Skip to content

Interim OC is Freddie Kitchens

The Browns Board
43 24 1.4k 1
  • @d-bone said:

    Maybe now on 1st and Goal from the 3, they may actually hand the thing off 3 times in a row..... from gulp - under center no less. 

    Are we allowed to do that? 

    @mark-o said:

    Are we allowed to do that? 

    Man, I have to admit, I was definitely in the camp of, "Run the ball 4 times in a row from the 1 yard line", but we had the ball around the 1 against the Steelers, and we went to run it with Chubb and we got COMPLETELY blown up.  I mean, it wasn't even close.  We got NO push, and I think we lost a yard or two.  My point is, I'm not sure we're GOOD ENOUGH to run it in when the opposition knows it's coming.  I hope I'm wrong, but it just seems to me that we don't get enough push when we need it.  Remember that QB sneak on 4th down?  Man, that wasn't even close.  

    You know what play I see many teams score on each week when they're near the goal line?  The shotgun handoff.  The QB catches the snap, hands it off to the RB who gets a full head of steam and plunges in.  I literally see it work multiple times each week.  I don't necessarily love the idea of handing off 4 yards back from the line, but other teams run it quite successfully.  

  • After watching that video.. I feel good about Kitchens being the OC.. Remember.. This guy was a QB in college.. And instrumental in helping Carson Palmer , resuscitate his career under the auspices of Bruce Arians...

  • Well, this next game is going to be a win, because Kitchens is going to throw the kitchen sink at em.🙄

    @calfoxwc said:

    Well, this next game is going to be a win, because Kitchens is going to throw the kitchen sink at em.🙄

    That would have killed on Hee Haw...