Skip to content

What do we need to take the next step?

The Browns Board
28 19 693
  • We are VERY close to dominant. Needs in order

    A true #1 receiver

    LT

    a LB or 2 that can cover a TE

    @jcam222 said:

    We are VERY close to dominant. Needs in order

    A true #1 receiver

    LT

    a LB or 2 that can cover a TE

    agreed....i do think our lt will be ok....give him a chance...but i do agree with you on all your other selections...

  • I think the theme of the Browns future FA and draft will be defense, defense, defense.....with a little offense thrown in.

  • I think the theme of the Browns future FA and draft will be defense, defense, defense.....with a little offense thrown in.

    @the-gipper said:

    I think the theme of the Browns future FA and draft will be defense, defense, defense.....with a little offense thrown in.

    Definitely could use some DLine help... another starter at one of the OLB spots (or both?)… I'd like more depth at corner.Β 

    On offense, upgrades at both tackle spots could be a priority... Wide receiver would be nice.Β 

  • We need more speed at wr. As a buckeye fan I wouldn't mind Paris Cambell in the 2nd round if he is still there. The dude can fly. I think we add another lb in free agency and one in the draft. Going to be really weird to be drafting at like 17 this year. Go Browns!! What a awesome year.

  • DT/DE is our single biggest need on the entire team right now. We're not gonna fill that need in the draft unless someone has another video surface of taking bong rips through a ww2 gas mask. Barring that, its gonna have to be done through FA

  • We need more speed at wr. As a buckeye fan I wouldn't mind Paris Cambell in the 2nd round if he is still there. The dude can fly. I think we add another lb in free agency and one in the draft. Going to be really weird to be drafting at like 17 this year. Go Browns!! What a awesome year.

    @cambridgeho said:

    We need more speed at wr. As a buckeye fan I wouldn't mind Paris Cambell in the 2nd round if he is still there. The dude can fly. I think we add another lb in free agency and one in the draft. Going to be really weird to be drafting at like 17 this year. Go Browns!! What a awesome year.

    I see it a little differently especially if we keep Perriman (and we should). He’s a 4.24 guy at 6’ 2”. Callaway is a speed demon too. I’d like to see us get a tall stout WR as a#1.Β 

  • @cambridgeho said:

    We need more speed at wr. As a buckeye fan I wouldn't mind Paris Cambell in the 2nd round if he is still there. The dude can fly. I think we add another lb in free agency and one in the draft. Going to be really weird to be drafting at like 17 this year. Go Browns!! What a awesome year.

    I see it a little differently especially if we keep Perriman (and we should). He’s a 4.24 guy at 6’ 2”. Callaway is a speed demon too. I’d like to see us get a tall stout WR as a#1.Β 

    @jcam222 said:

    I see it a little differently especially if we keep Perriman (and we should). He’s a 4.24 guy at 6’ 2”. Callaway is a speed demon too. I’d like to see us get a tall stout WR as a#1.Β 

    Defense wins playoff games. Add another defender of Dorsey's choice @ #1. BTW we are currently picking at #17 overall. We have been going downhill and I put that on Huey for leaving.?

  • I honestly think the next step is to publicly announce the official hiring of Gregg Williams and Freddie Kitchens as the future coaches of our team, and I'd do it tomorrow. It would inspire this team beyond belief, something they'll need for this ridiculously tough game Sunday afternoon. I've seen enough, I've HEARD enough. Gregg's most recent pressers were just so impressive, and he speaks honestly and from the heart. He communicates well with the media, and I enjoy his explanations and historical references he sometimes makes. How proud he was to get this place rocking again. And when a reporter asked about the importance of team celebrations after good plays, he didn't just give a generic answer, he said:

    β€œIt is always extremely important that you enjoy the celebrations of a win, enjoy the celebrations of a team,” Williams said.Β β€œI think it is important that you see that if it is an offensive celebration, that the defensive guys are fired up. When it is a defensive celebration, you see the offensive guys fired up. You see a team celebration.”

    He would go on to say a few more things, but it's obvious that he's connected to this team. They listen to him, and he's genuinely enjoying this opportunity. I realize that it's easier to feel good when you are winning, but this team is GROWING. I don't want to stunt the growth of a young team with new systems or different personnel. Why would you? It's time to call off the "coaching search", and give the coaches, the players, and the fans a Christmas present. Sign Gregg and Freddie, and let the good times freaking roll.Β 

    IMG_20181224_233111.jpg