Please Not McDaniels
-
There's always an exception. But Cowher has already won his super bowl so he's out.
Yes, I get it....All I was saying is that in his post game commentary he looked like a guy that wanted to get back into the fray, and that the Browns....having been the team he played for, seem like the kind of team that he would like to coach, if he got back into it. I am not saying that the Browns should have any interest in Cowher...just that it appeared that he had interest in them.
And let's just say this: the Browns could probably do worse, and have done worse.
Yes, I get it....All I was saying is that in his post game commentary he looked like a guy that wanted to get back into the fray, and that the Browns....having been the team he played for, seem like the kind of team that he would like to coach, if he got back into it. I am not saying that the Browns should have any interest in Cowher...just that it appeared that he had interest in them.
And let's just say this: the Browns could probably do worse, and have done worse.
It would be virtually impossible for the Browns to make a worse HC hire than Cowher. In regards to Ghoolie's love affair with McDaniels- a little reminder- he flopped as a HC in Denver, and came back running to hide in the shadow of Bill. And MHO the situation in New England is a chicken or the egg deal. You can easily posit McDaniels looks so good in Foxborough because he has the unquestioned GOAT QB of all time (Brady) running his plays.
-
Yes, I get it....All I was saying is that in his post game commentary he looked like a guy that wanted to get back into the fray, and that the Browns....having been the team he played for, seem like the kind of team that he would like to coach, if he got back into it. I am not saying that the Browns should have any interest in Cowher...just that it appeared that he had interest in them.
And let's just say this: the Browns could probably do worse, and have done worse.
I'm not sure they could do worse at this point and time. He's been out of the game too long and there's no way he's going to have the same desire as someone younger who hasn't already won.
-
Yes, I get it....All I was saying is that in his post game commentary he looked like a guy that wanted to get back into the fray, and that the Browns....having been the team he played for, seem like the kind of team that he would like to coach, if he got back into it. I am not saying that the Browns should have any interest in Cowher...just that it appeared that he had interest in them.
And let's just say this: the Browns could probably do worse, and have done worse.
It would be virtually impossible for the Browns to make a worse HC hire than Cowher. In regards to Ghoolie's love affair with McDaniels- a little reminder- he flopped as a HC in Denver, and came back running to hide in the shadow of Bill. And MHO the situation in New England is a chicken or the egg deal. You can easily posit McDaniels looks so good in Foxborough because he has the unquestioned GOAT QB of all time (Brady) running his plays.
It would be virtually impossible for the Browns to make a worse HC hire than Cowher. In regards to Ghoolie's love affair with McDaniels- a little reminder- he flopped as a HC in Denver, and came back running to hide in the shadow of Bill. And MHO the situation in New England is a chicken or the egg deal. You can easily posit McDaniels looks so good in Foxborough because he has the unquestioned GOAT QB of all time (Brady) running his plays.
You can say the same thing about BB.........in fact I DO say the same thing about BB.
In fact, McDaniels story may be similar to BBs. BB flopped with the Browns (McD with the Broncs)....and remember, he didn't get another HC job for over 5 years. Then came back....had a bad first year ...5-11...with the Pats, and then, as you say, the possible GOAT (no Browns fans would EVER say he is the unquestioned GOAT...given that we had OG here) showed up to show him the way.
I maintain that without Brady, I doubt that BB would have ever won a single title. His teams would have been good, they would have been playoff teams, but Brady won them their titles.
-
They could do worse, they could rehire Hue....or Shurmur
Or...Jeff Fisher?
How about Mangini or the Homeless Guy while we're at it- or bring back Chud for a second tour of duty- he got shafted the first time around....
Now you're arguing just to argue. Bet another 10:1 bottles of wine it's not going to be Bill.
-
They could do worse, they could rehire Hue....or Shurmur
Or...Jeff Fisher?
How about Mangini or the Homeless Guy while we're at it- or bring back Chud for a second tour of duty- he got shafted the first time around....
Now you're arguing just to argue. Bet another 10:1 bottles of wine it's not going to be Bill.
How about Mangini or the Homeless Guy while we're at it- or bring back Chud for a second tour of duty- he got shafted the first time around....
Now you're arguing just to argue. Bet another 10:1 bottles of wine it's not going to be Bill.
Wouldn't make that bet.....like I said, I am not advocating it.....I was just reporting that Cowher seemed, on the air, to be a guy that could be getting the itch to coach back. I mean, Arians threw his hat in the ring....and it seemed like Cowher may like to do so also. Just because someone throws their hat in the ring doesn't mean the Browns are going to pick it up and wear it.
(now...I am wondering where that expression comes from)....here is what I found:
What is the origin of throw _one's hat into the ring_?
As you might expect, it comes from the boxing ring (well, we supposed that some of you might have guessed the circus ring...). In the early 19th century, when boxing was quite popular, one who wished to challenge a boxer would throw his hat into the ring. This was probably necessitated by the crowds and noise at such events; you'd be missed if you simply tried to shout out a challenge or push your way through the crowd and into the ring. John Hamilton Reynolds wrote in The Fancy: "Throw in his hat, and with a spring get gallantly within the ring." This is from 1820 and is the first recorded use of the term.
The phrase soon came to be used figuratively to mean "to enter a contest" and then "to enter a political contest". Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt used it in 1912:"My hat's in the ring", he said, meaning that he had entered the presidential race.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login