball so well last week WITHOUT any practice reps, then surely he plays better THIS week after getting every rep, right?"
But then the other part of me says, "He's a rookie on the road against a desperate team. He's going to take a little step back, which is only normal." I literally can't wait to find out how not only HE plays, but how our entire TEAM plays with Baker at the helm after an emotional victory. Success isn't something we've had to handle in a LONG while, ya know? Will we come out cold like usual? Will we have the same sense of urgency we had against the Jets? I hope so.
Yes, road games can be funny things. Balls don't bounce your way, penalties seem to be more prevalent, and crowd noise can be a problem. One thing is for sure, Baker is definitely used to playing in hostile environments. I think he'll settle right in, relatively quick. Wanna know who might be Baker's best friend today? Duke Johnson. Get Duke involved early and often on some short, easy throws and see if he can get some extra yards. And I hope we run it with Duke multiple times, too.
My biggest concern for Baker and the offense is punching it in while in the red zone. That's generally where rookies struggle, and we saw a little bit of that last week when Baker forced that one pass into the end zone that probably should have been picked off. On that play, our offensive line protected incredibly well, and Baker had time. In fact, if he would have held it a tad longer, he would have seen Higgins flashing open across the middle. But, he got away with it and I'm pretty he'll learn from that near pick.
One thing is for sure, this is as excited as I've been in a long time. No matter what happens in this game, I'm going to be pumped for our future. Haven't felt like this in forever. WOOF WOOF!
Crowd noise? We'll see how many Raider fans show up today to support their lame duck team.
-
He definitely does have a quick release, no denying that. He should also have a bit of time, as the Raiders have had some difficulty rushing the QB. I don't see Baker "Struggling" per say, but I also don't think he'll be quite as on fire as last week. Playing on the road typically makes everything harder for QBs, and that crappy field is the pits. I guess I'm just trying to have realistic expectations. One part of me says, "If Baker threw the ball so well last week WITHOUT any practice reps, then surely he plays better THIS week after getting every rep, right?"
But then the other part of me says, "He's a rookie on the road against a desperate team. He's going to take a little step back, which is only normal." I literally can't wait to find out how not only HE plays, but how our entire TEAM plays with Baker at the helm after an emotional victory. Success isn't something we've had to handle in a LONG while, ya know? Will we come out cold like usual? Will we have the same sense of urgency we had against the Jets? I hope so.
Yes, road games can be funny things. Balls don't bounce your way, penalties seem to be more prevalent, and crowd noise can be a problem. One thing is for sure, Baker is definitely used to playing in hostile environments. I think he'll settle right in, relatively quick. Wanna know who might be Baker's best friend today? Duke Johnson. Get Duke involved early and often on some short, easy throws and see if he can get some extra yards. And I hope we run it with Duke multiple times, too.
My biggest concern for Baker and the offense is punching it in while in the red zone. That's generally where rookies struggle, and we saw a little bit of that last week when Baker forced that one pass into the end zone that probably should have been picked off. On that play, our offensive line protected incredibly well, and Baker had time. In fact, if he would have held it a tad longer, he would have seen Higgins flashing open across the middle. But, he got away with it and I'm pretty he'll learn from that near pick.
One thing is for sure, this is as excited as I've been in a long time. No matter what happens in this game, I'm going to be pumped for our future. Haven't felt like this in forever. WOOF WOOF!
Crowd noise? We'll see how many Raider fans show up today to support their lame duck team.
-
Kvoethe.......dude.......you haven't been paying attention to the ghool. Mayfield is the schidt. There is no more "if he plays bad". Bro, when his career.is over, many years from now, you will have a hard time.remembering when he played bad. He has the quickest read and release I jave seen since Fouts or Marino.
The fukcking raiders aren t going to win. You think Williams D is good? Wait till youbsee them with a double digit lead and the rest and adrenaline that comes with watching your O eat the clock .
The Raiders got yo 0-4 and gruden schidts his pants. Now go vote for me.
He definitely does have a quick release, no denying that. He should also have a bit of time, as the Raiders have had some difficulty rushing the QB. I don't see Baker "Struggling" per say, but I also don't think he'll be quite as on fire as last week. Playing on the road typically makes everything harder for QBs, and that crappy field is the pits. I guess I'm just trying to have realistic expectations. One part of me says, "If Baker threw the ball so well last week WITHOUT any practice reps, then surely he plays better THIS week after getting every rep, right?"
But then the other part of me says, "He's a rookie on the road against a desperate team. He's going to take a little step back, which is only normal." I literally can't wait to find out how not only HE plays, but how our entire TEAM plays with Baker at the helm after an emotional victory. Success isn't something we've had to handle in a LONG while, ya know? Will we come out cold like usual? Will we have the same sense of urgency we had against the Jets? I hope so.
Yes, road games can be funny things. Balls don't bounce your way, penalties seem to be more prevalent, and crowd noise can be a problem. One thing is for sure, Baker is definitely used to playing in hostile environments. I think he'll settle right in, relatively quick. Wanna know who might be Baker's best friend today? Duke Johnson. Get Duke involved early and often on some short, easy throws and see if he can get some extra yards. And I hope we run it with Duke multiple times, too.
My biggest concern for Baker and the offense is punching it in while in the red zone. That's generally where rookies struggle, and we saw a little bit of that last week when Baker forced that one pass into the end zone that probably should have been picked off. On that play, our offensive line protected incredibly well, and Baker had time. In fact, if he would have held it a tad longer, he would have seen Higgins flashing open across the middle. But, he got away with it and I'm pretty he'll learn from that near pick.
One thing is for sure, this is as excited as I've been in a long time. No matter what happens in this game, I'm going to be pumped for our future. Haven't felt like this in forever. WOOF WOOF!
He definitely does have a quick release, no denying that. He should also have a bit of time, as the Raiders have had some difficulty rushing the QB. I don't see Baker "Struggling" per say, but I also don't think he'll be quite as on fire as last week. Playing on the road typically makes everything harder for QBs, and that crappy field is the pits. I guess I'm just trying to have realistic expectations. One part of me says, "If Baker threw the ball so well last week WITHOUT any practice reps, then surely he plays better THIS week after getting every rep, right?"
But then the other part of me says, "He's a rookie on the road against a desperate team. He's going to take a little step back, which is only normal." I literally can't wait to find out how not only HE plays, but how our entire TEAM plays with Baker at the helm after an emotional victory. Success isn't something we've had to handle in a LONG while, ya know? Will we come out cold like usual? Will we have the same sense of urgency we had against the Jets? I hope so.
Yes, road games can be funny things. Balls don't bounce your way, penalties seem to be more prevalent, and crowd noise can be a problem. One thing is for sure, Baker is definitely used to playing in hostile environments. I think he'll settle right in, relatively quick. Wanna know who might be Baker's best friend today? Duke Johnson. Get Duke involved early and often on some short, easy throws and see if he can get some extra yards. And I hope we run it with Duke multiple times, too.
My biggest concern for Baker and the offense is punching it in while in the red zone. That's generally where rookies struggle, and we saw a little bit of that last week when Baker forced that one pass into the end zone that probably should have been picked off. On that play, our offensive line protected incredibly well, and Baker had time. In fact, if he would have held it a tad longer, he would have seen Higgins flashing open across the middle. But, he got away with it and I'm pretty he'll learn from that near pick.
One thing is for sure, this is as excited as I've been in a long time. No matter what happens in this game, I'm going to be pumped for our future. Haven't felt like this in forever. WOOF WOOF!
he won t struggle. He's the schidt
-
He definitely does have a quick release, no denying that. He should also have a bit of time, as the Raiders have had some difficulty rushing the QB. I don't see Baker "Struggling" per say, but I also don't think he'll be quite as on fire as last week. Playing on the road typically makes everything harder for QBs, and that crappy field is the pits. I guess I'm just trying to have realistic expectations. One part of me says, "If Baker threw the ball so well last week WITHOUT any practice reps, then surely he plays better THIS week after getting every rep, right?"
But then the other part of me says, "He's a rookie on the road against a desperate team. He's going to take a little step back, which is only normal." I literally can't wait to find out how not only HE plays, but how our entire TEAM plays with Baker at the helm after an emotional victory. Success isn't something we've had to handle in a LONG while, ya know? Will we come out cold like usual? Will we have the same sense of urgency we had against the Jets? I hope so.
Yes, road games can be funny things. Balls don't bounce your way, penalties seem to be more prevalent, and crowd noise can be a problem. One thing is for sure, Baker is definitely used to playing in hostile environments. I think he'll settle right in, relatively quick. Wanna know who might be Baker's best friend today? Duke Johnson. Get Duke involved early and often on some short, easy throws and see if he can get some extra yards. And I hope we run it with Duke multiple times, too.
My biggest concern for Baker and the offense is punching it in while in the red zone. That's generally where rookies struggle, and we saw a little bit of that last week when Baker forced that one pass into the end zone that probably should have been picked off. On that play, our offensive line protected incredibly well, and Baker had time. In fact, if he would have held it a tad longer, he would have seen Higgins flashing open across the middle. But, he got away with it and I'm pretty he'll learn from that near pick.
One thing is for sure, this is as excited as I've been in a long time. No matter what happens in this game, I'm going to be pumped for our future. Haven't felt like this in forever. WOOF WOOF!
Crowd noise? We'll see how many Raider fans show up today to support their lame duck team.
-
Mayfield Lays an egg sunday?
He hits the film hard and preps for Week 5...
Agreed. Trubisky looks like he struggled more than the rookie QBs did last week. I saw that game because a lot of my players on my fantasy team appropriately named Drink Beer were in that game. Trubisky was way off target on guys that were open down field while many of his completions weren't in places that enabled YAC over YUCK. That team looks like they want to get their passing game out of a sand box but Trubisky just can't quite enable them to do so. When I see Taylor Gabriel with 5 catches for just 25 yards a week or 2 ago - I see a LOT of speed being held hostage.
Now you went and made Gipper cry... or at least be sad.
And what's up with not Drink(ing) Beer in a Browns Board FFL?
Apologies if you are, but results have not been posted in the Weekly Results thread.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login