A Case For Hue
-
@AlbertBreer tells@BullandFox that if#Browns
make a move at head coach at some pt, two obvious names would be Josh McDaniels and Lincoln Riley. One darkhorse candidate, Iowa St head coach/NEO native Matt Campbell, "people connected to John Dorsey, really like Matt Campbell."
Does anyone else think that McDaniels is the eventual replacement for Belichick? Wasn't he in the running for another HC gig but backed out? (Or am I confusing him with someone else?)
Does anyone else think that McDaniels is the eventual replacement for Belichick? Wasn't he in the running for another HC gig but backed out? (Or am I confusing him with someone else?)
yes ......... he always bottles it and stays put
-
If this team ends up with only 4 wins, they will fire Hue. Having said that, the time to fire him wasn't when we were 2-2-1 with 3 OT games. Everybody wanted a new OC this year and we got one. A lot of people wanted the owner to stop firing Head Coaches too quickly so Pettine got 3 years and Hue is getting a 3rd full season. Everybody wanted an ideal chance to win games at the end of regulation and during OT (which we've had) in 5 of the games played.
What good can come of firing a Head Coach 2 weeks after this team was 2-2-1? There's reasons our OC and DC are no longer considered HC candidates so would choosing 1 over the other as Interim HC for the remainder of the year put out a fire or add gas to it? My guess is the best time to fire a HC for the purpose of upgrading that position isn't during the season when the choices are unemployed Coaches and the scenario I just mentioned.
Again, if firing the HC was the answer here since 1999 - why do you suppose we're still rinsing and repeating with the exact same outcome? Hurry up for Jimmy's next choice? That involves losing both the OC and DC, their systems, and philosophies as well as the personnel here for those specifics. There's a better nucleus here than many people are them credit for. It's going to take more than 6 weeks for all the newbies we're counting on to deliver the magic especially when some of the key components are now injured (which a team coming off 0-16 can ill-afford to lose). Let's see what happens the rest of the season...
-
@AlbertBreer tells@BullandFox that if#Browns
make a move at head coach at some pt, two obvious names would be Josh McDaniels and Lincoln Riley. One darkhorse candidate, Iowa St head coach/NEO native Matt Campbell, "people connected to John Dorsey, really like Matt Campbell."
Does anyone else think that McDaniels is the eventual replacement for Belichick? Wasn't he in the running for another HC gig but backed out? (Or am I confusing him with someone else?)
Does anyone else think that McDaniels is the eventual replacement for Belichick? Wasn't he in the running for another HC gig but backed out? (Or am I confusing him with someone else?)
Yes McDaniels is the heir apparent to Bella check. And FYI he and I were born in the same hospital.
-
Does anyone else think that McDaniels is the eventual replacement for Belichick? Wasn't he in the running for another HC gig but backed out? (Or am I confusing him with someone else?)
Yes McDaniels is the heir apparent to Bella check. And FYI he and I were born in the same hospital.
Yes McDaniels is the heir apparent to Bella check. And FYI he and I were born in the same hospital.
Which one?
-
Yes McDaniels is the heir apparent to Bella check. And FYI he and I were born in the same hospital.
Which one?
Which one?
Barberton citizens hospital. Actually that’s not true I was born in the old hospital he was born in the new hospital but they were both called by the same name at the time
-
Which one?
Barberton citizens hospital. Actually that’s not true I was born in the old hospital he was born in the new hospital but they were both called by the same name at the time
Barberton citizens hospital. Actually that’s not true I was born in the old hospital he was born in the new hospital but they were both called by the same name at the time
That's where my doctor does his rounds at.
The old hospital was located in a big house located near where the current hospital is, right?
-
Barberton citizens hospital. Actually that’s not true I was born in the old hospital he was born in the new hospital but they were both called by the same name at the time
That's where my doctor does his rounds at.
The old hospital was located in a big house located near where the current hospital is, right?
That's where my doctor does his rounds at.
The old hospital was located in a big house located near where the current hospital is, right?
No it is near downtown on Wooster Rd., NorthJust up the road from the Magic city shopping CenterJust up the road from the Magic city shopping Center
-
@ghoolie said:
Honestly,
those of you saying things like Foolgel "If Hue wins 4 he's gone", don't have a fukcking clue. Again, Hue Jackson was 0 - 16, 1 - 35 and did not get fired.............If the progression of his record goes.........
1-15
0 - 16
4-11 - 1
There are no grounds to fire him. Do you guys all flip hamburgers for a living? Seriously? Are you that fukcing stupid to think that a guy who delivers 400% of the wins the team had over the past 2 years is NOW, with the team on an upswing, going to get fired? WTF goofy existence you caulksuckers must have. If the Browns go 4- 11- 1 nobody gets fired. They finish 2 - 13 -1? Then Williams and/or Haley will be gone.
If Hue was going to get fired, 0 - 16 was Haslam's way out. Get used to it. Marvin Lewis? Same deal. Hue isn't going anywhere.
Depends on what's inherited. For example, Pettine started off 7-4 in 2014. Then he lost the last 5 games before going 3-13 the next year. After the impressive start, he finished 3-18 in his last 21 games. In his second year, a lot of the team quit on him. When it's clear the team QUITS on the Head Coach - he's a dead man walking.
You can say a lot of bad things about 1-31 football that I cannot argue with. One thing you can't say is the group of guys the FO brought here never stopped playing hard. For example, our first ballot HOF Left Tackle said the reason Hue is best Head Coach he's had here (inclusive of our team that went 10-6 in 2007) is because the players never stopped playing hard for him.
The owner is giving Hue 3 strikes he's never given another HC during his tenure. Consultants he's confided in have advised him he can't keep giving things just 1 or 2 years or nothing will ever launch here. There's GETTING this and there's your inability to get it. If this season heads south to most guys quitting - what makes you think the trigger happy owner wants season #4? Isn't Hue already the 3rd Head Coach under Haslam's short tenure? That's nothing like Cincy. Maybe you should consider flipping burgers instead of hitting the bottle and puffing the crack pipe...
-
But Flugs, the resident Klansmen on here think Hue will never lose his job because of the liberal wife of Hillbilly Jimmy secretly craves Hue's brasiole… I guess she didn't have a thing for Ray Farmer or Sashi Brown, who both got dumped nice and quick like.
I don't know why you continually try to debate a troll like Bitch Tits Tom, Flugs. He literally will do a 180 on anything he said in the past just to piss people off, hence, nothing he says should be taken at face value. Just give him a minute, he'll be tossed again.
-
Is offering the Bengals a 2 and a 3 to get AJ McCarron a case to get rid of him at the end of the year as 3-34-1 clearly isn't enough
-
LB's vendetta against Hue for getting his boy Sashi fired is strong, Flugs.
Pretty freaking repetitive. I guess he's not going to answer any of the questions I had for him.
Pretty freaking repetitive. I guess he's not going to answer any of the questions I had for him.
The only thing repetitive is you pair of morons bringing Sashi up every time I comment about anything. What he has to do with me not liking Hue is beyond me, wasn't he part of the hiring process? if anything I put a notch in SB's loss column for that one.
You two are just trolls, well Dutch isn't to me no more after I remembered the ignore button.
-
Is offering the Bengals a 2 and a 3 to get AJ McCarron a case to get rid of him at the end of the year as 3-34-1 clearly isn't enough
Is offering the Bengals a 2 and a 3 to get AJ McCarron a case to get rid of him at the end of the year as 3-34-1 clearly isn't enough
Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.
He didn't offer anything.
Zombo
-
Is offering the Bengals a 2 and a 3 to get AJ McCarron a case to get rid of him at the end of the year as 3-34-1 clearly isn't enough
Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.
He didn't offer anything.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.
He didn't offer anything.
Zombo
What I find most interesting about LB's narrative is that when Sashi was in charge, the Browns record in 2016 and 2017 wasn't important to him, because we were in Sashi's PROCESS, but for Hue, the record for those two seasons count. But no, he has axe to grind.
The silly thing is about all this is there isn't one person on this board that I can think of that is firmly behind Hue being the head coach long term. There's some willing to see how he does this season, but even that is probably the minority. Most either want him gone now or think he'll be gone when the season is over. There simply is no pro-Hue vs anti-Hue war going on this board.
-
Zombo said:
Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.
He didn't offer anything.
Zombo
What I find most interesting about LB's narrative is that when Sashi was in charge, the Browns record in 2016 and 2017 wasn't important to him, because we were in Sashi's PROCESS, but for Hue, the record for those two seasons count. But no, he has axe to grind.
The silly thing is about all this is there isn't one person on this board that I can think of that is firmly behind Hue being the head coach long term. There's some willing to see how he does this season, but even that is probably the minority. Most either want him gone now or think he'll be gone when the season is over. There simply is no pro-Hue vs anti-Hue war going on this board.
What I find most interesting about LB's narrative is that when Sashi was in charge, the Browns record in 2016 and 2017 wasn't important to him, because we were in Sashi's PROCESS, but for Hue, the record for those two seasons count. But no, he has axe to grind.
The silly thing is about all this is there isn't one person on this board that I can think of that is firmly behind Hue being the head coach long term. There's some willing to see how he does this season, but even that is probably the minority. Most either want him gone now or think he'll be gone when the season is over. There simply is no pro-Hue vs anti-Hue war going on this board.
Let him have this season. We've played 6 games. After 12 games I think we'll know if he is coming back or not.
Zombo
-
What I find most interesting about LB's narrative is that when Sashi was in charge, the Browns record in 2016 and 2017 wasn't important to him, because we were in Sashi's PROCESS, but for Hue, the record for those two seasons count. But no, he has axe to grind.
The silly thing is about all this is there isn't one person on this board that I can think of that is firmly behind Hue being the head coach long term. There's some willing to see how he does this season, but even that is probably the minority. Most either want him gone now or think he'll be gone when the season is over. There simply is no pro-Hue vs anti-Hue war going on this board.
Let him have this season. We've played 6 games. After 12 games I think we'll know if he is coming back or not.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Let him have this season. We've played 6 games. After 12 games I think we'll know if he is coming back or not.
Zombo
I agree to keep him for the rest of the season, but ESPN recently ranked him last, at 118th, of all 4 major sports coaches. Could it be they're drastically wrong, or might Hue actually be historically bad? http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/24193474/top-50-sports
-
Pretty freaking repetitive. I guess he's not going to answer any of the questions I had for him.
The only thing repetitive is you pair of morons bringing Sashi up every time I comment about anything. What he has to do with me not liking Hue is beyond me, wasn't he part of the hiring process? if anything I put a notch in SB's loss column for that one.
You two are just trolls, well Dutch isn't to me no more after I remembered the ignore button.
The only thing repetitive is you pair of morons bringing Sashi up every time I comment about anything. What he has to do with me not liking Hue is beyond me, wasn't he part of the hiring process? if anything I put a notch in SB's loss column for that one.
You two are just trolls, well Dutch isn't to me no more after I remembered the ignore button.
You got rid of Dutch because the truth hurts? You better get rid of me too Brit-ney.
I brought up your Sashi asss hurt in a grand total of ONE thread during your temper tantrum about Dorsey that began the night Cleveland BEAT the Jets.
-
The only thing repetitive is you pair of morons bringing Sashi up every time I comment about anything. What he has to do with me not liking Hue is beyond me, wasn't he part of the hiring process? if anything I put a notch in SB's loss column for that one.
You two are just trolls, well Dutch isn't to me no more after I remembered the ignore button.
You got rid of Dutch because the truth hurts? You better get rid of me too Brit-ney.
I brought up your Sashi asss hurt in a grand total of ONE thread during your temper tantrum about Dorsey that began the night Cleveland BEAT the Jets.
You got rid of Dutch because the truth hurts? You better get rid of me too Brit-ney.
I brought up your Sashi asss hurt in a grand total of ONE thread during your temper tantrum about Dorsey that began the night Cleveland BEAT the Jets.
Errm you said only yesterday I was repetitive about Sashi Brown when replying to your boy about me.
Once?
You have also just used your boys exact words about me, “temper tantrum”. Where does ones mouth and ones arse begin?!?!
Nope I didn’t get rid of him because the “truth hurts” I got rid of him because he doesn’t let me post without mentioning Sashi Brown.
Funny you mentioned me being British again though, when I say it’s an issue for some of you I get accused of being sensitive ??
️
You’ve both got a problem with me for whatever reasons and good luck to you I won’t lose sleep over it.
-
Is offering the Bengals a 2 and a 3 to get AJ McCarron a case to get rid of him at the end of the year as 3-34-1 clearly isn't enough
Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.
He didn't offer anything.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.
He didn't offer anything.
Zombo
What? He’d already worked with him.
Who do you think made that offer then?
-
You got rid of Dutch because the truth hurts? You better get rid of me too Brit-ney.
I brought up your Sashi asss hurt in a grand total of ONE thread during your temper tantrum about Dorsey that began the night Cleveland BEAT the Jets.
Errm you said only yesterday I was repetitive about Sashi Brown when replying to your boy about me.
Once?
You have also just used your boys exact words about me, “temper tantrum”. Where does ones mouth and ones arse begin?!?!
Nope I didn’t get rid of him because the “truth hurts” I got rid of him because he doesn’t let me post without mentioning Sashi Brown.
Funny you mentioned me being British again though, when I say it’s an issue for some of you I get accused of being sensitive ??
️
You’ve both got a problem with me for whatever reasons and good luck to you I won’t lose sleep over it.
Errm you said only yesterday I was repetitive about Sashi Brown when replying to your boy about me.
Once?
You have also just used your boys exact words about me, “temper tantrum”. Where does ones mouth and ones arse begin?!?!
Nope I didn’t get rid of him because the “truth hurts” I got rid of him because he doesn’t let me post without mentioning Sashi Brown.
Funny you mentioned me being British again though, when I say it’s an issue for some of you I get accused of being sensitive ??
️
You’ve both got a problem with me for whatever reasons and good luck to you I won’t lose sleep over it.
If you came from Syria or Kenya, they would luv ya.
-
Zombo said:
Hugh is not, was not, and never will be the GM.
He didn't offer anything.
Zombo
What? He’d already worked with him.
Who do you think made that offer then?
What? He’d already worked with him.
Who do you think made that offer then?
Ummm ... The general manager at the time, Sashi Brown.
You know Hue can't just make his own trades, right?
Z
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login