Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Browns need to put end to secrecy

Browns need to put end to secrecy

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
30 Posts 18 Posters 1.8k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • kshutchins K
    • 951 Posts
    • 19 Reputation
    K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @jadbf said:

    I don't care if they close EVERY SINGLE PRACTICE to the press. I don't care if he builds an underground practice facility that's harder for press to get into than Area 51.

    LOL. I agree completely.

    Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • kshutchins K
      • 951 Posts
      • 19 Reputation
      K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
      #22

      "To his credit, Mangini opened more practices than the league required. But for the most part, the media were restricted to standing behind a sand pit, aka ''the sand box,'' beside Belichick's old training hill. The spot up against the fence was not close to the nearest sideline and light-years away when drills were conducted two fields over. A second-floor window of a nearby condo would have been a better vantage point." ---Marla Ridenour, Beacon Journal

      Okay... start making friends with the owner of that second-floor window. Though it IS fun to get the scoop on what's going on with the team, I really care more about what goes on at game time. Just win, baby. I don't feel slighted as a fan because the coach isn't more forthcoming. In fact, I'm a little surprised they've been talking as much as they have about the defense.

      Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Sez.EJ S
        • 859 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
        #23

        Training camp has not even started!!! You guys are right this is about nothing and really dumb. I guess they need something to write about with nothing much happening for 5 weeks.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
          #24

          Now folks, you're all bein' a little too tough on the media people, don't ya think??? Why, they just care about us fans...right?

          There's only so many lies, oops, there's only so many well founded fictitious rumors from reliable sources you can dream up, er obtain, before you lose credibility. We all know how very important it is for these writers (??) to protect their credibility (cough, hack). I for one would suggest they move to Hollywood & become REAL gossip columnists.

          Writers, keep right on whining...you made your beds with the crap you print, now go sleep in 'em! LOL

          Mike

          IN DORSEY I TRUST
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 3k Posts
            • 127 Reputation
            Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
            #25

            Marla is not one of my favorite people that covers the Browns. A few years back I gabbed with Tony a little at camp and we were having a good chat until she came up and almost dragged him away to the media section for seven on seven. No "hi, how are you?" or nothing like that. I didn't think much of it but I later emailed her numerous times when she was also covering the Buckeyes about how I could go about getting a Media Guide and she never emailed me back. Keep in mind this is when Pluto or McMannamon always responded to emails. I just thought it was tacky and ever since I haven't thought much of her. Her writing is nothing special and I can't recall ever getting any really good tidbits out of her.

            Meanwhile Doeschuck is having sit downs with Mangie.

            Is a pig's ass pork?
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Solon16 S
              • 2k Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
              #26

              http://www.clevelandreboot.com/2009/06/whi...ar-edition.html

              Really well thought out article...imo a good read

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • YtownBrownsBacker Y
                • 2k Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
                #27

                I love it..............................because whiners like Grossi and Mary Kay need to have stories handed to them. They see an imcompletion and all the sudden the QB isn't grasping the offense. They don't take the time to see what play was called and if the receiver ran the right pattern.

                Maybe there would be more access if they just reported what was going on instead of trying to overanalyze and make assumptions about things. Just because Quinn took the first snaps at the first minicamp all the sudden he was a step up on Anderson. Hell, someone had to take the first snap.

                Problem is some have ruined it for all but reporting BS and creating rumors.

                So, I agree with Mangini. Close them out and that keeps all the BS in house.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • kshutchins K
                  • 951 Posts
                  • 19 Reputation
                  K kshutchins wrote on last edited by
                  #28

                  Does anyone know? How great is the struggle of Cleveland sportswriters compared to those in other cities?

                  Woof Woof, Kathy http://cognitivemanifesto.com/ http://www.skadden.com/index.cfm?contentID=49&officeID=9 Bendix ESP
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • NW Ohio Brownie N
                    • 298 Posts
                    • 3 Reputation
                    N NW Ohio Brownie wrote on last edited by
                    #29

                    I get a kick out of these writers trying to spin it into a "Hey fans, they're not going to tell you squat, so you should be upset, too" type of perspective.

                    To all media covering the Browns, I think I speak for everyone here when I say this:

                    Do you honestly think after eight losing seasons and one playoff appearance in ten years that we give a crap about the level of secrecy in Berea?

                    Do you think that's what keeps us up at nights?

                    Do you think that's what keeps us from beating Pittsburgh?

                    Do you think that's the disconnect between the Browns regime and the fan base?

                    After having our hearts ripped from our chest in '95, three years of boring fall Sundays, and ten years of suck it's all so simple: WE WANT A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM THAT WE CAN BE PROUD OF.

                    But you go ahead and print whatever makes you feel better. We'll still be here wanting results on the field, not in the press room.

                    ...searching for Nev Chandler..."5,4,3,2,1, Touchdown Browns!!
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • daddybull1 D
                      • 384 Posts
                      • 19 Reputation
                      D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
                      #30

                      Our modern day sports writers have evolved into super sluths and over analyze everyone and everything... Who really gives a rats patuse if they wear boxers or briefs....

                      Admittedly I'm old school... I grew up listening to baseball games with my father and we were listening to Rosey Roswald broadcasting the Pittsburgh Pirate games as he got them of the wire... You could hear the clicking of the telegraph lines in the background and Rosey would make up the play by play as he read what was happening... I believe this was used for away games as he was most likely in attendance for the home games... Unfortunatly we were in an area where we couldn't get the Cleveland broadcasts, that technology didn't come till years later...

                      Roseys sidekick at that time was Bob Prince who became the famed announcer for the modern day Pirates... It was always amusing when the gunner, Prince, did the commentary on the radio as he would fall back on old habits and really embelish what was happening... I can remember taking my transister radio to old Forbes Field to listen to Prince as I was watching the game... I often wondered if we were watching the same game as routine fly balls to Clemente in right field were broadcast as climbing the wall catches...

                      oops!! Guess I had a senior moment there---getting back to the topic of this thread, the Cleveland media better get used to it... There's a new sheriff in town so the rules of the game have changed.... Get with the program, do a little work or cover another sport....

                      I agree with Shep on this one, most of the factual info I now receive I get here on the Browns Board....

                      peace

                      T.Dawg

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better đź’—

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate