Wouldn't it be great if............
-
Now...here is a true shocker...Lums, I actually agree with you about the Sophmore slump from Ryan. Their schedule will be a lot tougher. I don't think it will be terrible. But I won't pick him up right away in my fantasy league either. He'll struggle at times against some of the better teams. And, other times, he will look all world. But, in the end, I think his numbers may be down from last season. Next year though...Look Out!
It's interesting how this can happen in other cities without fans booing, chanting for the backup, and screaming that the NFL "figured him out".
-
@shepwrite said:
Sounds like he's becoming Quinnsian in his training and preparation.Quinnsian? Really now?
Dude, I know you like Quinn and I myself like what Quinn brings to the table. But just because the guy works out, watches video and likes to learn doesn't make him anymore "Quinnsian" ,as you put it, than the next guy. Quinn isn't the first, nor will he the last QB to work hard and show a willingness to learn so the label "Quinnsian" is little off.
In fact, I hope Quinn is a little more "Ryan-esque" with his performance this year.
-
............We could hear this sort of thing about EITHER one of our QB's http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-f...p&type=lgns
............We could hear this sort of thing about EITHER one of our QB's http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-f...p&type=lgns
Ah yes. The benefits of picking a guy and running with him.
-
......if we were older
Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong.
I know it's "NICE", but your title has me humming that Beach Boy song.
-
@shepwrite said:
Dude, Big Cactus, AZ... I was funnin'.Gotcha, hard to tell online......
-
@shepwrite said:
Good stuff, Jason. A lot of times, a "sophomore slump" is indeed about one dimensional QBs getting schemed. Other times it's not so much a slump as reality after a flash-in-the-pan season.I was trying to think of a great quarterback who had a great rookie year and then sucked his second year and then got great again... and I haven't up with one yet.
Dennis Shaw, 1970 Rookie of the Year (not great, but good year). In 1971 goes out and leads the league with 26 INT's.
Vince Young, maybe?
-
............We could hear this sort of thing about EITHER one of our QB's http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-f...p&type=lgns
He sure is incredible. Maybe he'll even be good enough to go to the pro bowl some day.
BTW expect a soph slump from this guy as their opponents are upgraded for this season. No more Detroilets on the sched.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

