The Big Four Rookie QBs
-
Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked
Do you see a trade piece we could get for TT? Neither of those qb's should be playing behind that OL. At this time
Do you see a trade piece we could get for TT? Neither of those qb's should be playing behind that OL. At this time
You're so right. They're going to get Rosen killed and it's not right. God FORBID we play Arizona this year, right? LOL! Their offense is absolutely awful. I think I heard they were like 0 for their last 12 3rd downs or something? Yeesh. Rosen did not play well, but he also got screwed by his receiver on the pick 6. The WR quit on the route and the DB picked it off and ran back. The other pick 6 was a deflection, so technically Rosen's fault, but also a lot of bad luck. It's going to be a hard year for the rookies, no doubt. I'd just feel better if we actually had better WR's for Mayfield to throw it to, but maybe Landry will become what I hoped he was.
-
The Cards are the worst. But then they always have been. Since the Cubs won it is now the Cardinals that have gone longer than any other team of the four major sports to have won a title.
-
Is it Rosen or is the rest the team just bad too. I mean they started out with Sam Bradford and went to Rosen because Bradford sucked
Shhhh... Don't tell Mark. Two years ago I was the runner up in the Survivor Pool picking the team that was playing the Browns. Thinking of going with the team playing the Cardinals the rest of the way out.
BTW, I have the Falcons this week, just because it will piss off our banned troll Saquon nut hugger. I'll put as a race to the #1 pick between the Giants and Cards.
Shhhh... Don't tell Mark. Two years ago I was the runner up in the Survivor Pool picking the team that was playing the Browns. Thinking of going with the team playing the Cardinals the rest of the way out.
BTW, I have the Falcons this week, just because it will piss off our banned troll Saquon nut hugger. I'll put as a race to the #1 pick between the Giants and Cards.
I would love to see ATL and CLE lose (sorry on CLE) and LAC win.

........wait I could live with a CLE win.
-
Todd Haley just sort of called out Baker during his presser, and he said Baker needs to learn that open in the pros is vastly different from college open. The only problem I have with this statement is we don't have people who can make contested catches. I had to hear all off-season about how wide Landry's catch radius is, and if the ball was anywhere near him he could catch it with 1 or 2 hands. Well, the first 3 games I saw some of this talent, but I haven't seen it recently. Not only that, Jarvis tried a one-handed catch on 3rd down last week and dropped it, when it looked like he could've used both mitts. THAT pizzed me off.
So who else is going to catch the small-window receptions, Todd? Maybe Njoku if he's on? Callaway won't. Ratley? I just really hope we don't see Baker start forcing the ball into windows that aren't there because we simply don't have the personnel to make contested catches.
When I look at the numbers of the other rookie QBs, I can't help but be disappointed in Baker's. But then I think about the drops and wonder how much is really his fault? On the flip side, Baker missed Callaway for an easy long TD a week or two ago, just like Tyrod did. You only get maybe one or possibly two chances a game to connect on deep TDs, and we haven't made them. It's beyond frustrating.
The statistics say we're going to have receivers open, and open deep this week. I want to see us make the connections and finish those rare opportunities when they present themselves. Seth Devalve can catch, can we use him? I believe we activated Demari Scott at WR, and I remember really liking him in preseason. Let's help our rookie QB out for a change and make some plays.
-
And the one knock on Darnold was too many fumbles. So who ended up curing that this far into the season? After I dropped back Rosen for injury prone, Darnold seemed the obvious choice. But I'm not giving up on Baker just yet. He's a smart guy and can learn just like Brees learned. I still think he has that potential in him if he doesn't get gunshy with all the hits.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login